Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

I agree. Not impressed with the new GM so far.

We'll see. Frankly I haven't been impressed with any part of the new regime. Still trading up in the draft, still bringing in players we need with the cap space to sign them and letting them get away. And it's not like they were building something incredible in Carolina. I can't for the life of me figure out what impressed the Pegulas so much that they handed over complete control right away.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If OBD is turning into the frugal Bills, they better be the best drafters in the NFL, for an organization staring at 18 years of no playoffs. Now that's not on the new regime, but it isn't a good sign for the fanbase not to get Boldin in here. Maclin, who had other suiters, I can see, but not this one.

Please, enlighten us on Boldin's contract demands? You do know there are two sides at the negotiating table, right?

At this point in FA, you know what the guy wants financially. You know what you want his role to be. If it isn't a fit for whatever reason, isn't that something you find out before they come in? Like over the phone?

Why bring in someone like Anquan Boldin just to let him walk out the door?

You're basically saying there doesn't need to be in person visits.

Agree over the phone and send the contract electronically.

Players do like to see the facilities and meet people in person who they might play for.

I don't want them to overpay an aging player just to force a signing, either.

Ding, ding, ding ding - WINNER!

Though for some, they would rather have *A* deal, than one that makes sense...

Please, enlighten us on Boldin's contract demands? You do know there are two sides at the negotiating table, right?

An aging vet where there appears no other suiters for. A need area for this roster. Plenty of money under the cap. Sorry, can't see this one unless he failed a physical or something like that.

It feels like a similar situation to the others. Probably a lowball offer and hopes that it's the best he will get. It wasn't with Maclin and won't be with Barnidge. It worked on Hodges. I hope that people don't mistake this for "no one wants to play for the Bills." It isn't that so before the insecurity appears just know that it is money. I can promise you, for a fact, that in at least one of the cases the deal would be done with a near market value offer.

We'll see. Frankly I haven't been impressed with any part of the new regime. Still trading up in the draft, still bringing in players we need with the cap space to sign them and letting them get away. And it's not like they were building something incredible in Carolina. I can't for the life of me figure out what impressed the Pegulas so much that they handed over complete control right away.

HUH?

Edit: You sure that is the right name for you?

Edited by fansince88

Good points. Areas of need is the key point here. Boldin would have been a great help for the offense.

So why is there an assumption that it must be a lowball offer? Compared to what? Why the assumption that Beane " can't close the deal"? Did anyone consider that maybe Boldin wants to think about it for a day or two? Does anyone know what other opportunities he is considering, or what his criteria might be? Did anyone consider that maybe the Bills just are not that desperate to have him? I would love to be on the other side of a negotiating table with some of the posters here.

If OBD is turning into the frugal Bills, they better be the best drafters in the NFL, for an organization staring at 18 years of no playoffs. Now that's not on the new regime, but it isn't a good sign for the fanbase not to get Boldin in here. Maclin, who had other suiters, I can see, but not this one.

So if Boldin wants $3M guaranteed to sign, you're okay with that?

Cap space carries over, just like extra draft picks, when you hope you are building not just for this season

Thank You

An aging vet where there appears no other suiters for. A need area for this roster. Plenty of money under the cap. Sorry, can't see this one unless he failed a physical or something like that.

Again, just cause there are no other suiters does not mean he will play for vet minimum

what is Beane"s approach? enlighten me

Said this at his press conference:

"We have to draft well," Beane said. "We have to. The CBA is set up that you have to draft well. We have to develop through the draft and in a perfect world, we retain them all. Now, again, the cap doesn't allow you to retain every single player, but the guys you draft, you shape them immediately for your culture. They don't come in here as a free agent having been on two or three different teams. You shape them exactly how you want them, and they lead everybody else -- the free agents that you bring, guys from off the street. I think if you do that model, that's your best foundation for success, and not just having a free agent spending spree"

So why is there an assumption that it must be a lowball offer? Compared to what? Why the assumption that Beane " can't close the deal"? Did anyone consider that maybe Boldin wants to think about it for a day or two? Does anyone know what other opportunities he is considering, or what his criteria might be? Did anyone consider that maybe the Bills just are not that desperate to have him? I would love to be on the other side of a negotiating table with some of the posters here.

When they don't sign, how often have they come back? We've been through this far too many times with this organization.