What is going on in KC?

When we traded our first rounder to the Chiefs, many were outraged. KC usually has a pretty solid team, so their first round pick would only be somewhere in the 20s, possibly late 'teens if we got lucky.

But this offseason has been very strange for them.

First, Chris Ballard leaves for the Colts. Ballard was a trusted scout, and the "number 3 behind Andy Reid and GM John Dorsey," according to Adam Teicher at ESPN.

Then, John Dorsey gets sh!t canned the same time that Andy Reid signs an extension. It seems that Reid is getting all the power now, something that happened just a couple years before he got fired for Chip Kelly.

Their draft was so-so, taking Pat Mahomes (subsequently driving JeffisMagic to the red and gold), not doing a whole lot to upgrade their linebacker corps, which I believe was their weak area.

Now, loyal star Tamba Hali is ranting on twitter about not being used properly. Anyone who knows him knows that it is very unlike him to be tweeting like this, but Mike Garafolo from NFL network confirmed that its Hali's thoughts and not a hack.

There is something going on over there, and who knows? Maybe their first rounder next year won't be too far down the board at all.

The Bills are certainly in a good position next year, especially if Tyrod doesn't pan out as much as we like. A good enough position perhaps to get a blue chip QB like Allen or Darnold.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we traded our first rounder to the Chiefs, many were outraged. KC usually has a pretty solid team, so their first round pick would only be somewhere in the 20s, possibly late 'teens if we got lucky.

First, Chris Ballard leaves for the Colts. Ballard was a trusted scout, and the "number 3 behind Andy Reid and GM John Dorsey," according to Adam Teicher at ESPN.

Then, John Dorsey gets **** canned the same time that Andy Reid signs an extension. It seems that Reid is getting all the power now, something that happened just a couple years before he got fired for Chip Kelly.

Their draft was so-so, taking Pat Mahomes (subsequently driving JeffisMagic to the red and gold), not doing a whole lot to upgrade their linebacker corps, which I believe was their weak area.

Now, loyal star Tamba Hali is ranting on twitter about not being used properly. Anyone who knows him knows that it is very unlike him to be tweeting like this, but Mike Garafolo from NFL network confirmed that its Hali's thoughts and not a hack.

There is something going on over there, and who knows? Maybe their first rounder next year won't be too far down the board at all.

The Bills are certainly in a good position next year, especially if Tyrod doesn't pan out as much as we like. A good enough position perhaps to get a blue chip QB like Allen or Darnold.

...um...Andy of Mayberry is in charge despite his denials (COUGH).................

Reminder that Andy Reid was very successful for years in Philly, then started losing and wound up 3-13. Hopefully history repeats itself.

I'm fine with 3-13! I will be actively watching 2 teams each week.

Since he took over KC

11 - 5

9 -7

11- 5

12 - 4

The westgate sports book has KC over under win total for the season at 9. Bills are at 6.5. I think a safe bet would be KC and the over. I'm guessing they are in the 10-11 win range this season.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/19380236/nfl-westgate-las-vegas-reveals-unders-all-32-nfl-teams

Since he took over KC

11 - 5

9 -7

11- 5

12 - 4

The westgate sports book has KC over under win total for the season at 9. Bills are at 6.5. I think a safe bet would be KC and the over. I'm guessing they are in the 10-11 win range this season.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/19380236/nfl-westgate-las-vegas-reveals-unders-all-32-nfl-teams

It's all about Alex Smith's mental toughness, IMO.

He's obviously unwanted and clearly very unhappy about it.

Does he take that energy and turn it into a killer season (like Brady did with his anger)? Or does he fold like a beach chair that Aaron Kromer throws at teenagers?

If it's the latter, the Mahomes era starts sooner than anticipated and the season is a stinker. Let's keep our fingers crossed that happens.

I think Chiefs management just isn't content with being a 11-12 win team, then exiting shortly from the playoffs.

And good for them. They shouldn't be OK with that. So they aren't afraid to make the changes necessary to "potentially" get them over the edge.

Most people have correctly identified Alex Smith as one of the key pieces holding them back. He's an OK quarterback, but probably not the guy who will win you a championship. That is the reason for the Pat Mahomes pick. It's possible the move backfires badly. But at this point I think they would rather be aggressive than sit on their hands and be stagnant with Smith.

The front office changes are questionable, because Reid bombed his last time with more control. But the Chiefs seem to be confident that he learned and will be better the second time around.

Yeah i'm going to be rooting for 2 teams every week, the Bills and whoever is playing KC.

I guess I have to throw in whoever plays the Pats*, too. Just to be thorough.....

Oh, and against the Dolphins, but I might find myself actually rooting for the Jets to mess up and "win too much".

Then, John Dorsey gets **** canned the same time that Andy Reid signs an extension. It seems that Reid is getting all the power now, something that happened just a couple years before he got fired for Chip Kelly.

Imagine if Taylor does pan out? Wait, that would be a bad thing.

Just thinking about the Chiefs, I think the Bills could definitely be sitting in a great spot with that draft pick. I mean, I'd expect the Broncos to rebound and the Raiders to win the division, which would actually leave the Chiefs on the outside of the dance. Combine that with them playing a pretty tough AFC Schedule - Pats, Texans, Steelers and then playing the NFC East I like how it's looking.

How bout great position if TT does pan out or Petterman or Jones step up and take great strides. Then we have 2 1st rounds and not in need of a QB....WOW