Who starts next week: Taylor or Peterman?

SDS

Which QB starts in week 11?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Sorry I worded that poorly.  I didn't mean everyone would blame Taylor.  Just his normal detractors.  Just like they blame Taylor for defense and the oline and quarterbacks don't need more than some cast off receivers to do well.

No problem. I think we all ( or most) want to see the Bills win. The defense is bad and the QB struggles likely don't help much, but there are many issues. The crazy thing is , as little chance as I felt the Bills had to win @ LA , I feel they might have a decent chance at KC. The Chiefs are struggling and TT has played at Arrowhead before. Maybe he gets sparked by this even if he knows he's moving on next year. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

No problem. I think we all ( or most) want to see the Bills win. The defense is bad and the QB struggles likely don't help much, but there are many issues. The crazy thing is , as little chance as I felt the Bills had to win @ LA , I feel they might have a decent chance at KC. The Chiefs are struggling and TT has played at Arrowhead before. Maybe he gets sparked by this even if he knows he's moving on next year. 

I hope so.  The AFC is so bad that the Bills still could make it.  They need to turn their crap around and the defense needs to step up though.

8 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Jesus, I know you guys hate EJ but if Peterman had the game EJ had in London people would say he should start next week.

It'd be all about how he made a couple of costly mistakes but had the mental toughness to come back and give his team a chance to win.

I don't even know what to think of Peterman other than cut. He's awful. He was supposed to anticipate and be pro ready, read the game, but have a weak arm. The game was way too fast for him. I've seen all I need to.

I don't know if you read my post wrong or I am reading yours wrong... but I said he had a worse game than EJ.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If that's the mindset, why bench him for Taylor then in the 2nd half?  I mean, might as well see what you have?

The game was getting out of control and he was trying to force things.  Make him sit and watch the film and let him see how he got into quick sand.

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I hope so.  The AFC is so bad that the Bills still could make it.  They need to turn their crap around and the defense needs to step up though.

I don't know if you read my post wrong or I am reading yours wrong... but I said he had a worse game than EJ.

I probably took yours wrong. We agree

Who cares.

This team is a dumpster fire right now. This defense can't stop anything. 

Aside from Lesean McCoy, this team has zero talent. Our DL is a mess, our linebackers don't do anything, our secondary can't cover, we can't pass protect, and we don't have any weapons in the pass game.

This team might be 5-5, but they look like arguably the worst team in the NFL right now. 

1 hour ago, Manther said:

That and maybe a TE to help block Bosa on the right side against Ducasse and Mills.  That seemed like poor coaching and game plan.

I don't know if the coaches had a poor plan developed this week working through their process.

Don't get me wrong Peterman was not good

Bosa got Taylor THROUGH Dawkins. Hes Gah-bage too!!! Who SHOULD we keep next year. The only thing this team could do to piss me off is mismanage the #25 situation. He is the ONLY thing I need. We need to draft around him including getting his successor

1 hour ago, 100DollarBills said:

Get ready to get upset, Peterman is here to start for the remainder of the season. Will be looking at a 1st round QB next year. 

I believe it!

1 hour ago, Manther said:

Ridiculous and unnecessary 

And I am black

I think this team will start Taylor this week in a last ditch effort to try to patch a leak on the Titanic. KC is in a similar free fall as of late and their defense is the worst in the NFL in yards allowed (even though they aren't giving up 40+ points a game and losing by large margins like the Bills). So it's somewhat of a 'winnable' game although I still have serious concerns and doubts the Bills are going to win another game this year no matter who is starting at QB and who the opponent is. Chargers were certainly better then their record but had no business winning the game in that fashion. So seems to me the Bills are yet again the perfect 'get well' opponent for a reeling Chiefs team that has lost 4 of 5 after a 5-0 start.

But then again, who knows what (or who) was truly behind the switch and given the stubborn nature and ego of NFL coaches and front office folks they might simply be inclined to stick with Peterman especially if they have conceded the season is over anyway and want that top 10  pickdraft position.

Somewhere I warned "It could be worse" and sure enough it was.  

Tyrod hasn't been great but Peterman looked terrible out there.  The NP experiment failed.  Time to go back to Tyrod.  IMHO.

And I share the concern with Dennison.  Sadly, Rex's coaching staff is starting to look better and better in hindsight.  

1 hour ago, 100DollarBills said:

He was pulled at halftime for damage control for this game. McD will likely have a very long chat with Peterman, but Peterman will remain. I bet you. Why do you think TT has already publically came out and said he will support Peterman if they choose him, because he already knows Peterman will start next week. 

