Thank You Tyrod

T-Bomb

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

I will jump in here.

I really like Tyrod. He has been very professional and by all accounts a great teammate. Very respectful and respectable. A truly good guy.

You are a class act, sir. Good luck anywhere but here (and MIA, and NYJ, and NE).

Don't want to prematurely end his time in Buffalo, but I am thankful to Tyrod for all he put into this team.  Class act all the way and helped stabilize the position.  I have been a defender, but even I cannot criticize this move.  TT seems chronically unable to get the ball out.  I was screaming in the NO game "throw an interception if you have to for chrissakes - just throw it!" 

Exciting, positive, hard-working player.  Thankful for the thrills and the effort.

I had a lot more respect for him before he went on that (racial) whining tour in the press a couple of weeks ago - coincidentally (?) right before the Bills imploded.

No Tyrod - it's not that you're black - it's that you take way too long (if ever) to throw the ball.  Slowest time to release in the league at one point (haven't seen the latest numbers).

36 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

I will jump in here.

I really like Tyrod. He has been very professional and by all accounts a great teammate. Very respectful and respectable. A truly good guy.

You are a class act, sir. Good luck anywhere but here (and MIA, and NYJ, and NE).

Class act for sure, just a bit off talent-wise for the NFL

I can't criticize the move, and how everyone has pointed out that Taylor has been a stand up guy and a professional about everything up to this point, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Taylor himself decided to take a step back on his own. Especially given how McDermott said in the post game presser that Taylor was gonna be the starter going forward. I don't think Taylor fits Dennison's scheme very well at all. Sunday just got that much more exciting

he sure had the opportunity to be something less than a class act all season

6 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

russell wilson and cam newton both QBs who have been to the Super Bowl might disagree. 

you need to be GREAT as well

3 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

russell wilson and cam newton both QBs who have been to the Super Bowl might disagree. 

they are the exception......most running QB's are not long term successful....

I think Tyrod is a class act.    His is a .500 type QB, he keeps you in games, but does not win games for you.  He could manage a game and he kept turnovers to a minimum, mostly by being very conservative with his throws.  He could make plays with his feet but the new regime was really trying to keep him in the pocket.   He has talent and he is a great teammate. 

His undoing is his accuracy, his vision, and his propensity to wait for a WR to be wide open.  His waiting and waiting for a man to be wide open just does not work in todays NFL.   He took 7 sacks against the Jets (not all his fault).  He failed to find open receivers in the NO game and put our weak and exposed defense on the field with so many 3 and outs.   The blueprint is out and the whole league has it, stack the line and stop the run, keep Tryod in the pocket and make him pass.  

Despite our nice 5-2 I do not see the talent on this team to make the playoff.   I just don't see it.  Maybe management realized we may have a better chance of beating a team like the Chargers with Peterman.   I would not say that if we had KC at KC next up but the Chargers game is a winnable road game.  Maybe Peterman can get us some points and help keep the defense off the field?

If nothing else we get to see what Peterman looks like.   Right have needs first round needs at QB, DL, OL and LB ... maybe Peterman show us we can draft a QB in rounds 2 or 3 instead? 

As much as I hate to say it this is year 1 of a 3 year rebuild. 

I agree with others, he's been a class act here and seems like a great locker room guy but as a QB who need to be able to go through all the progressions and hit your targets and he doesn't do that. It would be awesome if Peterman shows us right off the bat that we can build around him, I'm not expecting it but if it were to happen it would be a great relief and we could use those draft picks as a building block (WR/OL) or (WR/TE), many different scenarios.

2 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

I liked Tyrod, but he just could not deliver the ball to NFL WR's.

It's a shame because he has such great physical tools to work with.

He seems like a good guy, must be a hard day for him.

Classy post!  

Tyrod has been a highly debated topic here, but one thing for sure is that he gave everything to this team and his opportunity.  The players love him in the locker room and he's made a lot of great plays and done a lot for this team during his time here in Buffalo.  

I was a big proponent of bringing him back as he wasn't the reason we missed the playoffs last year, it was the atrocity of a defense that Rex put on the field that was our weakest part.  That being said, Tyrod was never that guy who could or would carry a team, but he is a guy you can win with behind a good D and run game.  At the same time, he still had a lot to prove on the field as a passer and until he did that he was never going to be a long term solution.  He needed to see the field better, use more of it, and get the ball out quicker and with more anticipation.  

