Trade Tyrod Taylor this week

sb_bound

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly. did you see that throw Peterman made to O'Leary crossing over the middle blanketed? Tyrod couldn't make that throw in a million years.

Except he did earlier in the game. 1st and 10 on the Bills 30, Hotrod hits Zay Jones over the middle in tight coverage for a 13 yard pickup. The play was called back due to a false start by Boldin.

Our offense will be ok. McCoy has played little, but when he has he has looked very good. That screen to him was sweet.

Hotrod started slow to say the least. But he did settle down and made some good plays.

Edited by reddogblitz

Never seen him once on bbmb.

Honestly not every crapper poster is someone from bbmb. Crap just seems to follow this team, unfortunately

There is a curious correlation between the condition of this board and the demise of bbmb. Any regular on tsw can spot the difference in heartbeat.

Didn't we just trade our #1 WR in return for a broken down Pinto?

That's a good trade. I bet that pinto shows up at every game and puts on a show! Edited by dulles

I like Tyrod, and I thought we could win with him. However, that would have required a talented, healthy receiving corps and a drastically improved defense. The recent trades have pulled the rug out from under any chance of that.

To be clear, I'm not against the trades. But the fact that they happened means that we might as well be testing the trade market with Tyrod.

You don't trade your QB's best receiver during preseason unless you've at least partially resigned yourself to a losing season. I believe Beane and McDermott when they say they're still trying to win, but their primary goal is clearly aimed at the future. That being said, there's little reason to keep a quarterback around who could be the difference between a top-5 pick and a 10-ish pick.

I'll also say this about preseason in general: it's certainly not a barometer of a team's regular season capabilities, but it is definitely an indicator of individuals' capabilities.

Taylor's struggles, to me, were alarmingly awful. That lies mostly with him, but the offensive line also may as well have not even played. They were seriously manhandled: instantly and consistently.

Edited by MPT

We need to shop Tyrod Taylor this week. We can probably get a second round pick for him from Jacksonville after Bortles horrible preseason. It makes zero sense to hold onto Tyrod because we won't know what we have in Peterman when next years draft comes around.

Who wants him? is a Gimmick QB making way too much money. Funny how fans want to trade him away, you don't trade good QB'S away

The problem with trading Tyrod is that you are essentially telling your team that we're tanking for the year. I don't think that sort of message would play out well not just with the fan base but within the locker room.

Don't see this happening, yet.

Guest NeckBeard

Interesting thread, OP. ;-) Bortles is awful, and I don't know if he'll ever get better (personally, I doubt it). In my market the Jax PS game was on Thursday night. I laughed out loud when Gruden said that "they've really been working on Bortles' mechanics" and went on to show a side-by-side graphic which reflected the old versus new mechanics; they looked identical to me. Even Gruden corrected himself and said something like, "oh, well, maybe they just changed a little bit." HA!

IMO, even if TT is awful this year, Peterman ends up getting playing time, and some other TBD QB makes some starts, or a combination of all those things, I would much rather they take a QB high in 2018, and develop one for a change. Bringing in Bortles, and giving away higher round picks, is exactly the kind of backwards thinking that's kept this team down for as long as it has been.

There is a curious correlation between the condition of this board and the demise of bbmb. Any regular on tsw can spot the difference in heartbeat.

That's a good trade. I bet that pinto shows up at every game and puts on a show!

Or BBMB was getting infiltrated by lots of trolls and that forced its demise

And they were coming here and arriving at the same time.

Lot of good posters came over. I don't even want to name them because if I named 2 I'd have to name 10 and I wouldn't want to leave any out.

Edited by Buffalo716

They are meaningless. TT may not be the long term answer, but he is not horrible. The Bills have a slight winning record when he plays. We have had much worse. A real game with Glenn back and Matthews back should look better. Or, trade him and McCoy and do a real tank and get the first overall pick.

Holy crap. Finally. You're no longer in DENIAL about Tyrod Taylor. Took you 2.5 years. JM2009, back on BBMB, was all up on Tyrod's jock defending in EVERY.SINGLE.POST. Dude, what made you change? Why were you so adamant about Tyrod being a star QB with his low interception rating? Puahahahha. Wow. What a 180 turn by you. I wanted Tyrod gone 2 years ago though. Tyrod WILL be gone from Buffalo. He's not McDermott's guy and it's just a matter of time right now.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

On a side note since we're talking about the Jags. Anybody catch the end of that preseason game against the Bucs on ESPN? Down six points with plenty of time to run the ball the Jags had it 2nd and 1 from the Bucs 2 and they unsuccessfully passed it to the end zone three times. Marrone/Hackett back at it again.

Edited by Doc Brown

People are so desperate for the playoffs that they want to keep this together for one more year to see what happens. Tyrod Taylor is an average starting QB. Not great not terrible.

This new regime by all accounts was ready to let Taylor walk to sign Brian Hoyer if he didn't agree to their terms. Taylor bit and did the deal. This staff has zero intention of keeping Taylor beyond this year whether it means drafting a guy in 2018, going with Peterman, or signing a vet.

If Sam Bradford can fetch a 1st and 4th round pick than Tyrod Taylor can sure fetch at least one high pick. Jacksonville, Denver, and Indianapolis would seem like likely options if they go in that route.

I could see the roster transformation continuing and Taylor and Ragland seem like the most likely to go

Holy crap. Finally. You're no longer in DENIAL about Tyrod Taylor. Took you 2.5 years. JM2009, back on BBMB, was all up on Tyrod's jock defending in EVERY.SINGLE.POST. Dude, what made you change? Why were you so adamant about Tyrod being a star QB with his low interception rating? Puahahahha. Wow. What a 180 turn by you. I wanted Tyrod gone 2 years ago though. Tyrod WILL be gone from Buffalo. He's not McDermott's guy and it's just a matter of time right now.

I have never ever said he is a star QB. He is a low end starter and an excellent backup. he is the best the Bills have had in quite some time and is passable until better comes along. I have said this all along.

Enough of the crappy BBMB stuff.

Every board has good and bad posters.

I'm sure the banned list there is close to the banned list here.

This is still going on?

I miss things too,

Ground Round.. decent family restaurant with free popcorn.

TGIF programming, I miss hanging with Mr. Cooper.

Answering machines... Cut the **** and recite the message right or this won't be a family affair, I'll do it my god damn self.

The Smoking Section. 😤

But what I really miss is some f'n conversation on here that isn't thrown to the dogs in 45mins.

GD we need some W's and a playoff birth.

Idk how much more this board can stomach.

The problem with trading Tyrod is that you are essentially telling your team that we're tanking for the year. I don't think that sort of message would play out well not just with the fan base but within the locker room.

Don't see this happening, yet.

Exactly. Its bad enough they took Sammy and Darby off the team. Tyrod is loved by his teammates. McD would completely lose this team if they trade Tyrod.

It's sad that this regime is infatuated with Taylor's physical abilities like some fans instead of looking for a guy who can make the reads and all the throws.

I would never willingly start a bad passer unless there was no other option...no matter what physical talent he possesses.

Like I said last month before CJ was traded. TT was not gonna do good with this offense. He can not passss the ball. Everyone jumped on me with meaningless stats. This is a 7th year vet. I also said that at the end we get the truth... Now we can see the coaching staff's mess up. Dennison must be feeling real embarrassed. I Told Youuu.