Bills working out punters

YoloinOhio

I hope he isn't just a conservative defensive coach.

And truth be told, I liked the playcall on that 4th down play. They just got stuffed.

Yep, it was the right decision and a good playcall. Carolina just made a great stop.

Makes sense. Schmidt didn't kick too well yesterday.

I thought he was great...averaged 50 yards a punt, with a 45 yard net, on 6 punts.

I have to believe, perhaps, he is dinged up...it wouldn't make a lot of sense to dump him too...unless they are afraid they will have a hard time re-signing at a later date! :)

So many jokes so little time

@tesslersports

Punter Matt Darr just had a great workout w/the Buffalo Bills. Had a 46-yard career avg before his surprise release from the Miami Dolphins.

I think Sean is confused..........it was his decision to change punt RETURNERS that nearly blew up in his face yesterday.

Not sure what games you're watching but he has been very inconsistent. Week 1 I think he averaged 36 yards. Yesterday he had a great game. Last year he had some horrible games and cost us valuable field position.

Vomits over self. Filed position is the least of my worries, it is such an antiquated argument.

You only have to win field position when you have a bad team. Flipping the field doesn't mean a damn if you have an offense that cant move the ball.

Vomits over self. Filed position is the least of my worries, it is such an antiquated argument.

You only have to win field position when you have a bad team. Flipping the field doesn't mean a damn if you have an offense that cant move the ball.

Ummmm....

If your offense can't move the ball, flipping the field is huge. I think you have it reversed here.

I hope he isn't just a conservative defensive coach.

And truth be told, I liked the playcall on that 4th down play. They just got stuffed.

I thought it was a good play call too. The Panthers just stopped them.

The previous play, drove me nuts.

How is field position an antiquated argument?? That makes no sense to say that field position doesn't matter. There literally would never be a situation when you would rather give your opponent the ball at their own 30 instead of their own 20. Why would we not upgrade the punter if we can do so for essentially the same cost?

Edited by Cheektavegas Charlie

Ummmm....

If your offense can't move the ball, flipping the field is huge. I think you have it reversed here.

So you pin them down at the 5. they get three-5 yards punt, your offense goes three and out.

Repeat,repeat.

how does flipping the field work out?

you get the game you saw yesterday.

Mc Derpunt ? :lol:

McKickitt maybe? Any drive that ends in a kick seems to thrill him.

The unbridled joy of McDermott sending Hauschka out to attempt a long field goal(which he luckily doinked in off the upright) after they finally saw the other side of the field with a decent drive was kinda' bizarre.........but not new for those of us in this fanbase that can remember back 8-10 years ago.

Gotta' play to win on the road........playing not to lose........you usually lose.

So you pin them down at the 5. they get three-5 yards punt, your offense goes three and out.

Repeat,repeat.

how does flipping the field work out?

you get the game you saw yesterday.

You stay within 6 points?

You give yourself a chance for a long FG?

What point are you trying to make?

You stay within 6 points?

You give yourself a chance for a long FG?

What point are you trying to make?

That field position doesn't matter if you have a bad team?

We only stayed within 6 pints because Newton was as bad as Taylor yesterday and Rivera tried to blow the game yesterday with that FG.

Edited by CountDorkula

That field position doesn't matter if you have a bad team?

We only stayed within 6 pints because Newton was as bad as Taylor yesterday and Rivera tried to blow the game yesterday with that FG.

If the Panthers had better field position on some of those FG drives, they could have been touchdowns. I can't believe you're trying to argue that field position doesn't matter. It may not be the most important thing in a game, but to say it doesn't matter is ludicrous.

I expected us to look for Schmidt replacement during the offseason... he was bad this year but has been kicking it pretty well this year. Seems odd aftet one of his better games

Typical MO with this team, look to fix a problem where there isn't one.

But at least the coaching staff and front office realizes we are going to be punting a lot so have to load up ST players similar to the Dick 'The Stiff' Jauron days.

If the Panthers had better field position on some of those FG drives, they could have been touchdowns. I can't believe you're trying to argue that field position doesn't matter. It may not be the most important thing in a game, but to say it doesn't matter is ludicrous.

Next week the only thing we win is the field position battle you can put another 1 in the L column.