Who starts next week: Taylor or Peterman?

SDS

Which QB starts in week 11?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I actually don’t want Tyrod being more aggressive. We don’t have receivers that can reward aggressiveness. If they aren’t open don’t throw them the ball. The scheme is what needs to go. We’re making the same mistake on offense that we made with Rex’s defense.

Ugh. You have to be joking.

1 minute ago, 100DollarBills said:

Get ready to get upset, Peterman is here to start for the remainder of the season. Will be looking at a 1st round QB next year. 

Then why was he pulled at halftime?  Do you think they are going to play that game every week?  

Just now, Luka said:

Tyrod is gonna start but honestly, what difference does it make at this point. He's only good for about 14 points a game and the D is giving up 45.

It doesn't matter, which is exactly why we need to let Peterman play the remainder of the season. Evaluate the results and draft a 1st round QB next year. 

7 minutes ago, phypon said:

Okay, I thought about this one.  You start Peterman.  Why?  Because...draft.  TT is not the long term answer, neither is NP.  I don't think the W/L column changes with either QB at the helm but you may as well start the rook, see what kind of backup he could be.  I know this will not be a popular point of view, but it's the most logical.

uh what?

Maybe TT doesn't beat NE, but he certainly gives you a shot against KC, Indy, Miami(x2). With what Peterman showed today I'm not sure he gives you a shot in any of the remaining games. 

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Then why was he pulled at halftime?  Do you think they are going to play that game every week?  

He was pulled at halftime for damage control for this game. McD will likely have a very long chat with Peterman, but Peterman will remain. I bet you. Why do you think TT has already publically came out and said he will support Peterman if they choose him, because he already knows Peterman will start next week. 

Edited by 100DollarBills

Taylor vs KC & NE.

It becomes a question of who to go w/ against the Colts.  Could see them giving him one more chance against them.  But there's no way they should go w/ Peterman in KC.  That's too tough a place to try for a bounce back.

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I mean, I don’t know what documentation you want to see but I read it. Boyst can probably vouch for me (or maybe Augie) because they met the recipient of the text in Atlanta. I didn’t know this to be the case but saw it late in the game from her brother.

What's so surprising that the OC is influential in the decision as to who is going to start, especially when the HC's background is on the defensive side of the ball. Is Dennison wrong in pointing out that TT has struggled to execute the offense?

There are few positives to be taken from this debacle. One of them is that the ignominious benching did force TT to throw the ball down the field more than he has in his past few games. Another positive take away is that Zay Jones has gotten rid of the jitters and has demonstrated that he can catch the ball. 

While most of the commentary has been about the qbing situation the bigger concern should be over the stunning demise of the defense. I have unequivocally stated since the arrival of this new regime that it is involved in a robust rebuilding endeavor. For those who are skeptical of that view they are not only not carefully watching the games but more importantly not factoring in what is being done to the roster.

The ugly reality is that it is more beneficial from a rebuild standpoint to lose rather than win. The Bills are losing because they lack the talent to seriously compete. This is a multi-year project.  Some people can't handle that reality. I can because there is no other way. 

4 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

He was pulled at halftime for damage control for this game. McD will likely have a very long chat with Peterman, but Peterman will remain. I bet you. 

Yeah makes perfect sense.  You think Peterman is going to drastically improve next week so the same thing doesn't happen?  Maybe you think they can pull this same routine every week.  McD, if he hasn't already, is going to lose the entire locker room with that type of stunt.  You don't get locker rooms back.  "Trust the process" will only go so far with players before they take a dump in their own locker and say FU.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Maybe its time to take a look at Taylor as the future and get some talent around him. The offense improved dramatically when he went in

No sir. In no world could or should Tyrod be the future. Not being funny or anything, but he is much to indecisive and that's just him. 2.5 - 3 years is enough for the T Mobile experience to be over 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Over 83% of the people on this message board thought that it was a good idea to start him. 90% of those people will pretend that they were right.

.giphy_s.gif

I was one of like the 5 people that voted “no” btw. Just so I’m on the record. 

One of the few times I’m sad to be right. But just sayin. 

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

You can’t put Peterman back out there and seriosuly say you’re trying to win games.

We aren't seriously trying to win games now, we haven't for the last 2 weeks. We are in rebuild mode, but you will never hear that from coach. Just get ready for more Peterman until he gets his 1st round QB next year. 

2 minutes ago, Luka said:

Lose 40-3, just don't you dare turn that ball over. Gotta keep those stat lines looking good.

Well he’s won more than he’s lost.... so there’s that. 

But good idea. Just keep using last weeks game as the foundation of the argument. Solid strategy. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

11 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

It doesn't matter, which is exactly why we need to let Peterman play the remainder of the season. Evaluate the results and draft a 1st round QB next year. 

This is where I am.  No chance this team makes the playoffs.

We may not win more than another game or 2, tops, all year.

