Who starts next week: Taylor or Peterman?

SDS

Which QB starts in week 11?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Are you messing with me?  I meant "it was a good decision to start Peterman."  :lol:

You are in the 10% admitting that you thought it was a good decision. The overwhelming majority will pretend that they hated it even thought they supported it all week. You are owning it. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You are in the 10% admitting that you thought it was a good decision. The overwhelming majority will pretend that they hated it even thought they supported it all week. You are owning it. 

Oh.  True.

I still think it was an okay decision, but that's based on what your season goals are.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Nope, you can’t backpedal. You thought it was a good decision and it was a disaster. He played the worst half since the merger. Own it, admit that you don’t know what you’re talking about and move on.

How about go !@#$ yourself. It was a good decision, Tyrod sucks.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Where's the "it can't get worse" crowd. That was repeated all week. Quoting TT stats.

It just got worse haha.

Even though it is likely a futile act, when you still have a shot at the playoffs you have to go with the guy most likely to get you the win. That clearly isn't Peterman.  It mostly likely will never be Peterman. I don't know what God he worships, but whomever He or She is, they certainly pulled a fast one on Nathan today.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don’t blame Lynn for their record. Rivers has made a career out of losing winnable games. You can’t deny he had the offense with Tyrod looking playoff-caliber.

That doesn't make him a good coach.  Schwartz was a terrible head coach and made our defense look All Pro.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Where's the "it can't get worse" crowd. That was repeated all week. Quoting TT stats.

It just got worse haha.

I’ve always said we need to watch more football. If we understood the landscape we’d have a better perspective. How many actual games of Peterman do you think the people screaming for him had seen him play? On average o/u 1.5? I’m thinking under. That is way too small of a sample size to form an opinion. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, the dude threw 5 picks in a half and you still won’t admit to being wrong!! giphy_s.gif

My thoughts were, play him. If he looks great, maybe you can build around him, if he's only so-so you bring in competition but maybe not sell the farm to do so, if he sucks, time to trade up and get THE guy. So I'm confused how I'm wrong. So again, go !@#$ yourself.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

It just got worse haha.

I didn't think it could get much worse,  but I should have known better. It's the Bills after all. Anyway, the stat sheet looks worse, but I don't know if the scoreboard would have been all that different. The Bills have given up 35+ 3 weeks in a row and counting, and I thought starting Taylor vs Lynn was probably futile. It will be interesting to see if he starts at Arrowhead and can beat a Chiefs team that has played poorly for quite awhile now. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve always said we need to watch more football. If we understood the landscape we’d have a better perspective. How many actual games of Peterman do you think the people screaming for him had seen him play? On average o/u 1.5? I’m thinking under. That is way too small of a sample size to form an opinion. 

I know we talked all preseason about this. There were signs, like he doesn't throw well to his left. That'll have shown on film and they'll have known a lot of his throws were going to the right. 

Hell, there were rumblings that he looked bad in practice. I heard them back in September.

1 minute ago, Luka said:

My thoughts were, play him. If he looks great, maybe you can build around him, if he's only so-so you bring in competition but maybe not sell the farm to do so, if he sucks, time to trade up and get THE guy. So I'm confused how I'm wrong. So again, go !@#$ yourself.

Please see the thread from Scott on cursing. It isn’t welcome on the board (neither are terrible takes).

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I didn't understand why anyone would have been screaming for Peterman to start. I was shocked that McD made the move but that spoke volumes to me of what HE though the chances were with Taylor at QB. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Please see the thread from Scott on cursing. It isn’t welcome on the board (neither are terrible takes).

Awh, you went through my comments in other threads and found where I said it didn't you? You're a clown.

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I didn't understand why anyone would have been screaming for Peterman to start. I was shocked that McD made the move but that spoke volumes to me of what HE though the chances were with Taylor at QB. 

Well when you're about to commit a whole lot of the franchise's future to one position, you should probably know what you've got. A career backup pretending to be a starter and a rookie that, after that performance, is probably more work than he's even worth as a backup. If he executes the offense like the coaching staff thought he could, that's probably a close game even with a couple of those picks. And it's not all bad, you may have lit a fire under Tyrod and he makes himself a more attractive bargaining chip in the offseason. But after today it's safe to say the QB position will be completely different come training camp.

6 minutes ago, Luka said:

Awh, you went through my comments in other threads and found where I said it didn't you? You're a clown.

Well when you're about to commit a whole lot of the franchise's future to one position, you should probably know what you've got. A career backup pretending to be a starter and a rookie that, after that performance, is probably more work than he's even worth as a backup. If he executes the offense like the coaching staff thought he could, that's probably a close game even with a couple of those picks. And it's not all bad, you may have lit a fire under Tyrod and he makes himself a more attractive bargaining chip in the offseason. But after today it's safe to say the QB position will be completely different come training camp.

200w.gif

2 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

If DiMarco catches that first pass we may have had a completely different game. That may have rattled Peterman, and then the next 2 Ints were in the OL.

I think the second was def on Peterman back foot prayer. The first and third was not on him. he earned the 4th. wouls have been a great throw had it not been for thr int... the 5th was I dont wanna play anymore. He earned 3 ints.

8 minutes ago, Luka said:

I agree with that, though I viewed this as more just a chance to win one football game with Tyrod struggling and likely to be contained with Lynns insight into his deficiencies . Especially when McDermott was non commital about the switch being a long term move. It could light a fire under Taylor and the Chiefs continued their free fall today. Maybe he can be a QB and win a game @ KC where I wouldn't even consider starting a rook QB unless injury forced the move. 

