I'm getting sick at the calls

It's preseason. Ok. But I just tuned in for about 10 minutes of the game. Starting with the offensive pass interference on our tight end. Even the Philly announcers thought that was a bad call.

There was a punt by Philly that went out at our 11, and we got called for holding by #51, who was last seen jogging toward the action at the end of the play. Watched it 5 times, couldn't see an infraction.

There was a nice 20 yard fun by Banyard eclipsed by a holding penalty on #19, Powell. Replay shows no holding WHATSOEVER.

This was a span of about 10 plays.

The call on our rookie #75 on the field goal attempt, which was missed, cost us the game. The guy missed, and they called our guy for half the distance for, what, trying to block a field goal? They were given first and goal and got a touchdown.

Here's a picture of a play during which the Philly announcers praised the left tackle for outstanding blocking, and the running back for nearly making a first down (ended up 4th and 4). Anybody see a hold here? He's got both arms around our guy.

WTF

post-1610-0-20688500-1503114476_thumb.jpg

Edited by TC in St. Louis

Ed Hauckley is notorious for thinking he is the biggest star on the field. He gives the most drawn out explanations for the penalties because I think he just likes the sound of his own voice which is evident from him not turning the mic off multiple times. The guy is a joke

Ed Hauckley is notorious for thinking he is the biggest star on the field. He gives the most drawn out explanations for the penalties because I think he just likes the sound of his own voice which is evident from him not turning the mic off multiple times. The guy is a joke

You mean Hochuli? Unsure if I've ever seen a name butchered worse than this one just was and I've seen a lot...

So, what you mean to be saying is that you watched a Bills game...

...par for the course.

It's easy to complain about calls against us, but it is obvious that small market teams without a franchise pocket passer don't get the calls. I am numb to it by now, and one of the most important factors in a game is who is the ref. Jerome Bogus or Hackuli mean we clearly will have to beat the opponent plus a horde of zebras.

So, what you mean to be saying is that you watched a Bills game...

...par for the course.

It's easy to complain about calls against us, but it is obvious that small market teams without a franchise pocket passer don't get the calls. I am numb to it by now, and one of the most important factors in a game is who is the ref. Jerome Bogus or Hackuli mean we clearly will have to beat the opponent plus a horde of zebras.

Don't forget Brady's good buddy Walt Coleman

I only saw a few minutes, too. And, caught the "leverage" penalty on Yarborough. Not that I care, but they could have shown another replay and explained how the rule works. Because I didn't see anything.

Hochuli's crew notoriously calls more borderline penalties than most officiating crews. The Bills have also seemed to become a magnet for such calls. I'm totally speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills had more "block in the back" penalties than any other team. Most of them are complete B.S. Teams can embellish against us (and other teams; we're certainly not the only ones) and get the call every time. It's going to take a lot of disciplined, sanitized football to reverse that. Meanwhile, the Pats will run a pick play with about 3 offensive line holds every single down and never get called. The NFL is very much a winner-friendly or sensationalist-friendly organization, and we haven't been either for two decades.

Testify!!!!!

Can't stand him.

It's preseason. Ok. But I just tuned in for about 10 minutes of the game. Starting with the offensive pass interference on our tight end. Even the Philly announcers thought that was a bad call.

There was a punt by Philly that went out at our 11, and we got called for holding by #51, who was last seen jogging toward the action at the end of the play. Watched it 5 times, couldn't see an infraction.

There was a nice 20 yard fun by Banyard eclipsed by a holding penalty on #19, Powell. Replay shows no holding WHATSOEVER.

This was a span of about 10 plays.

The call on our rookie #75 on the field goal attempt, which was missed, cost us the game. The guy missed, and they called our guy for half the distance for, what, trying to block a field goal? They were given first and goal and got a touchdown.

Here's a picture of a play during which the Philly announcers praised the left tackle for outstanding blocking, and the running back for nearly making a first down (ended up 4th and 4). Anybody see a hold here? He's got both arms around our guy.