If you accept that now, it's better to start Peterman, lose, and finish lower for a higher draft pick.

Pretty simple really.

Anyone who thinks Tyrod is going to come back and save this team a playoff berth is out of their mind insane.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Over 83% of the people on this message board thought that it was a good idea to start him. 90% of those people will pretend that they were right.

.giphy_s.gif

This is true. Got scorched for saying it was a bad idea. Turns out it wasnt a bad idea. It was a terrible idea.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

.giphy_s.gif

I stand by that it was a good decision. ESPECIALLY if Dennison called for it. His ass is hanging out for the whole world to see. Can’t just blame Tyrod on his offense now. His system doesn’t work, period. We have our answer.

I wish we had just kept Lynn as head coach. That’s what I wanted all along. Him with Gus Bradley could have built upon what we had.

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I was one of like the 5 people that voted “no” btw. Just so I’m on the record. 

One of the few times I’m sad to be right. But just sayin. 

There’s a lot of football for us to watch and learn. People honestly thought Nate Peterman could transform the franchise!! He may never take another meaningful snap again in his career. I wish someone would ask Blokes his thoughts on the guy. Blokes scouts these guys as much as anyone and HATED him as a prospect (Gunner did too). The guys that saw him the most liked him the least but a bunch of WGR callers that watch 3 dozen preseason snaps and garbage time once decided he’s the future. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

People seriously think Petersen should start again????

Yes, a career is not made in a day.   Brett Favre has had awful games and guys like Fitzpatrick have looked like Marino for a single game.   Hes a rookie, it happens sometimes.

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

You can’t put Peterman back out there and seriosuly say you’re trying to win games.

Sure they can.  In the alternative, how about putting Peterman back out there and not-seriously say you are trying to win games?

Who cares what they say!  Do what is best for the franchise beyond this year, b/c we ain't going anywhere this year.

The only people who will B word are season ticket holders, and most of them go to the games to get drunk/eat/tailgate anyway.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I stand by that it was a good decision. ESPECIALLY if Dennison called for it. His ass is hanging out for the whole world to see. Can’t just blame Tyrod on his offense now. His system doesn’t work, period. We have our answer.

I wish we had just kept Lynn as head coach. That’s what I wanted all along. Him with Gus Bradley could have built upon what we had.

Their defense is better than ours.  They have Phillip Rivers for a QB and prior to today won 3 games man.

Just now, Fadingpain said:

This is where I am.  No chance this team makes the playoffs.

We may not win more than another game or 2, tops, all year.

If you accept that now, it's better to start Peterman, lose, and finish lower for a higher draft pick.

Pretty simple really.

Anyone who thinks Tyrod is going to come back and save this team a playoff berth is out of their mind insane.

It's still a seriously tough sell. I don't beleive they can make the playoffs now. He's lost the locker room with his decsion.

But... the Bills are "still in the hunt". The AFC is baaaaaaddd. An 8-8 team might make that final spot.

Either way, they look stupid. Stupid because they should have made the commit to be bad at the beginning of the year and stupid that they've decided to do it after going 5-2

1 minute ago, Woodman19 said:

Yes, a career is not made in a day.   Brett Favre has had awful games and guys like Fitzpatrick have looked like Marino for a single game.   Hes a rookie, it happens sometimes.

It happens sometimes? What, worst games played in history? WTF??

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I appreciate you sticking by your guns and being in the 10%. It takes a big man to say “I was wrong.” I’m wrong a lot (just not when it comes to the Bills). I tend to be worse at actual life.

Are you messing with me?  I meant "it was a good decision to start Peterman."  :lol:

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

It happens sometimes? What, worst games played in history? WTF??

Duds.  So you think that every time you are going to start Peterman hes going to continue to one up himself and play progressively worse?

Edited by Woodman19

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

.giphy_s.gif

Well personally I thought it was a good idea. Not because it had a great chance of working , but neither did starting Tyrod vs Lynn and co. So trying something was better than being conservative, fearing criticism and doing nothing. NP could get a start in an easy road venue with no crowd and maybe you can get a win. Arrowhead is not a place you could turn to the rook to see if someplays could be made in the passing game and definitely not vs the hoodie. So I still applaud the move because it took more guts than losing to LAC with Tyrod and having nowhere to turn the next few weeks. It wasn't a great chance, but maybe now Tyrod tries to make some throws vs a KC team that is fading by the moment . 

1 minute ago, Luka said:

It's a hot take to say both played like ****? Yea, it's hot alright, a hot steaming pile of ****.

Nope, you can’t backpedal. You thought it was a good decision and it was a disaster. He played the worst half since the merger. Own it, admit that you don’t know what you’re talking about and move on.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Their defense is better than ours.  They have Phillip Rivers for a QB and prior to today won 3 games man.

I don’t blame Lynn for their record. Rivers has made a career out of losing winnable games. You can’t deny he had the offense with Tyrod looking playoff-caliber.