I would be perfectly fine with coaching him up. Buffalo HAS to learn to stick with someone while they take their lumps. Taylor's days are numbered. We need to see where Peterman is. We need to see if there is some room for development. 

6 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

I would be perfectly fine with coaching him up. Buffalo HAS to learn to stick with someone while they take their lumps. Taylor's days are numbered. We need to see where Peterman is. We need to see if there is some room for development. 

Room for development???

Why do we need to "see if there is some room for development?" How much room could there be?

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

Room for development???

Why do we need to "see if there is some room for development?" How much room could there be?

After today, LOTS of room for improvement. Rocky, we suck... AGAIN. There is no moral victories and the season doesnt end  today. We need to see if he even should be here next year. Tyrod wont be. Do we need 1 or 2 qbs next year. Its time for reflection. As i said earlier who deserves to be here next year. All around. I dont see a team of pro football players out there.

1 minute ago, Agent 91 said:

After today, LOTS of room for improvement. Rocky, we suck... AGAIN. There is no moral victories and the season doesnt end  today. We need to see if he even should be here next year. Tyrod wont be. Do we need 1 or 2 qbs next year. Its time for reflection. As i said earlier who deserves to be here next year. All around. I dont see a team of pro football players out there.

I was at the game today, and couldn't believe how bad Peterman looked. After the third interception my wife asked me if they would bench him for TT. I said it wouldn't happen. Even though Peterman was struggling, I said that a HC would never bench a QB after the first half of their first start because it would ruin the rookie, and make themselves look like they didn't know what they were doing-- that once they make the decision to switch QBs, they have to ride it out for a bit, or they look like bumbling idiots. Well, by the end of the second half, the Bills didn't even look like an NFL team, and I, and all the other Bills fans around us, all felt like TT would start the second half. And, McDermott would look like an idiot either way.

It was just that bad.

I have to hand it Tyrod. When he came out for the second half, they weren't great, but they at least looked like an NFL team. He had a few plays where he did the T-mobile thing, left the pocket, made defenders miss, and threw some impressive passes on the run. Usually these plays would be met with cheers-- even from opposing fans, but not today. The Bills fans practically sighed at these plays. 

In my opinion, Peterman is all but done.

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

I was at the game today, and couldn't believe how bad Peterman looked. After the third interception my wife asked me if they would bench him for TT. I said it wouldn't happen. Even though Peterman was struggling, I said that a HC would never bench a QB after the first half of their first start because it would ruin the rookie, and make themselves look like they didn't know what they were doing-- that once they make the decision to switch QBs, they have to ride it out for a bit, or they look like bumbling idiots. Well, by the end of the second half, the Bills didn't even look like an NFL team, and I, and all the other Bills fans around us, all felt like TT would start the second half. And, McDermott would look like an idiot either way.

It was just that bad.

I have to hand it Tyrod. When he came out for the second half, they weren't great, but they at least looked like an NFL team. He had a few plays where he did the T-mobile thing, left the pocket, made defenders miss, and threw some impressive passes on the run. Usually these plays would be met with cheers-- even from opposing fans, but not today. The Bills fans practically sighed at these plays. 

In my opinion, Peterman is all but done.

From your vantage point didnt it appear most of Tyrods time was against soft bend but dont break conservative defenses. McDermott lost credibility with me a while ago... The whole saying win today as well as win in the future sounds DUMB!!!! Also after the game today, what is the process we are trusting. I cant

I wouldnt have blinked if Peterman would have put up Drew Andersons 577 and 7 tds. I need a larger sample. I have no problem closing the book on Peterman after another identical game or 2. But its too small a sample size for me to even care. Ducasse is still out there. Jordan Mills too... Ans Dawkins has done nothing for me either. McDermott should have just lost out with Tyrod.... But as I type this. WTH was McDermott thinking. this team cant stop the run..

so you bench your running qb... SOLID 

As previously stated, the Cardale Jones trade will come back and bite us in the ass.

A 6'5" 250# physical specimen like him in the 4th round, traded for nothing.  

Nice going, McBeane.

You and your pal Opie McDermott can give my regards to Sheriff Andy, Deputy Barney, Aunt Bea, Floyd the Barber, and Goober Pyle.

Thanks for ripping apart the team - enjoy your 5 wins.

Hey Terry & Kim...tremendous front office management with both franchises - how bout bringing back Darcy, Rex & Rob, and all the other losers you've paraded thru town?

