What if we still had Hogan & Gillislee?

BBills14

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Hogan was here we used him as a chain mover, a guy in the slot that could get open and find the soft spots in zone. He wasn't very good at it, not sure handed and frequently not being able to find the 1st down marker.

He goes to NE and they used him as a deep threat, it worked for them. Me thinks that we misused him while he was here so it's a moot point to compare team scenarios.

Gilleslee could have helped this team against the Panthers, he's very good when Shady was out.

We will still loose

a thread like this makes me loose my mind.

on another note:

"if" is the biggest two letter word in the dictionary. folks need to realize that those players that are gone and those that will be gone this upcoming off season are part of beanes plan in the direction he wants to take/build this team. they, along with the others are not part of the plan. the sooner you understand that the better off you'll be.

not understanding that is just a case of denial and constantly complaining about the moves will not change that plan.

Would be our #1 and is a #1 are two different discussions in this case

Hogan would never be either so it doesnt matter.

And to answer OPs question, we would be in the same spot we are not with both Hogan and MG still on the roster. Lets not be foolish.

Edited by Bangarang

Hogan would never be either so it doesnt matter.

I agree he doesn't deserve to be a #1

If we tendered him better he's also likely still gone now

I think week one of 2017 if he were a bill he'd potentially be above the rookie and the late addition that didn't practice much and isn't a real #1 either though. Long term, who knows. And I'm no hogan lover.

I think week one of 2017 if he were a bill he'd potentially be above the rookie and the late addition that didn't practice much and isn't a real #1 either though. Long term, who knows. And I'm no hogan lover.

This.

Hes a good #3 guy. Thats about it.

They do not effect the outcome of the game. The only player that was let go that an argument could be made we are better with would be Watkins. Over the past few seasons Buffalo's offense has been just as productive with and without him. Even with LA he has had 1 good game and is hurt.

Mathews put up better numbers without having Tom Brady as his qb.

Brady has enough decent options to spread the ball around. Matthews was the only decent WR for eagles last year

with his cigarette butt perhaps?

I do.

we are screwed till Reilly is brought up

I actually really wanna see that. I wanna see them try anything at this point to get the WRs involved more.