Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

I think he will sign with us.

No rush to have him sign before camp.

He doesnt have any other visits lining up.

Then again, he could also be waiting for training camp and for injuries to happen then he may be more in demand and have a better selection

CBF

...I'd guess vet minimum with incentives.....he may be looking for more, but it doesn't seem like teams are lining up IMO..........

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? I like them this year but just heard that Dixon tore up his knee again so that dampers my expectations a bit. I'd guess Buck Allen takes most of the early season work while Dixon is suspended/rehabbing. Solid D, Vet QB, a few weapons outside and a proven HC.

yeah Dixon is out for the year. Their offense has been bad, can't run the ball, and they don't have a true #1 WR, TE, or RB. Maclin is a good WR2 but not a great WR1. OL has gotten worse and I'm not a Flacco fan. D should be ok and maybe they'll get something out of woodhead but their roster is very un-inspiring.

Won't be surprised if he signs today or tomorrow. Miss the first couple days of camp. No hurry. Doesn't need the reps just some chemistry with TT.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't wait a week or two to sign anywhere. Why go to camp if you don't have to

Then again, he could also be waiting for training camp and for injuries to happen then he may be more in demand and have a better selection

CBF

Doesn't camp start in a few days?

yeah Dixon is out for the year. Their offense has been bad, can't run the ball, and they don't have a true #1 WR, TE, or RB. Maclin is a good WR2 but not a great WR1. OL has gotten worse and I'm not a Flacco fan. D should be ok and maybe they'll get something out of woodhead but their roster is very un-inspiring.

Almost a certainty that Harbaugh is gone with another playoff miss, so the sense of urgency should be through the roof, interesting to see how everyone responds & it all plays out.

Establish timing with the QB?

I understand it, but he's old enough and has accomplished enough where he can and will take the Kyle Orton route. No need to sleep in a dorm for 2 weeks when the same teams will want you once they're back home and you can sleep in a hotel bed or an apartment

You're an idiot

just sarcastic

Normally I would agree with this post and the don't overpay approach. However on a one year deal - to overspend by 1-2 mil shouldn't be the reason not to sign a vet if the need is big enough. My hunch is the conversation is about what role does each side foresee and does that role help or delay Zay Jones.

When you're dealing with a vet on a one year deal - the team knows what kind of salary he's expecting long before he comes in to visit. I can't imagine a scenario where the Bills were thinking 2.5 mil and he wants 7 - then both sides say "holy crap, we're not doing that" - then the player leaves.

I agree . Especially second paragraph Triple !

CBF

Patriots just lost a wr to retirement. (cue Jaws music) :w00t:

Patriots just lost a wr to retirement. (cue Jaws music) :w00t:

just read that as well.

and here we go with traumatized fans revisiting Hogan and Gillislee and Gilmore etc.

But it would be an evil empire move to snatch him up quickly. Just cuz..

just read that as well.

and here we go with traumatized fans revisiting Hogan and Gillislee and Gilmore etc.

But it would be an evil empire move to snatch him up quickly. Just cuz..

Just to f##k with us.

Then get ready for yet another round of media fellatio.

Edited by PromoTheRobot