What is going on in KC?

Eaten barbecue everywhere. Chopping up pig and dunking it in vinegar isn't for me. KC too sweet. Best I ever had was Goode Company in Houston. Brisket and ribs with dry rub - fantastic.

Oh, and maybe Reid isn't as great as some would have you believe.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mahomes will be starting by the end of the season and will be good. But they are a rapidly aging team with a qb who isn't good enough to elevate him.

Their weapons are bad too (outside of Hill & Kelce). We will see how Hill does as a focal point too. They might be bad.

I hope the worst for Hill. It's hilarious how people are ok with that POS playing.

as soon as hill showcased his talent last year, his whole past got swept under the rug seemingly. Same will happen with Mixon, who I think is going to be a stud. I get giving guys second chances but if I was a Chiefs or Bengals fan it would make me a little sick to root for them in the uni. Edited by YoloinOhio

The truest statement I've read on this board.

Any BBQ that needs sauce to make it taste good is just cheap meat. Suck it, Texas and KC.

I've lived in both KC and Raleigh. Both are good eats, but KC wins hands down, easy going away the best!. Try Jack Stack in Overland Park and then we can talk.

www.jackstackbbq.com

OK Joe was really good for lunch too.

Mahomes will be starting by the end of the season and will be good. But they are a rapidly aging team with a qb who isn't good enough to elevate him.

If he's starting by the end of the year that means th chiefs are bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eaten barbecue everywhere. Chopping up pig and dunking it in vinegar isn't for me. KC too sweet. Best I ever had was Goode Company in Houston. Brisket and ribs with dry rub - fantastic.

Oh, and maybe Reid isn't as great as some would have you believe.

Im not big on throwing cole slaw on a pulled pork sandwich.

Well done brisket doesn't need sauce, or no more than a TBSP for a sandwich.

KC being too sweet - well, the founder of KC Masterpiece was the antichrist. A corn syrupy version of Kraft with liquid smoke in it...as if smoked meat needs extra smoke.

In KC, Gates' sauce remains the gold standard, although it often gets forgotten. Far less sweet, just enough kick for ribs and the celery seed is a unique addition.

https://gatesbbq.com/

KC being too sweet - well, the founder of KC Masterpiece was the antichrist. A corn syrupy version of Kraft with liquid smoke in it...as if smoked meat needs extra smoke.

In KC, Gates' sauce remains the gold standard, although it often gets forgotten. Far less sweet, just enough kick for ribs and the celery seed is a unique addition.

Thanks for the link.

They know how to get the salivary glands up and running on that sight!

When we traded our first rounder to the Chiefs, many were outraged. KC usually has a pretty solid team, so their first round pick would only be somewhere in the 20s, possibly late 'teens if we got lucky.

But this offseason has been very strange for them.

First, Chris Ballard leaves for the Colts. Ballard was a trusted scout, and the "number 3 behind Andy Reid and GM John Dorsey," according to Adam Teicher at ESPN.

Then, John Dorsey gets **** canned the same time that Andy Reid signs an extension. It seems that Reid is getting all the power now, something that happened just a couple years before he got fired for Chip Kelly.

Their draft was so-so, taking Pat Mahomes (subsequently driving JeffisMagic to the red and gold), not doing a whole lot to upgrade their linebacker corps, which I believe was their weak area.

Now, loyal star Tamba Hali is ranting on twitter about not being used properly. Anyone who knows him knows that it is very unlike him to be tweeting like this, but Mike Garafolo from NFL network confirmed that its Hali's thoughts and not a hack.

There is something going on over there, and who knows? Maybe their first rounder next year won't be too far down the board at all.

The Bills are certainly in a good position next year, especially if Tyrod doesn't pan out as much as we like. A good enough position perhaps to get a blue chip QB like Allen or Darnold.

Wait, didn't you get the memo from Jeffismagic? The Chiefs are the smartest and best run organization in the NFL because they got Mahomes. Case Closed. They will win the next 7 Super Bowls and we will be the laughing stock in all of sports history for trading the pick that landed the Chiefs a QB who needs to be completely rebuilt before he can sniff the NFL field.

I've lived in both KC and Raleigh. Both are good eats, but KC wins hands down, easy going away the best!. Try Jack Stack in Overland Park and then we can talk.

www.jackstackbbq.com

OK Joe was really good for lunch too.

wow

I find to hard to believe anything in KC comes close to either Franklin's or Le BBQ's Texas ribs or brisket

I mean you never know, but I'm a doubter

Let's just say there's a reason for the long lineups beyond being fashionable and trendy

Trust me the seasoning alone on Franklin's pork rib is to die for

jc

isn't it about time the Bills get lucky . I douby the chiefs collaspe but can they fall to 7-9 ? two top 15 picks would be a good jump off point to trade up , if there is a trade to be made for a qb.

just when you think you are getting lucky....BAM along comes the headache

When we traded our first rounder to the Chiefs, many were outraged. KC usually has a pretty solid team, so their first round pick would only be somewhere in the 20s, possibly late 'teens if we got lucky.

First, Chris Ballard leaves for the Colts. Ballard was a trusted scout, and the "number 3 behind Andy Reid and GM John Dorsey," according to Adam Teicher at ESPN.

Then, John Dorsey gets **** canned the same time that Andy Reid signs an extension. It seems that Reid is getting all the power now, something that happened just a couple years before he got fired for Chip Kelly.

Their draft was so-so, taking Pat Mahomes (subsequently driving JeffisMagic to the red and gold), not doing a whole lot to upgrade their linebacker corps, which I believe was their weak area.

Now, loyal star Tamba Hali is ranting on twitter about not being used properly. Anyone who knows him knows that it is very unlike him to be tweeting like this, but Mike Garafolo from NFL network confirmed that its Hali's thoughts and not a hack.

There is something going on over there, and who knows? Maybe their first rounder next year won't be too far down the board at all.

The Bills are certainly in a good position next year, especially if Tyrod doesn't pan out as much as we like. A good enough position perhaps to get a blue chip QB like Allen or Darnold.

KC tanking for the BILLS!

I don't think too many were outraged, though honestly you could say that ice is cold and get some people crazed and offended.

But I don't think upset in the scouting department after the draft will cause problems the same year. Looks like a lot of hoo-hah over nothing, IMHO. I think they'll be good.

Still glad we made the trade, though.

Ok, just bought the 2x sauce/1x rub sampler. We'll see if it's better than my high acidity/low vinegar eastern North Carolina style. More to follow...

At New England opening night.

Getting pummeled and Alex Smith throwing 4 picks to Malcolm Butler and future hall of famer Stephon Gilmore is going to make for a great opener.

The "start Mahomes" talk will begin the next day.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Edited by Big Blitz

I'd love for the Chiefs to take a few steps back. May actually be a top 15 pick. I'd love for that to happen regardless of our QB situation, but just imagine if TT can flourish in this system. Those two picks can be used for two top notch talents.

I really hope Mahomes starts a fair share of games. That will ensure the Bills get a much higher pick.

Dare not blaspheme thine name of Patrick Mahomes III or you shalt feel the wrath there of....... Oh......Wait a second....... That guy's not here anymore. :lol::thumbsup: