how many wins?

nuklz2594

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what evidence do you have they want profit over wins?

Because that is an easy argument to lose and make a fool of yourself

Oh, I don't know ...

• because none of the CBs they have now are making anywhere near as much as Stephon Gilmore gets.
  • because Sammy Watkins would cost the Bills millions more than Jordan Matthews.
  • because the trades were done after season tix sales were completed, and when most of the individual game tix have been sold, too.

Finally, trading Watkins doesn't make any kind of football sense at all. A team looking to actually rebuild jettisons its expensive older players not its few young talents. Trading Watkins doesn't make the team bad enough to have a 2-3 win season which would likely guarantee the Bills a shot at a top collegiate QB if there's one to be had in 2018. Therefore, instead of using all those high picks to add talent to the team, they go to make some other team richer in talent in order to secure a shot at a QB. The Watkins trade does deprive Taylor of his most reliable -- and dangerous -- target this year and make his being a successful passer in 2017 more difficult, so there's going to be fewer complaints when he's cut in the off season before he's due any bonuses or salary, especially when fans are dazzled by the prospect of that shiny new model QB to be plucked from the 2018 draft. If the Bills manage to finagle their way into a top five pick and take a QB, the team will probably sell more season tickets than they did in 2009 when they signed Terrell Owens as the "savior".

Oh, and one more thing: Russ Brandon is still running the show, just as he has since at least 2006. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and swims like a duck, it's likely a duck. You can "Billieve" it's an eagle if you want but after 17 years of putting up with the BS shelled out by OBD, I ain't buying the duck poop they're peddling.

Oh, I don't know ...

• because none of the CBs they have now are making anywhere near as much as Stephon Gilmore gets.
  • because Sammy Watkins would cost the Bills millions more than Jordan Matthews.
  • because the trades were done after season tix sales were completed, and when most of the individual game tix have been sold, too.

Finally, trading Watkins doesn't make any kind of football sense at all. A team looking to actually rebuild jettisons its expensive older players not its few young talents. Trading Watkins doesn't make the team bad enough to have a 2-3 win season which would likely guarantee the Bills a shot at a top collegiate QB if there's one to be had in 2018. Therefore, instead of using all those high picks to add talent to the team, they go to make some other team richer in talent in order to secure a shot at a QB. The Watkins trade does deprive Taylor of his most reliable -- and dangerous -- target this year and make his being a successful passer in 2017 more difficult, so there's going to be fewer complaints when he's cut in the off season before he's due any bonuses or salary, especially when fans are dazzled by the prospect of that shiny new model QB to be plucked from the 2018 draft. If the Bills manage to finagle their way into a top five pick and take a QB, the team will probably sell more season tickets than they did in 2009 when they signed Terrell Owens as the "savior".

Oh, and one more thing: Russ Brandon is still running the show, just as he has since at least 2006. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and swims like a duck, it's likely a duck. You can "Billieve" it's an eagle if you want but after 17 years of putting up with the BS shelled out by OBD, I ain't buying the duck poop they're peddling.

what makes more money? a winning team or losing team? playoff home game? a superbowl?

Vegas had us at 6 wins with Sammy and Darby. I am thinking those trades adjust the line down at least one.

So yea about 4 or 5 wins seems about right.

Not to mention anyone see the craptastic pass protection Thursday. Taylor is gonna get killed

MAJ, Darby was awful last year. Even Rex benched him at one point though he may have been ill.

Watkins barely played. 28 receptions in 2016. They can find 28 receptions with the new WRs.

Looking at the schedule is pointless. So many things will happen. Look no further than last year - no one predicted the Bills would beat the Cardinals prior to the season (of course I called them beating the Cards after the Jets loss)

I see a much improved defense. I see potential catastrophe at the OT spots. I have been on record that CK should have been the starting LT and it was stupid to cut him.

If Glenn can play then they will have 10 wins - five in the Division alone.

