Tre White: "the whole hood want 'em (Gronk)"

CanadianFan

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Don't be surprised if Jamal Adams is a little extra physical/annoying in week 17 while covering him as well.

that's a good point.  He's likely friends with White.  I'm all for getting in Gronk's grill cleanly all game long.  He clearly has thin skin.  Make the moron do something stupid and get ejected.  

13 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Absolutely nothing would have been accomplished by Bills players starting a big brawl vs the Patriots.  Nothing except for making Buffalo players look as equally moronic as Gronk, suspensions, and fines.  Calling our players kitties for not stooping to Gronk’s level is really stupid, IMO.

Poyer did give Gronk a little bit of a shove at the end, but there were refs all over the place.  I agree, a "hockey style" fight would have minimized what a total bone-head and dirty player Gronk is.  

37 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'm telling you Poyer, Hyde, Gaines, and White are gonna get some shots in on Gronk the next game. ESPECIALLY if we are out of the playoff hunt. 

Put two LB's over him and just bang him cleanly within 5 yards.  Thin skinned Gronk will explode.  

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well said. They will do some fake pushing and shoving next time we play NE just like the BS Sabres did after Lucic punked Miller.

you either have it or you don't. I want players who have it.  Would Gronk do that to the Steelers? 

Yes, Gronk would. I give Gronk 0 ability for critical thinking.  

2 minutes ago, Idandria said:

If Gronk get half the punishment we gave  to Jarvis Landy after what he did to AW, he’s in trouble. 

Oh wait, we never did anything. That’s the Bills for ya. I’m sure Gronk is real scared.

Okay, tough guy.  What do you think Bills players should have done in that moment?  And if your answer is that they should have retaliated physically, do you think Gronk would have been “real scared?”  I doubt it.

This is the NFL...not the UFC.

2 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Rex TRIED to build a bully...and you are right, it did not work because those "bullies" all just sat back and watched their teammate take a cheap shot and did NOTHING

It is one thing to say you are building a bully...it is something else entirely to do it. See: Steelers. You want to cheap shot Antonio Brown, here you go baby, WHAM!!!!!! 

Professional organization handling business = Steelers

Rinky Dink Clown Show Organization NOT handling business = Bills 

As I recall Rex built a team that took a lot of stupid and unnecessary penalties.  

2 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Please explain how it is dumb rhetoric? 

Fact: The entire Bills roster watched A Williams get a blind side cheap shot by Landry last year

Fact: No one even came close to getting in Landrys face or giving a shot back to him, legal or illegal, in that game or the game after

Fact: That proves they are soft kitties

Fact: The entire Bills roster watched Gronk cheap shot a downed Tre White

Fact: No one even came close to doing anything to Gronk (hyde maybe got in his face?) immediately after the hit, didnt do ANYTHING to stick up for their best defensive player

Fact: That proves the are still soft kitties

how is this even debatable? 

It is a dumb idea because physical retaliation would have made things so, so much worse while at the same time minimizing Gronk’s ridiculous behavior.  This is not Hockey or the WWF.  You can’t just get into a massive brawl with the other team without incurring unnecessary consequences.  

So because the Bills players didn’t immediately throw down they are “soft kitties?”  Common dude.

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

Hope this doesn't become a race issue...  Or can white people be part of "the hood" as well these days?

How could it?  It was a white on White attack.

Oh my God, stop with this.  No one is trying to fight NFL players.  But a lot of us have played sports and if that happened to my teammate, I would've went after Gronk, even if he has 4" and 50 lbs on me.

you want to change the culture?  Have heart and defend your brother after some idiot takes a cheap shot after destroying them all game and laughing about it after word.

How anyone can defend their lack of response is beyond me & sums up why NFL teams don't respect the Bills. Sad!

I think many posters have already explained this.  NFL players, as a group, have already announced over and over that they are not interested in retaliatory fights ir hits, with a few scattered exceptions.  Why do you insist that they do what they don't consider important to their job?

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

he edited his earlier response to add his explanation, so originally there was no explanation...hence why I responded the way I did....maybe he let him "fight his own battles" eh bud? 

I'm not fighting anyone's battles. I was merely pointing out that you do not need to be condescending and aggressive with people simply because they don't share your opinion. Carry on.