The FO made his life a lot harder with the trading of Sammy and putting very little out there for him to throw to.  Then injuries to his more talented guys like Jordan and Clay further impacted it.  However, he showed signs of improvement early that were encouraging when the team as a whole was playing well, especially with the D.  However, once the D collapsed and reverted to 2015/2016 form a few weeks ago, the team no longer had the balance that could put Tyrod in position to win games and his weaknesses became much more of a liability.  While showing some growth in seeing the middle of the field and using more of it, the one area he made no progress in was getting the ball out quicker.  And with an OL thats getting abused, this is a death nail to the offense as the only counter is to get rid of the ball on a quick drop back.  

So, thank you Tyrod for putting all you had into this team and opportunity and being the best QB we have had since Kelly.  Its been a roller coaster, but I have enjoyed the ride and I feel confident you will get another opportunity somewhere to start fresh and compete for a starting position.  And maybe it will be a better situation where you aren't saddled with all the hurdles you were dealt here in Buffalo to give you the best chance at success.  I will cheer for you to succeed, except when you play the Bills.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

While many always tried to divide Tyrod by "haters" vs "lovers", I never subscribed to that nonsense. I always liked the guy, could see the talent was there, but pulled my hair out watching him play overly conservative. He was a great mysterious back up for Flacco all those years, got his shot to be THE GUY, didn't pan out. Now he can go back to being a really solid back up somewhere. Wish him the best....but we must move forward!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

While many always tried to divide Tyrod by "haters" vs "lovers", I never subscribed to that nonsense. I always liked the guy, could see the talent was there, but pulled my hair out watching him play overly conservative. He was a great mysterious back up for Flacco all those years, got his shot to be THE GUY, didn't pan out. Now he can go back to being a really solid back up somewhere. Wish him the best....but we must move forward!!!

Exactly how I and most people felt.  I often got lumped into "TT lover" or "CoT" comments because I would argue against some of the nonsense that was spewed regularly.  But my stance stayed consistent...he was a guy we could win with in a situation where our D was solid and run game prominent.  He was never going to be able to carry a team offensively on his own with the flaws in his game, but could lead us to points and wins on a balanced team, which he has done.  

But, to be a long term solution he was ALWAYS going to have to earn it on the field this year by showing growth in his 3 major weaknesses:  Seeing the middle of the field.  Using the whole field.  And getting the ball out quick with anticipation.  At times this year, it seemed to show flashes of growth in 2 of those areas, but the one area that really never showed any improvement is getting the ball out quick with anticipation.  And with a struggling run game and an OL that started strong and plummeted to pitiful, this was a huge problem.  

I think TT can and should compete somewhere to be a starter in this league once he is done in Buffalo.  If we are being unbiased and honest about his time here then its safe to say he was not put in a good position to succeed.  Between bad coaching, changing OC's, injuries/trades fielding weak group of receivers most games, and a defense that has mostly been at the bottom of the league in every category for about 90% of the games he started.  None of that matters in terms of the areas he was weak, but it also is a lot to over come and deal with for any QB.  

I will be very interested to see where he ends up, and personally I think Denver is going to be highly in play for him to come in and compete for the job.  I doubt he is handed any starting job, but I think he will not be in Buffalo next year and will get a shot to compete somewhere next year.  

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Exactly how I and most people felt.  I often got lumped into "TT lover" or "CoT" comments because I would argue against some of the nonsense that was spewed regularly.  But my stance stayed consistent...he was a guy we could win with in a situation where our D was solid and run game prominent.  He was never going to be able to carry a team offensively on his own with the flaws in his game, but could lead us to points and wins on a balanced team, which he has done.  

But, to be a long term solution he was ALWAYS going to have to earn it on the field this year by showing growth in his 3 major weaknesses:  Seeing the middle of the field.  Using the whole field.  And getting the ball out quick with anticipation.  At times this year, it seemed to show flashes of growth in 2 of those areas, but the one area that really never showed any improvement is getting the ball out quick with anticipation.  And with a struggling run game and an OL that started strong and plummeted to pitiful, this was a huge problem.  

I think TT can and should compete somewhere to be a starter in this league once he is done in Buffalo.  If we are being unbiased and honest about his time here then its safe to say he was not put in a good position to succeed.  Between bad coaching, changing OC's, injuries/trades fielding weak group of receivers most games, and a defense that has mostly been at the bottom of the league in every category for about 90% of the games he started.  None of that matters in terms of the areas he was weak, but it also is a lot to over come and deal with for any QB.  

I will be very interested to see where he ends up, and personally I think Denver is going to be highly in play for him to come in and compete for the job.  I doubt he is handed any starting job, but I think he will not be in Buffalo next year and will get a shot to compete somewhere next year.  

