Shady is ridiculous

YoloinOhio

i dont see any arguing

that is what he does that is so unique.

Not arguing you are right. But nitpicking, i guess? I dont know the guy is probably the best running back in the NFL over the past 10 years i just cant quite understand the criticisms.

Not arguing you are right. But nitpicking, i guess? I dont know the guy is probably the best running back in the NFL over the past 10 years i just cant quite understand the criticisms.

I think I started it and it really was a minor criticism of showboating 10 yards from a TD. Not a big deal any way you look at it. He's awesome.

If he plays for another 4-5 years he is absolutely a HoF back.

I've been saying it since we traded for him. He is a legit HoF running back.

Will probably retire with around 12000+ Running yards, 100 total TDs. 4000 receiving yards

He doesn't take many big hits and always shows up to play on Sunday's. He is his own biggest critic

I don't see it unless he hangs around as a backup for a while. He's still got it now, but he's a speed guy with a lot of miles who's pushing 30 and is on pace for 400 touches this year.

RBs, particularly those that rely on elite speed and agility, tend to hit a wall around 30, especially when they've seen a lot of carries.

I'd love to see him beat the odds, but I'd be surprised if he's got more than a year left as a top RB.

Until this game I really thought Shady wasnt the player he was the past 2 years. Still good of course but just not elite.

But this game in my opinion was by far his best and showed why he is still oen of the best RBS in the league

Edited by billsfan11

I don't see it unless he hangs around as a backup for a while. He's still got it now, but he's a speed guy with a lot of miles who's pushing 30 and is on pace for 400 touches this year.

RBs, particularly those that rely on elite speed and agility, tend to hit a wall around 30, especially when they've seen a lot of carries.

I'd love to see him beat the odds, but I'd be surprised if he's got more than a year left as a top RB.

He's pretty smart though. I worry he's going to get hurt but he doesn't take a lot of bad hits. He goes down when he knows he's going to be tackled. Tyrod, too, for that matter. A lot of backs that get worn down after 4-5 years just try to get every yard and their bodies get abused and then they can't do what they did before.

Plus the average shelf life of running backs is a distorted stat. A lot of RBs come out of nowhere and beat out veteran guys. It's a position where you save money on having two young or nobody backups.

I think I started it and it really was a minor criticism of showboating 10 yards from a TD. Not a big deal any way you look at it. He's awesome.

For sure. He certainly has swag and that isnt everyones thing. As long as he keeps running like this though Im okay with pretty much anything

He is not your typical 29 year old back

He doesn't take big hits and has way more left in the tank than you believe.

He isn't a speed back , he is elusive and that is innate . He will still be very good at 31,32, I'd be willing to bet. His style is very efficient, his body doesn't take much abuse compared to other backs like AP

I love Eric Moulds, but McCoy has had a much greater impact on the game. It's not even close.

Eric Moulds would've been a sure-fire HOF'er if not for the teams he played on. He put up 10,000 yards receiving, tons of receptions & 50 TD's when he had to play with some of the crappiest QB's in the league. He played under what, a dozen starting QB's minimum, and however many offensive coordinators, yet still put up those numbers?

McCoy has had a much better supporting cast but has never been DOMINANT except for a single year. He's not a HOF'er unless he puts up a few more GREAT seasons. His stats don't separate him from many others, nor does his body of work on the field outside of pure stats.

No one holds a loaf of bread like a football player holds a football when he is holding it like a loaf of bread. Never happens. You never see a shopper holding a loaf of bread in one hand, squeezing it, with their arm extended out. Ever. ;)

he uses it for balance i might presume

The most impressive part by far is how much the D has to focus on him due to our lack of other weapons. Its not like hes one of many. Hes the guy and everyone knows it and he still manages to make defenses look stupid.

Its amazing. When we first traded for him my gut was he wouldnt last long. Hes doing a ton and doing it without a ton of help.

Offensive player of the week Award from MMQB

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/30/houston-texans-seattle-seahawks-russell-wilson-deshaun-watson-mmqb

OFFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK

LeSean McCoy, running back, Buffalo. McCoy reminded me of Emmitt Smith in the 34-14 rout of the Raiders. Not just because of his 151-yard day. If you recall when Smith was at his best, he was great in so many second halves. Jimmy Johnson would use him to bleed the clock in win after win after win. And it was McCoy, with 19 carries for 120 yards (including a 48-yard insurance TD run) in the second half alone, helping the Bills to a 35:37 time of possession and a dominant win. The Raiders knew McCoy was coming, play after play after play, and just couldnt stop him. Dont look now, but Buffalo is 5-2 and just a half-game behind the Patriots in the AFC East.

I remember when that trade happened a lot of fans were very upset. Ill give Whaley and company credit for making a trade that they knew would be under a lot of scrutiny.

An all pro RB for a undersized linebacker?

Sign me up everyday and twice on Sunday's

I remember when that trade happened a lot of fans were very upset. Ill give Whaley and company credit for making a trade that they knew would be under a lot of scrutiny.

Not sure why. Kiko missed the entire previous season and the defense didn't miss a beat.

An all pro RB for a undersized linebacker?

Sign me up everyday and twice on Sunday's

Yup. And I'd still rather have him than Watkins, despite the age difference.

expect to see another big game vs the jets and on these next few games. saints have a poor run defense, as do the chiefs, chargers are second worst in league, even new england is down in the 20s. I expect this run offense to really get going and that will be fun to watch.

Not sure why. Kiko missed the entire previous season and the defense didn't miss a beat.

Yup. And I'd still rather have him than Watkins, despite the age difference.

People always bring up the fact that shady is 29...

He is a super young 29 year old back that doesn't take a beating like AP or Frank Gore.

He can easily play at a high level until he is 34-35 if he wants. He is all about his vision and elusiveness and that is innate in football . Your don't lose that with age. He will be making guys look silly for the foreseeable future

Unsung hero on that play: Vlad Ducasse. Vlad the Impaler pulls across and seals that hole, letting McCoy through.

maybe he is better than miller

Blasphemous. I've read multiple threads proclaiming Vlad to be a waste of space and belittling McD for benching Miller. The fans on a message board can't be wrong, can they?