Buffalo Broncos?

Marv Levy

Watching the game on CBS, there were hundreds of fans wearing Bronco jerseys and shirts at New Era. Was there really that many fans coming to the game from Colorado or were most of those "fans" really WNY residents jumping on the bandwagon because DENVER actually won SuperBowls and are a good team? Me thinks the latter. What say you?

GO BILLS!

Watching the game on CBS, there were hundreds of fans wearing Bronco jerseys and shirts at New Era. Was there really that many fans coming to the game from Colorado or were most of those "fans" really WNY residents jumping on the bandwagon because DENVER actually won SuperBowls and are a good team? Me thinks the latter. What say you?

GO BILLS!

I wanted to mention this in another post but simply let it slip my mind. I saw a lot of orange in the stands.

there were lots of broncos fans there, the ones that sat in front of me said they were from the part of Canada near Maine. Then there was a dad whos kid was a bronco fan next to me, kid was wearing a bronco jersey, dad was not. But I usually have away fans all around me as I sit in section 107.

So basically it seemed to be a combo of things.

Yes, the Bronco's have a pretty big National following plus Buffalo draws a lot of Canadian NFL fans.

Since the Bills have not given the younger Canadian fans any reason to be Bills fans, many of them come to the stadium as NFL fans and root for the visitors. I have experienced this when Dallas or New England comes to town.

Yes, the Bronco's have a pretty big National following plus Buffalo draws a lot of Canadian NFL fans.

Since the Bills have not given the younger Canadian fans any reason to be Bills fans, many of them come to the stadium as NFL fans and root for the visitors. I have experienced this when Dallas or New England comes to town.

Yup. Going back across the Fort Erie border after the game, there were dozens of cars with Ont. plates and Broncos gear

There were many orange jerseys down low on the visitors side, so maybe on TV it looked like there were more than there were. It seemed about the usual amount for a successful team with a national following.

The best part was when a Sheriff was hauling a Broncos fan out of the stadium. At the top of the aisle, the fan threw down his drink and it splashed all over. The Sherriff yelled "Now you're going to jail" and wrestled him to the ground in the tunnel leading into the concourse. His girl was screaming and crying to let her man go. This was shortly after White's interception. Made for a good day.

As someone who has been going to games for 30+ years, has lived in Colorado for 15 years and was at that game, I can tell you that a) yes, there were a good 3-4,000 Broncos fans at that game and b) the vast, vast majority of them were Canadians who simply pick a favorite NFL team. It happens anytime the Bills host a semi-high profile team like the Packers or the Raiders or the Patriots- "hey when did you get in from Wisconsin?" "Oh actually I'm from Mississauga but the Packers have always been my team..." In fact, the same thing happens at Sabres games. Canadians randomly pick teams in American sports. I have a buddy in Denver from Toronto who is a diehard White Sox fan. That's just what they do.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

There's always a lot of opposing fans here--we live very close to Canada, and there's probably 10 million football fans within driving distance--all of them follow different teams.

It shouldn't surprise anyone when 20k or so wander down here for cheap entertainment.

Also factor in that the team is on a down-swing.... many/most are expecting not to compete this season, making the secondary market really cheap.... and the primary market was probably possible to get blocks of seats together. If the team was better, tickets would be much more and local Bills fans would likely be motivated to attend. Pittsburgh typically always finds their way in though.

there were lots of broncos fans there, the ones that sat in front of me said they were from the part of Canada near Maine. Then there was a dad whos kid was a bronco fan next to me, kid was wearing a bronco jersey, dad was not. But I usually have away fans all around me as I sit in section 107.

So basically it seemed to be a combo of things.

I sit in 107 also. I sat next to Canadian Bronco fans on row 26.

nothing worse than Canadian dolphins fans

Amen to that.

Back when Marino was playing, his name was on every 'Fins jersey of those Canadian fans. A good many were there just to have fun, but it also seemed like a healthy percentage wanted to cause trouble and bang heads with Bills fans.

It was embarrassing.

Lulz, why?

Amen to that.

Back when Marino was playing, his name was on every 'Fins jersey of those Canadian fans. A good many were there just to have fun, but it also seemed like a healthy percentage wanted to cause trouble and bang heads with Bills fans.

And more recently we had a group of hammered 50ish year-old Canadian Pats fans try to start up with us a few seasons ago. And my group is probably one of the most low-key, non-threatening rows in the stadium.

I hate to generalize but they hop on the bus up there and are a mess by the time they get to the lot. Couple that with the im in a different country so I cant really get in trouble mentality, and its a bad recipe.

Not all are like this, have had far more positive experiences than negative with Canadian Bills fans. The bandwagon visitors though, different story.

GO BILLS!

I pointed this out in the game day thread.

It was mostly way down low behind the Denver bench; a lot of orange.

Who they were, I have no idea.

Fans will travel from all over to see the BILLS. I traveled in from Michigan, when I was in Santa Fe I travel to Denver, Dallas, Green Bay, and Phoenix. So I am sure Denver Fans would do the same. The lady fan that sat by me came in from Virginia SO other teams have crazy fans too. Maybe not as faithful and crazy as ours.

GO BILLS!

Lots from Canada,my boss bought my tickets.

It was nice to stay home in the air conditioning ;)

It was his first game ever and he said he had a great time and Bills fans were nice to him.

His friend is a huge Bucs fan so he bought those ones too and he (my Boss)is going to cheer for the Bills

BTW he lost his bet with me too:)

Lulz, why?

And more recently we had a group of hammered 50ish year-old Canadian Pats fans try to start up with us a few seasons ago. And my group is probably one of the most low-key, non-threatening rows in the stadium.

I hate to generalize but they hop on the bus up there and are a mess by the time they get to the lot. Couple that with the im in a different country so I cant really get in trouble mentality, and its a bad recipe.

Not all are like this, have had far more positive experiences than negative with Canadian Bills fans. The bandwagon visitors though, different story.

Those party bus guys are generally a disgrace to our country :(

They just want to get as shitfaced as possible.

Bunch of damn Canadians who come every home game n root for the opposing team

Lots of Canadians. They just pick hot teams up there and run with it til the next hot team comes along.

Yeah I'm ashamed to admit there are a lot of cuck-sucking band-wagoning back-stabbing Canuck fans who follow a team just coz they "won championships". I know of many skirt-wearing Rodak boyfriend Torontonian backstabbers who are supporters of Celtics, Red Sox, and Pats.

Edited by CanadianFan

Yeah I'm ashamed to admit there are a lot of cuck-sucking band-wagoning back-stabbing Canuck fans who follow a team just coz they "won championships".

Dont be ashamed, budday, that sorta thing goes on everywhere. We just see it highly concentrated due to proximity.

The way I look at it, they come here and spend outside money. Always a good thing.