Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...LMAO...you know it's coming......the budding GM candidates as card carrying members in the "One 'n Done" crowd here (COUGH) are PO'ed that Beane got the nod over them......

Yep. Never ever doubt the personnel expertise of TSW.

I wonder what fans expect him to say, "I'm just glad to be a part of an upcoming 8-8 season?" His quotes are standard FA lip service. Spending 14 years in the league doesn't just polish your route-running, it also makes you very savvy in front of the media. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a smart signing by our FO, but he was a FA in August - we weren't his #1 destination all along.

Probably not but maybe he has a good year, enjoys Buffalo, and Buffalo is his #1 choice next off-season.

BB just said that the Pegulas kids went to same School as Boldin's kids and they had some familiarity - Kim reached out to his wife to talk.

Boldin family may be used to living in Florida but if he makes connection and gets a job post career with Bills maybe they can deal with moving.

While $2.75M + incentives is a decent chunk of money, it's a one year deal and we have the cap space. At this stage of the game, there are not going to be a lot of big money signings, so it's a wise, low-risk use of the cap space that we have. I'm far from a salary cap expert, but I believe that this contract will have zero impact beyond this season. I'm pleased with the signing and think that Boldin will be a good addition to the roster. I just don't see it as a major event.

If any bonus are determined "not likely to be obtained" such as "MVP in Pro Bowl", "Touchdowns in playoffs", etc and he gets it then it will affect salary cap next year.

Are there still any naysayers out there who believe Boldin only signed here for the $$, and his comments about the team/wanting to win another championship are b.s.?

I believe he went where the package (money, bonuses, free ride on Pegula's Jet :w00t: ) were best. He is always aiming for championships not bus though.

Boldin family may be used to living in Florida but if he makes connection and gets a job post career with Bills maybe they can deal with moving.

If any bonus are determined "not likely to be obtained" such as "MVP in Pro Bowl", "Touchdowns in playoffs", etc and he gets it then it will affect salary cap next year.

I believe he went where the package (money, bonuses, free ride on Pegula's Jet :w00t: ) were best. He is always aiming for championships not bus though.

Speaking of jets... anyone see what Krafty Bob bought? Holy shnikeys! C'mon Pegs...you can do it too!

I would rather have had TD mike than anquan. How much did td mike sign for again? I forget

I like boldin, but this teams strength is the run.

I think the Bills are trying to more even out the strengths. I would like to have had both and they could have.

A couple reporters didn't even let him finish answering the questions lol

They seem to do that a lot, IMO. Like for example the media was doing that just the other day when Pegula was giving his interview. He'd give a short answer and just be starting to elaborate, and some reporter interrupts him to ask a different question. I was getting aggravated. They're so anxious to ask the next question that they don't even let the guy finish answering the previous one.

Seems kind of unprofessional to me...

Lets let Mr Boldin enjoy a great fan base, like we know we can be.
Let him do his thing and see how it rolls out.

Go Anquan!

and welcome to My Team. The Buffalo Bills

They seem to do that a lot, IMO. Like for example the media was doing that just the other day when Pegula was giving his interview. He'd give a short answer and just be starting to elaborate, and some reporter interrupts him to ask a different question. I was getting aggravated. They're so anxious to ask the next question that they don't even let the guy finish answering the previous one.
Seems kind of unprofessional to me...

It is uncomfortable for sure.

I have seen the same. But honestly, It has always been that way as each reporter wants to get their question in and answered.

Good signing. No need to rush Zay Jones now. Id expect 50 catches for 500 yards and 5-7 tds.

The signing does help as insurance. I think your numbers are a little high 45 catches 300-400 yards and hopefully 5 TD's. I just don't see Boldin being a YAC guy right now, and I also don't see him being a deep seem route runner. Boldin will need to find spots in zone coverage where he can post up for Tyrod. Let's hope he gets 6 yards on third down with 5 yards to go a lot of times! This will be his value.

The signing does help as insurance. I think your numbers are a little high 45 catches 300-400 yards and hopefully 5 TD's. I just don't see Boldin being a YAC guy right now, and I also don't see him being a deep seem route runner. Boldin will need to find spots in zone coverage where he can post up for Tyrod. Let's hope he gets 6 yards on third down with 5 yards to go a lot of times! This will be his value.

His YAc has been going down every season. He averaged 8 ypc which is awful for a wr.

But if he scores some tds, makes some tough catches to keep drives alive, knocks a few heads on blocks, & is a great mentor, it's a very good signing.

His YAc has been going down every season. He averaged 8 ypc which is awful for a wr.

But if he scores some tds, makes some tough catches to keep drives alive, knocks a few heads on blocks, & is a great mentor, it's a very good signing.

Agreed it's a good signing. The intangibles are very nice. Like hearing the comment about showing up and knowing the play book. I just hope some Bills fans won't be disappointed if he isn't throwing up any 100 yd games. Watkins is very young still, I hope Boldin and him get along.

I wonder what fans expect him to say, "I'm just glad to be a part of an upcoming 8-8 season?" His quotes are standard FA lip service. Spending 14 years in the league doesn't just polish your route-running, it also makes you very savvy in front of the media. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a smart signing by our FO, but he was a FA in August - we weren't his #1 destination all along.

It's not always "obvious" to a player or a team that they might be the right fit together. It sounds to me like Boldin wanted to take the offseason to make a decision about whether or not he still had the passion to play. The salary he signed for with Buffalo is certainly not a "huge" contract, which is why I don't think it was just about the money. Whatever the reason it took him some time to make the decision, I don't think he was simply saying what he thought folks wanted to hear.

I thought his comments about not buying into preseason prognostications were the most interesting of the entire Q&A session. He cited the uncertainty of injuries, but also noted how little things behind the scenes that the media/fans don't see are a significant factor. I think McD understands this as well.

Anyway, I'm thrilled the Bills got a player of Boldin's quality and character, both for his expected performance and his influence over the team. This is the sort of locker room guy who makes a difference without even catching a pass.

The Bills traded Bob Chandler for Villapiano before the draft in 1980. Villapiano did help the team a lot, and no one really wanted Chandler, even though he was great. Chandler had more receptions from 75-77 than any WR in the league. He was then one of the stars in the Raiders Super Bowl win.

It's great some of us old-timers remember.

I hated losing Bobby - probably my favorite player at the time. But that wasn't Villapiano's fault and we kept hearing stories about how much Villapiano brought to the locker room and how he effectively mentored the younger players and taught them what it took to win.

It seems like AB will have a similar impact.