2 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

I think the second was def on Peterman back foot prayer. The first and third was not on him. he earned the 4th. wouls have been a great throw had it not been for thr int... the 5th was I dont wanna play anymore. He earned 3 ints.

The colour guys said that the pick on the Thompson looked like a miscommunication. WR cut to the outside. Ball was to the inside.

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I agree with that, though I viewed this as more just a chance to win one football game with Tyrod struggling and likely to be contained with Lynns insight into his deficiencies . Especially when McDermott was non commital about the switch being a long term move. It could light a fire under Taylor and the Chiefs continued their free fall today. Maybe he can be a QB and win a game @ KC where I wouldn't even consider starting a rook QB unless injury forced the move. 

I never thought it was about just one game, I felt like even if we lost today and Peterman was kinda iffy we'd stick with him the rest of the year to give him a fair shot. But not now. I think they've got the answers they were looking for. Even if Tyrod starts the rest of the season he'll be gone. Peterman will probably be in a competition in the offseason for a roster spot of some kind. I think they are going to bet the farm and draft a guy high and clear as much cap space as they can to sign more vets and hope that works out for all the holes they won't be able to fill after trading a lot of picks.

22 minutes ago, Luka said:

Kirby is one of the best posters in here.

Was surprised they made the switch but figured they expected that going against Lynn that Taylor had no chance of winning & that there was some chance (however small) of winning after making the switch.  So, if they really don't expect Taylor to win & want to see Peterman before they are eliminated, this is the game to try him in.  Especially w/ the way the Chargers find ways to lose games they should win.

If Benjamin can stay in the game &/or DiMarco handles that pass, MAYBE it's a different outcome.  But, wow, that was bad.  Really don't understand why they kept him in for the entire 1st 1/2 when it was obvious he was not going to get his head on straight.

11 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

The colour guys said that the pick on the Thompson looked like a miscommunication. WR cut to the outside. Ball was to the inside.

That's what happens when you "throw with anticipation" or "throw a receiver open" that would barely crack a roster on any other team.  No doubt in my mind that would be 100% blamed on Taylor.

59 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

It doesn't matter, which is exactly why we need to let Peterman play the remainder of the season. Evaluate the results and draft a 1st round QB next year. 

Hahaha.....that's like having a starting pitcher hit 3 batters, walk 12 and give up two grand slams....and keep him in the rotation to "evaluate" him.  Jeez oh man....he just showed he's not ready.  It's not his fault but to trot him out onto the field to play QB voluntarily at any point the rest of this season would be criminal.

2 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Did you really just say no harm done?

The Bills had the #6 playoff seed and are in a playoff race. They have now lost it. They got completely spanked and look like fools for making the switch. The rookie QB embarassed himself.

But yea, no harm done.

My friend. We werent on pace for the playoffs anyway. I just havent bought into it. After the Jets game I didnt think we would get in. And after the Saints game I dont think they were worthy. This is who they are. This was no anomaly

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

That's what happens when you "throw with anticipation" or "throw a receiver open" that would barely crack a roster on any other team.  No doubt in my mind that would be 100% blamed on Taylor.

I don't know about that . I thought the 4th down play at the end of the CAR ( for example) game was on Zay Jones and not Tyrod. Some disagreed with me but not everyone would blame Taylor on an apparent miscommunication. I'd be more likely to blame the WR for running the wrong route than a veteran QB. 

1 minute ago, Agent 91 said:

My friend. We werent on pace for the playoffs anyway. I just havent bought into it. After the Jets game I didnt think we would get in. And after the Saints game I dont think they were worthy. This is who they are. This was no anomaly

I agree with that take and that's why I was fine with the switch. The Jets game was the defining moment for me and I didn't think Taylor was good at all when the game still was in doubt. They can always go back to Tyrod and if he's any good he'll beat the struggling Chiefs. There's no way you could start a rook there if Taylor lost today , which I believe he would have. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don't know about that . I thought the 4th down play at the end of the CAR ( for example) game was on Zay Jones and not Tyrod. Some disagreed with me but not everyone would blame Taylor on an apparent miscommunication. I'd be more likely to blame the WR for running the wrong route than a veteran QB. 

Sorry I worded that poorly.  I didn't mean everyone would blame Taylor.  Just his normal detractors.  Just like they blame Taylor for defense and the oline and quarterbacks don't need more than some cast off receivers to do well.

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

He is better than Peterman that's all that matters. Can we not try to dog Taylor after Peterman had a worse showing than EJ in London. 

Jesus, I know you guys hate EJ but if Peterman had the game EJ had in London people would say he should start next week.

It'd be all about how he made a couple of costly mistakes but had the mental toughness to come back and give his team a chance to win.

I don't even know what to think of Peterman other than cut. He's awful. He was supposed to anticipate and be pro ready, read the game, but have a weak arm. The game was way too fast for him. I've seen all I need to.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

1 hour ago, Woodman19 said:

If I am McDermott, you stick with Peterman.  You already made the move and made your bed and you might as well see what you have.  Yes, Peterman had an awful day.  Rookie QB in his first NFL game that had a fluke Int in the first drive and then tried to keep forcing the ball from that point on.  Give him some more reps and see if you can work on his aggressiveness.   Take your extreme,  the QB who won't take risk or the QB who takes too much.

If that's the mindset, why bench him for Taylor then in the 2nd half?  I mean, might as well see what you have?

One thing that earned my respect for Tyrod Taylor is how he had his helmet on at the start of this game. Nate definitely made me appreciate Tyrods play a little bit more. I still wish he would just let the ball rip. I also still think we lose today if he started. This defense has completely fallen apart.

I've been down on his play lately but I'm having second thoughts about him. Crazy thoughts about building around him next year....

Edited by Lfod