WTF

attachicon.gifholding.jpg

yeah they get worse and worse every year. It's basically unwatchable now. Especially when Ed Hoc's crew is officiating. They are one of the worst if not the worst in the NFL.

Hochuli was in the middle of the pack last year in terms of penalties per game.

In a League where some say you can call a penalty on just about every play, I, too, wonder how some teams seem to get flagged repeatedly for things others don't get flagged at all for. New England's* O-line holding and pick plays immediately come to mind.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/227621/2016-nfl-officiating-awards-best-and-worst-calls-most-penalized-player-and-more

I can't stand Hochuli, he always calls phantom penalties against the Bills. However, the idiots that are called for a block in the back during punt returns need to be fined or receive some other punishment. That is the most obvious penalty in all of football. I watched two of our players close on the gunner and knew the flag was coming. If you can see the name on the jersey you're going to get flagged. Tate did a great job for the most part and the idiots continued to give the team horrible field for most of the game!!

It's not just the Bills, it's every game. The rules have become way too complex, the scrutiny on every play by everyone causing officials to err on the side of making a call, the overengineering of the game. All this has caused these officials to throw the flag WAY too much. It's really getting difficult to watch a game. IMO this is a much bigger factor to football potentially losing appeal down the road than concussions.

It's very very difficult to watch games these days.

those that don't think we get the bulk of the bad calls against us must not break down the games afterward. I watch each game 2-5 times. Slow-mo and rewind the penalties against both teams. The amount of defensive penalties called against the bills on 3rd down to extend drives seems to at least triple or quadruple the opposition. The amount of phantom offensive holding/illegal block our offense es called for after completing a 3rd conversion is at least double the opposition. While I admit the Bills are undisciplined, many of these calls are penalty free. I don't know where the collusion comes from (the NFL, the refs, certain referee crews) there's isn't anyone that can tell me that it doesn't exist. No, it doesn't occur every game against us, but the majority of the games no doubt.

I realize bad calls happen in every game, it's not just a conspiracy vs the Bills......but we get **** on more than 90% of the NFL if not 100%. My buddy who at he's every bills game with me and is a 49er fan think s it's comical. Every big play we make on O or D I celebrate. His response to every big play "don't get too happy, wait for the flag". Then the flag comes out 3 seconds after the play is over.

The worst thing that's happened is the trend towards holding penalties on running plays. In the old days that was never called. Holding was a pass protection penalty.

If they're going to call them I'd suggest that the NFL consider changing holding on a running play to a FIVE yard penalty. Getting a ten yard penalty on a typical three yard running play is slowing the game down and way over blown.

Actually it would hawkulee if you were going the sound it out route, which brings me to how hard is it to look the guy's name up before you type?

Don't be that guy.

Who cares, honestly? You just want to correct people, and it's not a good color on you.

I'm not even going to get into the hilarity that your "phonetic" spelling of Hochuli isn't even the correct pronunciation. I'll give it a shot (hok-you-lee), at least it's more accurate than your "correction". :nana:

Actually it would hawkulee if you were going the sound it out route, which brings me to how hard is it to look the guy's name up before you type?

I usually post on here from my phone either while watching the game or while taking a #2. If I have to google everything first I'm going to get hemorrhoids

Real sht tho. Also hoculi always turns his horns at the bills. The crucial soul crushing game ending penalties always come against us from hoculi. I think he was the one with the phanton pi call vs the jags in the london debacle

Bogus

Look for many crucial phantom calls to go against us during the regular season.

Sad but true, wearing my tin foil hat, im starting to think ralph didnt wanna sell his soul to the powers that be in the 90s which have the nfl screwing the bills over repeatedly to prove a point.

The NFL needs to address pass interference, badly. The inconsistency on it is pathetic.

I'm interested to know how many drives have been stopped due to O holding. It hurts the entertainment level of the game in my humble opinion.

O holding should be reduced to a 5 yard penalty IMO.