3 hours ago, Woodman19 said:

While I hope we take the high road and win the game, it would be interesting to see fireworks lol. 

Maybe fireworks turn this Century vs the Pats around.  I am excited for Christmas Eve, but, think I will be dissappointed.........again.

3 hours ago, davspo said:

I could care less about the score in the next game. The bills will be out of the playoff race, and the game may mean nothing to the Pats.  I think BB will sit Gronk if that's the case.  If Gronk sits, I would love to see Brady take the brunt of it.  Hit him on every single play, take all the penalties if need be.  You cannot let your teammate take that kind of BS and have it go unpunished.

Agreed the game probably won't mean anything.

Agreed, BB will sit Gronk.

Agree, I hope Brady takes the brunt.  But, don't think it will happen.  But, cautiously optimistic.

3 hours ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

We already built a bully. It didn't work.

Because someone who talks out of two sides of their mouth says we are building a bully doesn't mean we tried to or did.

3 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

I would hope we would take it a step further, go after Brady too...You want to cheap shot us? Then good luck in the playoffs without Brady

But we wont...

I think the time is now.  The Bills are bridesmaids again, not going to the show.  The Pats will play Brady because they need to keep up with the Steelers.  So the Bills have nothing to lose.  I say, the first time Brady goes back to pass, the first Bill tackles him, even after the ball is gone, the second Bill jumps on Brady's head, and the third Bill jumps on Brady's knees.  All three will of course be treated just like Gronk:  Not ejected.  One game suspension.  No fine. 

And that's the last time anyone takes a cheap shot at a Bill.  The message is, you do that, you lose your QB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Nobody took a swing or went after JuJu after he laid out and taunted Burfict. Nobody went and took out his knees like many are claiming here. You just want to see dudes beat each other up. That is fine, but at least own up to that rather than thinly veil it as some ultimate act of integrity and decency. 

I have to agree with another poster on this. This is not hockey. 

Because Burfict's own teammates know he was a POS. Also, it was a football play in a close game.  If that's what Gronk did, I understand if they didn't respond.  But that was about a dirty of a cheap shot in a game that was over.  

50 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How could it?  It was a white on White attack.

I think many posters have already explained this.  NFL players, as a group, have already announced over and over that they are not interested in retaliatory fights ir hits, with a few scattered exceptions.  Why do you insist that they do what they don't consider important to their job?

Says the Pats fan. 

30 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Image result for gronk idiot

I don't know why, but this seemed appropriate to post here...

OMG   That's worse than a Peter Pan link

The risk of potentially losing a game check for retaliation and instigating brawl doesn't make sense. Keep your poise and see them back on the field in a three weeks.  If you knew the worst you were going to get was a 10K fine that's one thing but to lose a 

100k -500K game check ?  

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Good article on the whole situation. Seems Buffalo players let Boston players get away with taking liberties and do nothing in return. 

http://www.billsmafia.com/2017/12/06/bills-sink-anger-usual/

5 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Fact: No one even came close to doing anything to Gronk (hyde maybe got in his face?) immediately after the hit, didnt do ANYTHING to stick up for their best defensive player

Hyde talked mad trash at his PC afterwards, obviously deserved so nobody made a stink about it, but it was pretty refreshing to hear/see some reaction from a Bills player. Hyde was fuming over an hour after the incident. Hope this lights a fire under that whole defense, but definitely looks like the secondary is game for revenge. I don't remember a reaction like that directed towards Jarvis last year.

Hyde already seems far and away the leader of that defense, I can't see how much clout an aging vet like Kyle has on the whole if nobody is even sure if he's coming back. This secondary should stick around for a while, get EJ Gaines re-signed and build the defense from that. I don't know what Poyer's contract is like, or if he would even require much cap anyway.

I guess I'm trying to say I think this secondary has the attitude we're looking for. They just don't have the size to step to Gronk there, Preston, Meatball, and Hughes really should have stepped instead watching Hyde. But the secondary sure can go ACL hunting next time they see Gronk. They're talking the talk at least.

32 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

If it's me, I'm ending gronks career next game.

That's just me....

We'll see what happens

God willing.

• Like (+1) 1

Because Burfict's own teammates know he was a POS. Also, it was a football play in a close game.  If that's what Gronk did, I understand if they didn't respond.  But that was about a dirty of a cheap shot in a game that was over.  