If Glenn goes to IR and TT gets hurt in the first half of the season, then I see fours wins.

what makes more money? a winning team or losing team? playoff home game? a superbowl?

First off, the bulk of team revenues these days come from the televison deals. The teams that are able to sell luxury boxes and seat licenses rake in really big $$$ from those sales, but that's not the Bills. Their ticket sales add modestly to their revenue. If the season tix are already sold, and most individual game tix are sold, the team already has the vast bulk of its attendance money for 2017, so trading Watkins after the first preseason game had little risk. Not re-signing Gilmore probably weakened the secondary enough so that it was unlikely the team could win 10 games and have a legitimate shot at the playoffs. Making the playoffs would have likely added to 2018 attendance but probably not all that much unless the team had a playoff win or two, too. That scenario was unlikely even with Gilmore and Watkins, so their high salaries made them expendable.

Winning only 6 games rather than 8 isn't going to significantly impact 2018 season tix sales. Winning only 2 games in 2017 would likely create a drop in ticket sales, especially if the team sent established stars like Kyle Williams and Sean McCoy packing. Even drafting a first round QB might not have helped raise the numbers. The organization can't market a 2 or 3 win team as just a QB away from the playoffs. It can market a 6 win team as being a playoff contender with a shiny new high first round QB as the starter.

was going to go 4-12, but i see one more win

with injury riddled 'fins

5-11

19. The McBean regime says they're trying to win this season and I'm sold.

WOW all in amirite???

we just cannot lose to the jets. just saying

Seriously I'm betting those two games will be dogfights.

Oh, I don't know ...

And non of that Matters. They are profitable without even selling a ticket and the TV money is what pays the players salary hence shared revenue

Shall we keep trying though with that asnine argument i warned you that this argument would make you look stupid

Edited by MAJBobby

Seeing some 7-9 predictions for #Bills now dropped to 4-12, 5-11. Is Sammy really a 2-3 win player? I really don’t think so. That’s crazy

I agree!!! He started 8 games last season, they were 2-6 with him, with one of wins against Cleveland where the Bills blew them out 33-13, Sammy had 1 catch for 10 yards in that game. They were 5-3 with out him.

Edited by OldNMBillsFan

Well, I guess we see if TT is worth a cent.

As a Rams season ticket holder, I loved the trade. As a Bills fan near LA, I hated it.

I will give this, to the objective folks, Rams season tickets were not sold out when the trade was made. But, Goff is like Ryan lite, IMO. Sammy will light it up this year and the Rams will get at least 6 wins.

The Bills 7 wins.

How much did the trades adjust the Vegas line

They are typically very close so i am thinking 4 or 5 wins

looks like 4-12 to me... not as talented as last year and totally new coaches, mostly new skill position players and new schemes to work through. Vegas normally gets it right because clear thinking, fear, greed and having your own money on the line sets those lines. Fanboys need not apply in Vegas, just leave us your $$.

While painful to watch, 4 wins would help in the QB scramble.

I just don't see how you get rid of Rex and get worse.

IN the short term, you get worse by blowing it up; the players are already slacking off by what we're seeing in camp. they know right now they are stuck in a full rebuild -- they'll compete until they're 1-5 then be checking out and protecting their bodies first by November asking their agents to get them the h out of this mess. 2-14 is a real possibility. this is what usually happens when you blow it all up. Hopefully, they get Darnold, get out of the salary cap hell they're in and build around him ... the McBeane's 'll do it their way with their players. best enjoy the tailgates or watch another team (Raiders, Titans, Chargers) for a couple years as none of these Bills players will be around in a couple years.....

Edited by jmcraig44

I agree!!! He started 8 games last season, they were 2-6 with him, with one of wins against Cleveland where the Bills blew them out 33-13, Sammy had 1 catch for 10 yards in that game. They were 5-3 with out him.

#1 We didn't even play Cleveland last year.

#2 Sammy didn't even play 8 games last year. He was on IR for 8 then out at least one more.