If Marone cuts Bortles...

T-Bomb

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give credit to Marrone, he was apparently one of the very first top throw in the EJ Towel, I would trust he can evaluate a QB.

Isn't it part of the HC's job to develop a QB....not to have someone go from bad to worse? Credit to Marrone? OK

Why does everyone want the Bills to look at every player that hits the scrap heap. Especially from a worse team

the grass is most likely infinitely greener on the Other side of the septic tank.

Jags should trade for E.J. His completion percentage to their receivers was off-the-charts.

maybe trade for their receivers then

If Marone cuts Bortles, I hope he gets medical attention quickly and doesn't bleed too much.

keep in mind blood borne pathogen safety. It's no joke.

Why would you start a topic with this?

I've wasted 30 seconds now..........

We'd be better running out Boyst or Gugny at QB than Bortles. Stop with this NONSENSE on TBD!

so theres a chance ?

i mean Boyst or Gugny?

Does Gugny come of ped suspension in time to acclimate himself to the new Offense? Without Boldin even ?

Go Bills !

I have to say it's absolutely stunning that Nate Hacket is the OC. As the QB coach for Bortles is in early years you would think some of the blame would fall on him. Instead he gets promoted.

Lil Nate Hackett

QB whisperer

The Jags don't have the best QB grooming system in the league. It's no great secret. I'm sure Marrone's treatment of EJ only cements this.

There will be a team with a solid QB coaching staff who will sign him. They'll assess whether he is damaged goods or can be saved.

I'm seeing Denver a possibility. Even Cleveland with Hue Jackson. I wouldn't sleep on the Cowboys making a run on him and letting him learn for a year backing up Dak.

Edited by dezertbill

..do the Bills pick him up?

Is this a real question? Why would we sign him? He is awful...literal worst mechanics of any starting QB in the NFL and worse than most backups. Not to mention, all reports suggest he doesn't put the time and work in to get better and more enjoys his night life than his NFL career.

This guy will be out of the league within a couple years.

Isn't it part of the HC's job to develop a QB....not to have someone go from bad to worse? Credit to Marrone? OK

To some extent, you think a reincarnation of Vince Lombardi could touch TJ Yates into a franchise QB, no.

Bortles ALWAYS choked in big moments, he was notorious for throwing turnovers late in games, Marrone had nothing to do with that. Marrone is riding him because Bortles is not putting in the time and effort, Marrone cant force him to try and improve, now Bortles is losing his confidence because of the big meanie Doug Marrone, boo hoo. Reminds me of a bigger JP Losman.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

I don't think that Bortles is that good, but Marrone and Hackett should never be let anywhere near a young QB unless that quarterback is being punished for something. .

....huh?....Marrone?...he WAS the Saints OC and must have had something to do with Brees being prolific, right?...............

C'mon gang, it's all about the tank! Let's get Bortles at QB, trade McCoy, sign Reggie Bush and go for the lowest depths that we possibly can! Entertaining football in 2017? Hell no! Let's blow another year of our sad lives as Buffalo Bills football fans watching a crap-tastic on field product!

C'mon gang, it's all about the tank! Let's get Bortles at QB, trade McCoy, sign Reggie Bush and go for the lowest depths that we possibly can! Entertaining football in 2017? Hell no! Let's blow another year of our sad lives as Buffalo Bills football fans watching a crap-tastic on field product!

...why did you leave out Percy Harvin in your nostalgic 2017 hirings?.....and Marv has four brand new Pirelli P-Zeros as well......go "all in".....

Guest NeckBeard

..do the Bills pick him up?

Yes, let's run the EJ cycle again. By all means let the Bills pick him up.

No, no, and no. If TT can't hang this year, or if he can hang even so, draft a QB next year. Then, if that QB doesn't pan out in a couple of years? Draft another one. One way to stop this cycle of suck at the position is to draft more guys at the position, and to not make the attempt to retread formerly failed players like Bortles.

Guest NeckBeard

I never said pick him up to be the starter, my goodness...

Is he better than Yates?

I'm not actually sure what Bortles is worth, to be completely frank. He seems like a bad QB to me now, like real, real bad. The Bills need to stop hoping on guys like Nall or Brohm or Bledsoe, take the lumps that are required, and find a QB. Bringing in Bortles and doing a lot of tire kicking does nothing for this franchise.

Why not bring him in? If Tyrod sucks as bad as everyone here thinks and they are tanking the season like everyone here thinks, if he isn't going to cost them any more then money, bring him in if cut and see if a change of scenery might help him. He was an early pick for a reason. It doesn't stop them from drafting anyone next year if he sucks.

Why not bring him in? If Tyrod sucks as bad as everyone here thinks and they are tanking the season like everyone here thinks, if he isn't going to cost them any more then money, bring him in if cut and see if a change of scenery might help him. He was an early pick for a reason. It doesn't stop them from drafting anyone next year if he sucks.

If winning the #1 pick is the goal, Bortles is your guy.

. He was an early round pick because teams get completely irrational about drafting QBs

He said Bortles. Not Geno Smith

No love for EJ Manuel? Oh wait, Whaley told us he was the best back-up in the NFL.

If winning the #1 pick is the goal, Bortles is your guy.

Git R' Done McBeane

I'm not saying I do, I don't know much about him other than a lot of ppl picking on him lately.

Is he better than Yates?

Hmmm tough call , but I think Peterman is better then both of them

Why would you want Bortles? He looks terrible.

Serious answer for me would be....he played under Marrone the last two years who has not shown he is good with developing QBs, but, is more interested in them game managing. He is probably better than he has looked. How much better with some development? Depending on how many QBs we have on the roster? I would be fine with Tyrod, Peterman, and Bortles. I think Bortles has more upside than Yates.

T-Bomb - have you watched him play? He's an interception machine. He's. not a starter. He'd be lucky to be a 3rd QB

No I have not. I do know that he's put down an awful lot. I even saw a headline on the CNN.com website about him being a bust. It seems guys like him get at least one second chance/scenery change.

No I have not. I do know that he's put down an awful lot. I even saw a headline on the CNN.com website about him being a bust. It seems guys like him get at least one second chance/scenery change.

You started a thread about a worthless QB, of whom you haven't SEEN?

TBD continues its decline........