We don’t disagree on the dirtiness of the play. 

Fine, the last Steelers game was close. But what about the 20 other times Vontaze acted like a total POS. But Christ man. Nobody has taken out Dalton because of Burfict. Nobody has taken out his knees or ended his career. This is the crazy stuff you are suggesting, in a way you would carry yourself in that situation. 

These guys are professionals. This is not how successful professionals act in the world. Your approach is generally pretty cancerous, to well, everything.

You seem like a guy who still brags about playing in the Monseneur Martin Championship game back in ‘82.  Do you get pumped every time Canisius beats Saint Joe’s in football?

My memory isn't what it used to be.

Can someone remind me .... there was ONE Bills player who talked **** before the Pats* game.  I can't recall who it was.

Help a brutha out.  Who it be?

29 minutes ago, Jacobo Peterman said:

The risk of potentially losing a game check for retaliation and instigating brawl doesn't make sense. Keep your poise and see them back on the field in a three weeks.  If you knew the worst you were going to get was a 10K fine that's one thing but to lose a 

100k -500K game check ?  

The least that Kyle Williams or someone else could have done is quickly gotten into the face of that shaved gorilla and told him harshly the next time he faces the Bills he sure as !@#$ better have his head on a swivel because he just !@#$ed himself.

That would not have resulted in suspensions, fines, etc. 

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Can someone remind me .... there was ONE Bills player who talked **** before the Pats* game.  I can't recall who it was.

I think it was Colton Schmidt, but I’m not positive.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Okay, tough guy.  What do you think Bills players should have done in that moment?  And if your answer is that they should have retaliated physically, do you think Gronk would have been “real scared?”  I doubt it.

This is the NFL...not the UFC.

So how many times have the Bills played the fish since Landry ENDED Aaron Williams career? 

And have any Bills defensemen laid big hits into Landry when given the opportunity? I can’t think of 1 hit. 

The Bills let divisional opponents do what ever they want knowing full well they will face the Bills 2 times a year. You think Gronk or Landry is scared to face the Bills, having done what they done? They probably laugh about. 

Also, by any chance, did you watch MNF this past week, and did you see what Juju did to Burfict? That’s how you respond to a divisional opponent that purposely hurts your teammates.

I’m not saying start a brawl on the spot, but at least make your divisional opponents respect you, knowing that they will be facing you in the future.

6 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Someone had it right up thread. Look for an LSU alum or another random player around the league to go for some payback. I don't it's a Bill but I'd be surprised if someone doesn't take him out.

I nominate Jarvis Landry.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Hyde talked mad trash at his PC afterwards, obviously deserved so nobody made a stink about it, but it was pretty refreshing to hear/see some reaction from a Bills player. Hyde was fuming over an hour after the incident. Hope this lights a fire under that whole defense, but definitely looks like the secondary is game for revenge. I don't remember a reaction like that directed towards Jarvis last year.

Hyde already seems far and away the leader of that defense, I can't see how much clout an aging vet like Kyle has on the whole if nobody is even sure if he's coming back. This secondary should stick around for a while, get EJ Gaines re-signed and build the defense from that. I don't know what Poyer's contract is like, or if he would even require much cap anyway.

I guess I'm trying to say I think this secondary has the attitude we're looking for. They just don't have the size to step to Gronk there, Preston, Meatball, and Hughes really should have stepped instead watching Hyde. But the secondary sure can go ACL hunting next time they see Gronk. They're talking the talk at least.

God willing.

The Bills have had very little unity over the years, and for good reason. Changing Coaching and seemingly directionless for decades (?)
if this is what it takes to spell TEAM in capital letters, then I am all for it !!

Go Bills.

ps When the Bills Secondary are on point they are swarming and hard hitting. That part of the season has been awesome honestly

39 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Some white guy that many posters were saying it was ok to do!

No one deserves what he got...but let your play do the talking!

6 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I took it as everyone, on and off the field. What do you imagine he has received for texts from guys around the league? They aren't going to ignore something that blatantly vicious. 

You might be right about other players around the league being included in that. I commented to another person that I felt Gronkowski would be a marked man around the league after that.

These players are often connected on and off the field. Even with guys as unassuming as Tre'Davious White,  somebody always knows somebody who knows somebody.