I would agree with Denver except I wonder if Elway is tired of trying to squeeze by with this formula of dominant D, running game, and game manager QB. He struck gold and won it all but that formula hasn't worked for the same team to win it all 2X...maybe ever? My money would be on them making a move to get a potential franchise guy this draft. Meanwhile, I'm dreaming of us not having to play that game knowing we already have him!!! No clue if that's the case but so happy we can find out.

Edited by ProcessTheTrust

1 minute ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I would agree with Denver except I wonder if Elway is tired of trying to squeeze by with this formula of dominant D, running game, and game manager QB. He struck gold and won it all but that formula hasn't worked for the same team to win it all 2X...maybe ever? My money would be on them making a move to get a potential franchise guy this draft. Meanwhile, I'm dreaming of us not having to play that game knowing we already have him!!! No clue if that's the case but so happy we can find out.

Yeah, I can definitely see Denver drafting a guy, but I think they will bring Tyrod in still to compete with what ever rookie and internally hoping Tyrod can at least be effective for a season so they can let the rookie sit and develop.  Elway is a QB, and an old school one too...I think he sees value in bringing one along slowly and would prefer someone like TT to keep the team competitive while they develop the kid to hopefully take over at a later date.  

There are some other teams that could be in the market for TT, but I think Denver has a good enough team to win now and TT would be an upgrade over the train wreck of a QB situation they currently have.  But yes, still expect them to draft someone as well, probably even high in the draft.

Thanks Tyrod.  You made some runs only 1 other QB in history could’ve made.  I appreciate your hard work and respect you as a competitor.  My advice to you:  take more chances and let it rip, especially on 3rd down.  No more throwing 7 yards short of the stick. I wish you success in the future, just not against the Bills or playing for an AFC team.

I wish for him nothing but the best. But who knows, they might bring him back in depending on how Peterman does. Let's assume we part ways with TT though:

A real class act and great personal story. I have tremendous respect for him and I don't even know the man personally. He wasn't the first QB to be told he was too small, and he still managed to make enough waves in the NFL to give us something we've all been holding onto: hope. Regardless of how you feel about his ability/play, as a QB he hasn't changed the organization, but he did give us chances. 

The only thing that will make this truly depressing is when NE picks him up in the offseason after we let him go. 

Edited by ctk232

3 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Don't want to prematurely end his time in Buffalo, but I am thankful to Tyrod for all he put into this team.  Class act all the way and helped stabilize the position.  I have been a defender, but even I cannot criticize this move.  TT seems chronically unable to get the ball out.  I was screaming in the NO game "throw an interception if you have to for chrissakes - just throw it!" 

Exciting, positive, hard-working player.  Thankful for the thrills and the effort.

I agree with you 100%! First and foremost, as you state first, he might not be done in Buffalo just yet! It depends on how Peterman pans out! Just like I wished TT lit it up, I wish the same for Peterman but let's wait till he plays shall we?

Just like you I wished he would have gone for it and throw some contested balls to WR when behind on the scoreboard. I looooooooved his protecting the ball in close games or while ahead, and even the "haters" will soon realize how great he was at that, but when behind, WTH! It's like his TD-Int ratio stats mattered more than winning, and that's inexcusable. Throw it! So  he didn't throw INTs... yet he threw away his starter status.

He sure gave us some thrilling moments, more than any QB since Flutie,  but his lack of improving and conservatism did him in. But again, we might see him again if Peterman fails. So in essence, I wish the Bills made the right switch. With so much $$$ due to TT in 2018, he had to show without the shadow of a doubt he was THE man, and he didn't. So he might have be gone anyway. Much better for the team to see what NP has got!

The one thing I dislike, is reading "TT wasn't a good fit in a "Dennison offense". Grrrr. The coaches have to adapt to the players they have dammit! 

I love me some Tyrod Taylor, but this is clearly the right move for the franchise.  Hats off to McBeane for having the sack to make this move.

He certainly is a class act, and I think he still has a solid career ahead of him (although likely as a placeholder or a backup).  

I make it a point to bring my son (7 years old) to at least one training camp session each year.  Not this past summer but the one before, I brought him to an afternoon session.  Every year he has gotten at least a few autographs.  Well this time when the horn sounded to end practice, the whole team ran up the tunnel and to the locker room.  The only player who stayed to sign autographs was Tyrod.  There were probably 150 people there waiting for an autograph, and he stayed until each and every one of those people got an autograph, a hand shake, a picture...whatever.  He even ran over to mid-field to grab his gloves out of his helmet, and gave them to a disabled young man who was patiently waiting in his wheel chair.  

He earned my unconditional respect on that day.  I wish him the best.

• Sad 1