Please...PLEASE... just one winning team before I kick the bucket!!!

27 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

From your vantage point didnt it appear most of Tyrods time was against soft bend but dont break conservative defenses. McDermott lost credibility with me a while ago... The whole saying win today as well as win in the future sounds DUMB!!!! Also after the game today, what is the process we are trusting. I cant

I wouldnt have blinked if Peterman would have put up Drew Andersons 577 and 7 tds. I need a larger sample. I have no problem closing the book on Peterman after another identical game or 2. But its too small a sample size for me to even care. Ducasse is still out there. Jordan Mills too... Ans Dawkins has done nothing for me either. McDermott should have just lost out with Tyrod.... But as I type this. WTH was McDermott thinking. this team cant stop the run..

so you bench your running qb... SOLID 

Well, it certainly did seem like garbage time came pretty early. But the Chargers D was definitely looking to play, and didn't let off the pressure on TT. If anything, it was the Chargers offense that went conservative on their play calling. Regardless, the Bills looked absolutely leaderless with Peterman, and the defense looked utterly demoralized. Keenan Allan was open all day. Wide open.

Be that as it may, I don't feel like I need to see a larger sample size of Peterman any more than I need to see a larger sample size of Matt Simms. I have zero confidence in him, and I doubt the rest of the team has much confidence in him either.

Start Taylor. The Bills will lose by 2 scores. Start Peterman and they lose by 4 scores. 

Who cares. McDermott should have been smarter and waited for Indy to start Peterman. How do you start a rookie 5th round pick vs a top defense on the road in back 2 back weeks. 

The only thing that saves McDermott here is if Pegula made the QB change, and we all know Bills owners do that stuff. 

7 hours ago, Woodman19 said:

The game was getting out of control and he was trying to force things.  Make him sit and watch the film and let him see how he got into quick sand.

Just a common fan here but I would say with a fair amount of confidence that Peterman "got into the quicksand" by throwing up a prayer off his back foot while under duress not once but TWICE. If he didn't learn the first time that you can't just chuck it up like MJ shooting a fade away, he's not ready.

6 hours ago, The Senator said:

As previously stated, the Cardale Jones trade will come back and bite us in the ass.

A 6'5" 250# physical specimen like him in the 4th round, traded for nothing.  

Nice going, McBeane.

You and your pal Opie McDermott can give my regards to Sheriff Andy, Deputy Barney, Aunt Bea, Floyd the Barber, and Goober Pyle.

Thanks for ripping apart the team - enjoy your 5 wins.

Hey Terry & Kim...tremendous front office management with both franchises - how bout bringing back Darcy, Rex & Rob, and all the other losers you've paraded thru town?

Please...PLEASE... just one winning team before I kick the bucket!!!

Oh, and don't forget Otis the Drunk!

I just hope McD didn't destroy Peterman's confidence. I blame the coaching staff for trying to run a scheme these players are not suited for. 

Let the OL play last 2 seasons blocking scheme. Let Taylor be Taylor , shotgun-scramble-run, unless McD wants to tank. 

Nate had a bad game WRT INT's.  Getting hit twice while throwing and a tipped ball ...  not 100% on Nate. 

Also those piling it on - he's not the first QB to throw 5 INT's in a game. 

So brave Bills fans go ahead and trash a rookie and request a QB that also can't get the job done. 

Nate's failure should not change ones opinion of Tentative Taylor. 

Also  - I heard on the radio that McDermott may start Nate again against KC.  Anyone hear similar. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

25 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Nate had a bad game WRT INT's.  Getting hit twice while throwing and a tipped ball ...  not 100% on Nate. 

Also those piling it on - he's not the first QB to throw 5 INT's in a game. 

So brave Bills fans go ahead and trash a rookie and request a QB that also can't get the job done. 

Nate's failure should not change ones opinion of Tentative Taylor. 

Also  - I heard on the radio that McDermott may start Nate again against KC.  Anyone hear similar. 

I don’t think it changes anyone’s opinion on Taylor. This game just showed that some people’s opinions are very wrong. 

Also I love how peterman gets pressured and throws AWFUL balls that shouldn’t leave his hand it’s becuz he got pressured and it’s not his fault. Taylor faces said pressure, takes the sack, lives the play another day or punt, and it’s always on him. 

You are showing a lot here man. 

