What is "dilly dilly"?

BILLiever55

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like something youd hear from a guy who brings a 6 pack of his own beer to a party to drink. With a receipt, of course, to prove that his 16.99 worth of over-hopped IPA a bold showing from an emerging brewery with notes of coriander is vastly superior to your 18 pack of the same price.

sounds like something you'd hear from a guy who is, for some reason, butt hurt over people judging him for drinking schwill?

Some of us prefer taste/variation/experimentation in what we choose to drink, while also not caring if you choose to drink schwill

sounds like something you'd hear from a guy who is, for some reason, butt hurt over people judging him for drinking schwill?

Some of us prefer taste/variation/experimentation in what we choose to drink, while also not caring if you choose to drink schwill

Way to prove you dont care... by caring. And calling others butt hurt really shows your cards.

Way to prove you dont care... by caring. And calling others butt hurt really shows your cards.

I do care, I absolutely care. Just not about what YOU are drinking...if you wanna drink schwill, god bless you. Which was what my post was about.

I care about what I drink. I love craft beer. I work in the industry. I am around it day in and day out. I have never met someone who rubs their craft beer love in others faces, I am sure they exist though. They suck just as much as someone who hates on people who have a passion for consuming delicious and different tasting beer.

I agree. So, metaphorically the drones of corporate America are applauded for their groupthink and the fella who shows some deviation from easy consumer blandness is ostracized.

Whenever I hear dilly dilly, I think someone is identifying themselves as an idiot.

Think of the dilly dilly wine micro brew guy going to the pit of misery as...... a beer martyr. or micro martyr or wine martyr.

I agree on dilly dilly use. It seems to identify the user as a low IQ back in the day court jester type. https://i.giphy.com/media/26n79z2k04VqTSv7i/giphy.gif

I do care, I absolutely care. Just not about what YOU are drinking...if you wanna drink schwill, god bless you. Which was what my post was about.

I care about what I drink. I love craft beer. I work in the industry. I am around it day in and day out. I have never met someone who rubs their craft beer love in others faces, I am sure they exist though. They suck just as much as someone who hates on people who have a passion for consuming delicious and different tasting beer.

I agree. I am no longer a big beer drinker but I love all the variety in craft beers and get the samplers platter every time I visit a micro brew place. Awesome marketing.

Edited by cba fan

Comes from a bad commercial for bud where they take swipes at craft beer. Meanwhile AB-inbev has been busy acquiring many craft breweries recently. So the recent popularity of the annoying phrase comes from a ****ty, hypocritical TV ad.

you know Anheuser Busch is now owned by some money grubbing elitist card carrying commie.

Adolphus is roiling in his grave. They might even own Corona by now. How Un American

i will never say dilly dilly

Goofy made up thing for a beer commercial.

Effectively meaning "Hear, Hear!"

A long time ago when you agreed on something you said "here here"

Dilly Dilly is just a Silly Silly take on this.

Actually you said "hear, hear" but reading TSW a lot, you might think otherwise.

pats-dildo-1200x630.jpg

Dilly Dilly?

Not that's, Dildy Dildy!

Dilly dilly?

Since we're on a marketing tangent, can I throw out this work from Dew* - I love it, Dewey Ryder baby! :worthy:

(* full disclosure, I do work with them, but not on this project)

Lol. That was one looooooong commercial spot. I mean like SNL tooooo long skit level ****.