Bruce Smith now a Browns Fan :(

He just doesn't look right in that Browns gear!

I'd definitely prefer him here in the right team colors instead of that doo doo brown... lol

Who knows. Maybe they'll have Bruce help out here in years to come. With trying to install a brand new system and culture (etc), I can see why maybe they wouldn't invite him (or any guest coaches, for that matter) to do something like that this year.

I'm not even sure he wants to coach. I think he's just taken a personal interest in Myles Garrett for whatever reason. He's been helping him going back to before the draft I believe.

Never mind what gear he is wearing. This is great advice to any defensive lineman and was a key part of his success even if it led to some humorous defensive offsides.....

"But as this process unfolds, he will understand how critical it is that every single snap, every single play, particularly when you're playing at home and the offense can't hear the snap count, that can be the difference between getting a sack and a forced fumble or just getting a hit on the quarterback.

Ok, a bit misleading title I admit. He's there at Brown's practice in Browns Tshirt coaching Garrett. I guess he don't see the same potential in Shaq? He better be worth the hype Brucey.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20230577/bruce-smith-lauds-maturity-cleveland-browns-myles-garrett

There is a bit of symmetry for Bruce since he was a DE drafted first overall. I am pretty sure that is his connection. I have no problem with it.

I dont even want to see a pic of Bruce in Brown's gear. It was hard enough to see him in Redskins uni's. Not as disgusting as seeing Thurman in a Dolphins uni, but horrible nonetheless

Aw man, why did you even have to bring that up?! lol

Still hurts to this day, picturing that.

Seeing Bruce in Browns colors wasn't nearly as painful though. His playing days are long gone. I still didn't trike seeing him in that orange and brown. But it was nothing like seeing him actually play for another team.

NFL Network reported that Bruce Smith has a close relationship with Myles Garrett's mom (Northern Virginia). Hence, Bruce has more of an interest in helping the number one overall draft pick develop.

It could be worse....He could be in Patriot's gear.

Edited by KellyToTasker

Aw man, why did you even have to bring that up?! lol

Still hurts to this day, picturing that.

Seeing Bruce in Browns colors wasn't nearly as painful though. His playing days are long gone. I still didn't trike seeing him in that orange and brown. But it was nothing like seeing him actually play for another team.

Lol....sorry bout that. I cant ever forget the sight of that. It was just wrong on so many levels lol

Yup. It just don't fit! Some players, when they put on a team colors, looks right. And they look good in multiple uniforms. Like Reggie White. Or Demarcus Ware.

And for some it just looks wrong. Like Favre in anything other than Packers. Or Montana.

He just doesn't look right in that Browns gear!

I'm sure there's some money in it for Bruce's charity. C'mon you guys, it's important that we find a cure, and the Bruce Smith Foundation to Cure Red Light Sleep Apnea is at the forefront of fighting this awful disease.

bruce smith is a bruce smith fan....guaranteed there's something in it for bruce

Exactly. Nothing more than a publicity stunt for the fans by the Browns marketing dept. Anyone else notice Bruce's 180 degree turn on their #1 draft pick? Was saying slow off the ball a couple months back now saying he's next coming of Dick Butkus...because the Browns payed him to be there. Publicity stunt. Nothing more, nothing less.