And ftr. It wasn’t even a whole game. It was freaking HALF dude. And he was the first to do it since the freaking merger. Don’t try and make it even slightly less horrible than what it was. There’s no saving face. It was AWFUL. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 hour ago, ALF said:

I just hope McD didn't destroy Peterman's confidence. I blame the coaching staff for trying to run a scheme these players are not suited for. 

Let the OL play last 2 seasons blocking scheme. Let Taylor be Taylor , shotgun-scramble-run, unless McD wants to tank. 

If Peterman's confidence can be destroyed in one half of football then he never had any to begin with.  He'll be fine. Whether he ever becomes a viable NFL QB remains to be seen.

31 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I don’t think it changes anyone’s opinion on Taylor. This game just showed that some people’s opinions are very wrong. 

Also I love how peterman gets pressured and throws AWFUL balls that shouldn’t leave his hand it’s becuz he got pressured and it’s not his fault. Taylor faces said pressure, takes the sack, lives the play another day or punt, and it’s always on him. 

You are showing a lot here man. 

And ftr. It wasn’t even a whole game. It was freaking HALF dude. And he was the first to do it since 91. Don’t try and make it even slightly less horrible than what it was. There’s no saving face. It was AWFUL. 

What opinion is it that are you assuming?  SaviorPeterman's?  The guys is full of dodo.   My opinion is that Taylor is done in Buffalo after '17.  

Wanting to see Nate play (and do well) Is that an opinion?  No it is not.  

I had no preconceived notion of how the game would play out.  I only hoped for a Win on the West Coast that normally does not happen. 

What am I showing?  The faithful Taylor fanbase said we should support and root for Tyrod. Should it be any different for Nate?   

I had stated a number of times it was horrible.   But you know what?  I gladly accepted it because I wasn't bored.  

Yes, Nate played a half a game ... so we magically invent what would happen, like people saying the Bills would have won with Taylor? 

How about the Worst Defense in the NFL that gets the blame when Tyrod is in the game.  Or the horrible O-Line?   gotcha.  You'd rather be "right" and say they never should have started Nate. Kudo's to you.  

On to KC. 

26 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

If Peterman's confidence can be destroyed in one half of football then he never had any to begin with.  He'll be fine. Whether he ever becomes a viable NFL QB remains to be seen.

one bad half does not make a career.  :thumbsup: 

Most INT's 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_single_game.htm

Steve DeBerg 7 TAM Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. San Francisco 49ers, September 7, 1986
Ty Detmer 7 DET Detroit Lions vs. Cleveland Browns, September 23, 2001
Ken Stabler+ 7 OAK Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos, October 16, 1977
Joe Namath+ 6 NYJ New York Jets vs. Houston Oilers, October 15, 1967
Vinny Testaverde 6 TAM Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Minnesota Vikings, October 23, 1988
Joe Namath+ 6 NYJ New York Jets vs. Baltimore Colts, October 18, 1970
Bobby Hebert 6 ATL Atlanta Falcons vs. St. Louis Rams, December 15, 1996
Peyton Manning 6 IND Indianapolis Colts vs. San Diego Chargers, November 11, 2007
Brett Favre+ 6 GNB Green Bay Packers vs. St. Louis Rams, January 20, 2002
Joe Ferguson 6 BUF Buffalo Bills vs. Houston Oilers, November 10, 1974
Ryan Fitzpatrick 6 NYJ New York Jets vs. Kansas City Chiefs, September 25, 2016
Jay Schroeder 6 WAS Washington Redskins vs. New York Giants, December 7, 1986
Chris Chandler 6 STL St. Louis Rams vs. Carolina Panthers, December 12, 2004
Heath Shuler 5 WAS Washington Redskins vs. Arizona Cardinals, October 16, 1994
Jay Cutler 5 CHI Chicago Bears vs. San Francisco 49ers, November 12, 2009
Ben Roethlisberger 5 PIT Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, October 8, 2017
Tony Romo 5 DAL Dallas Cowboys vs. Buffalo Bills, October 8, 2007
Joe Flacco 5 BAL Baltimore Ravens vs. Buffalo Bills, September 29, 2013
Ken Stabler+ 5 OAK Oakland Raiders vs. Miami Dolphins, December 10, 1978
Ken Stabler+ 5 OAK Oakland Raiders vs. New York Jets, October 21, 1979
Troy Aikman+ 5 DAL Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants, October 15, 2000
Ken Stabler+ 5 HOU Houston Oilers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, September 7, 1980
Ken Stabler+ 5 HOU Houston Oilers vs. Seattle Seahawks, October 5, 1980
Tony Romo 5 DAL Dallas Cowboys vs. Chicago Bears, October 1, 2012
Brett Favre+ 5 GNB Green Bay Packers vs. Cincinnati Bengals, October 30, 2005
Drew Brees 5 NOR New Orleans Saints vs. Atlanta Falcons, November 29, 201
Edited by ShadyBillsFan

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Wow, almost 1/4 of people responding to the poll think Peterman should start. That's really stunning 

Not too stunning.  A recent study showed that nearly 20% of Americans suffer from some sort of mental illness.  Knowing that, the results of this poll kinda make sense.

