Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

@DanGrazianoESPN
Source: Free-agent WR Anquan Boldin will visit the Buffalo Bills on Monday. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0680110784465869111-4

@buffalobills

Anquan Boldin is in the building! #GoBills What Bills fans should know about our new WR: http://bufbills.co/W2SSxR

DGpDZlkWsAIGZKo.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he wind up getting the same treatment as Maclin/Barnidge?

neither of those guys had more than one other offer at the time they came in. They weren't highly sought after and as far as we know, neither is Boldin. So I would suggest that he will get a similar offer according to where the Bills see his current value. If they really want him they might go higher but I don't know how much they really wanted to meet the demands of the other two. Edited by YoloinOhio

This makes so much sense and a no brainer for the Bills IMO. Sammy, Zay, and Holmes could benefit so much from being around him and playing with him.

Also, Anquan is going to almost be like have a 2 TE set out there. He's such a strong receiver out there and a significant Red Zone Target. Play him out of the slot and run him out there similar to how we would use a second TE over the middle for Taylor. Very much what they did in Detroit last year where Boldin had a very valuable impact on the offense and Stafford.

This is the kind of bargain signing that could be impactful in a number of areas. Reliable and durable receiver, mentor for the young talent here, TE like weapon in the redzone and on 3rd down for Taylor. GET THIS DONE BUFFALO.

I think he was mentioned as a possible addition the last time he was on the market. I liked the idea then and still do. However, at his age I'm thinking he could be had for a much more reasonable price!

Not to be a NNN (I'm usually not) but it could be a favor for his agent if he's trying to get signed somewhere else. If Beane is trying to get a deal done for another player with the same agent he could host Boldin to make the other team pull the trigger. Happens a lot. I had just heard he wanted to go back to detroit.

I've wanted the Bills to bring him in all offseason. Glad it's happening. At one time he was among the elite WR's in the NFL. He's obviously not the player that he used to be, but he could definitely still comtribute to Buffalo's WR corps IMO, and could potentially be a good veteran mentor for our younger receivers/players. I don't see where it'd hurt the Bills locker room to have some more good veteran's in it.

Wonder where he would slot in on the depth chart?

Guy is a beast.

Remember when he actually broke his face?

He didnt come back scared or timid.

I would love this signing

CBF

agree - it would be a fantastic addition in many ways if it happened. I had been wanting the Bills to sign him last year too but knew there was no way he'd play for Roman again.