Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

Dumping Holmes may well equal gaining that 3rd rounder comp pick for Gilmore. I could easily see him being dumped if he's moved to 4th on the depth chart and isn't really available to play in the slot.

I think the Bills would need to sign a reliable veteran speed guy who has yet to be cut in order for that to happen.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Schrager

@PSchrags

Anquan Boldin is signing with the Buffalo Bills this afternoon. 1 year deal. @gmfb @nflnetwork @NFLonFOX

I really do not like 1 year deals for someone like this. If he is good enough to sign then sign a multi year deal with bonuses each year at option to team. If he works out then you have to go thru the whole negotiation process again.

Edited by Limeaid

I think that is exactly right, CT. We could use some more speed but not having to rely on a rookie second rounder, however much anyone likes Zay, to make plays early in his career really helps Tyrod, Sammy, and Clay, amongst a host of others.

Agreed.

Boldin is an experienced HOF bound someday WR who has won a lot in his career and his presence can really help Zay Jones and the entire offense for that matter. Also a nice safety net and red zone target for Tyrod. To me the Bills can't lose with this signing. Worth any risk involved.

I really do not like 1 year deals for someone like this. If he is good enough to sign then sign a multi year deal with bonuses each year at option to team. Yeah I know about the 1 year salary cap bonus but if he works out then you have to go thru the whole negotiation process again.

He's 36. Foolish to sign him to more than a 1-year deal.

Boldin on a 1 year deal worth up to 4 million vs. Maclin on a 2 year deal worth up to 11 million. Decent consolation, although Mac only played 12 games, given that Boldin actually had better numbers last year.

I'm happy they signed Boldin,... but would rather have had Maclin for 2 yrs

Agreed.

Boldin is an experienced HOF bound someday WR who has won a lot in his career and his presence can really help Zay Jones and the entire offense for that matter. Also a nice safety net and red zone target for Tyrod. To me the Bills can't lose with this signing. Worth any risk involved.

Beane's first big test in my humble opinion.

Our new GM gets the job done. :thumbsup:

His hands are exceptional. I'm not sure he can separate so well and how that pairs with a conservative, non anticipation thrower. But it's hard not to love his grit.

Boldin makes up for it with size and smarts. He knows how to get open. I wouldn't expect the world out of Boldin but his presence alone to me is a win for the entire team top to bottom.

I really do not like 1 year deals for someone like this. If he is good enough to sign then sign a multi year deal with bonuses each year at option to team. Yeah I know about the 1 year salary cap bonus but if he works out then you have to go thru the whole negotiation process again.

Boldin will be 37yrs old in 2 months.

Plus, they report r that he backed out of a deal with the Bills last week. Maybe it was him who didn't want a multi year deal.

A 1 year deal seems right in this scenario. If things go well for him here and he performs, it should be a lot easier to convnice him to sign on for another year. But if things don't go well or his performance starts to quickly decline at 37yrs old the Bills are not locked in for longer.

Not impressed with Beane so far. He couldn't even sign Boldin. No excuse for that. Right guys? lol (j/k - but this is why it's silly to get so worked up when a FA doesn't immediately sign before training camp has even started).

Love this signing! Boosts the WR corps big time IMO. Glad a Boldin decided to sign here.

A reasonable contract for a much-needed and heralded veteran presence. It's going to make the wide receiver cuts difficult because I don't know if they'll be able to stash Shorts on the practice squad.