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

What opinion is it that are you assuming?  SaviorPeterman's?  The guys is full of dodo.   My opinion is that Taylor is done in Buffalo after '17.  

Wanting to see Nate play (and do well) Is that an opinion?  No it is not.  

I had no preconceived notion of how the game would play out.  I only hoped for a Win on the West Coast that normally does not happen. 

What am I showing?  The faithful Taylor fanbase said we should support and root for Tyrod. Should it be any different for Nate?   

I had stated a number of times it was horrible.   But you know what?  I gladly accepted it because I wasn't bored.  

Yes, Nate played a half a game ... so we magically invent what would happen, like people saying the Bills would have won with Taylor? 

How about the Worst Defense in the NFL that gets the blame when Tyrod is in the game.  Or the horrible O-Line?   gotcha.  You'd rather be "right" and say they never should have started Nate. Kudo's to you.  

On to KC. 

one bad half does not make a career.  :thumbsup: 

Most INT's 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_single_game.htm

Steve DeBerg 7 TAM Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. San Francisco 49ers, September 7, 1986
Ty Detmer 7 DET Detroit Lions vs. Cleveland Browns, September 23, 2001
Ken Stabler+ 7 OAK Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos, October 16, 1977
Joe Namath+ 6 NYJ New York Jets vs. Houston Oilers, October 15, 1967
Vinny Testaverde 6 TAM Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Minnesota Vikings, October 23, 1988
Joe Namath+ 6 NYJ New York Jets vs. Baltimore Colts, October 18, 1970
Bobby Hebert 6 ATL Atlanta Falcons vs. St. Louis Rams, December 15, 1996
Peyton Manning 6 IND Indianapolis Colts vs. San Diego Chargers, November 11, 2007
Brett Favre+ 6 GNB Green Bay Packers vs. St. Louis Rams, January 20, 2002
Joe Ferguson 6 BUF Buffalo Bills vs. Houston Oilers, November 10, 1974
Ryan Fitzpatrick 6 NYJ New York Jets vs. Kansas City Chiefs, September 25, 2016
Jay Schroeder 6 WAS Washington Redskins vs. New York Giants, December 7, 1986
Chris Chandler 6 STL St. Louis Rams vs. Carolina Panthers, December 12, 2004
Heath Shuler 5 WAS Washington Redskins vs. Arizona Cardinals, October 16, 1994
Jay Cutler 5 CHI Chicago Bears vs. San Francisco 49ers, November 12, 2009
Ben Roethlisberger 5 PIT Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, October 8, 2017
Tony Romo 5 DAL Dallas Cowboys vs. Buffalo Bills, October 8, 2007
Joe Flacco 5 BAL Baltimore Ravens vs. Buffalo Bills, September 29, 2013
Ken Stabler+ 5 OAK Oakland Raiders vs. Miami Dolphins, December 10, 1978
Ken Stabler+ 5 OAK Oakland Raiders vs. New York Jets, October 21, 1979
Troy Aikman+ 5 DAL Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants, October 15, 2000
Ken Stabler+ 5 HOU Houston Oilers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, September 7, 1980
Ken Stabler+ 5 HOU Houston Oilers vs. Seattle Seahawks, October 5, 1980
Tony Romo 5 DAL Dallas Cowboys vs. Chicago Bears, October 1, 2012
Brett Favre+ 5 GNB Green Bay Packers vs. Cincinnati Bengals, October 30, 2005
Drew Brees 5 NOR New Orleans Saints vs. Atlanta Falcons, November 29, 201

I didn’t wanna be right at. I sat there and waited with anticipation to watch and see if the rookie had it. 

But it it was an awful move. I said so before hand. I got burned for it on here. 

Then you and others come in here and try to spread out the blame when that was NEVER the case for Taylor. Be consistent dude. The only consistent thing is the double standards. 

• Thank you (+1) 1