Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, that the Bills are the only team interested at this stage. That is, until the Chargers find out that Mike Williams will miss the entire season and Anthony Lynn calls Boldin and says: "Anquan, want to catch passes from Philip Rivers," and then Boldin says: "Sorry Mr. Beane, Coach McDermott, I'm going to go to LA, so that I can have a chance to play with Philip Rivers."

and the Chargers were 5-11 last season.

Really?

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2017/07/21/report-fa-wr-boldin-to-visit-bills/

Have wanted this signing since last year when I wanted this signing. Didn't think we had much of a chance, but have wondered if having played with Taylor might be a factor, and hopefully the report saying it is a factor is accurate.

"But he's old . . ."

69 catches, 789 yards, 4 TDs at age 34/35

67 catches, 584 yards, 8 TDs at age 35/36

Age is a number. Stats are numbers, too. Who here thinks Patriots* fans don't want Brady back because of his age?

Plus he blocks and, like others have said, is an ideal mentor (more excited at that prospect for Jones than Watkins).

His average yards per catch reminds me of Moulds at the end of his career...

Decent amount of catches but no speed or quickness to get any YAC, hence a YPC under 9 which is terrible for a WR...

2 years ago would have been more exciting but even if he came in just as a mentor at this stage and a limited snap guy that would be great. I'd have hope for Sammy, minimal but some.

Sammy is already a limited snap guy so he already has that job.

Boldin would provide leadership, production and depth. This is a no-brainer decision at the right price.

This is what they said about Reggie Bush last year.

I went through my old Anquan tweets. Well worth it for finding out that I once called Percy Harvin "Spongebob FrailPants".

I don't want to jinx this but I've kinda been begging for this move for a little while now. I'm sad that nobody thought of me in this thread, I obviously need to work on my brand.

I hope a deal gets done. With Boldin, the Bills could have their best corps of WR's in over 15 years.

You're assuming Jones is going to be as good as we all hope he will be and that Boldin will produce at a minimum last years numbers. I would argue that Lee Evans/Terrell Owens or Peerless Price/Eric Moulds WR groups were better.

You're assuming Jones is going to be as good as we all hope he will be and that Boldin will produce at a minimum last years numbers. I would argue that Lee Evans/Terrell Owens or Peerless Price/Eric Moulds WR groups were better.

that could be said now. but if this deal were to get done, you never know...?

I went through my old Anquan tweets. Well worth it for finding out that I once called Percy Harvin "Spongebob FrailPants".

I don't want to jinx this but I've kinda been begging for this move for a little while now. I'm sad that nobody thought of me in this thread, I obviously need to work on my brand.

Quit your LAMPing. :nana:

INGREDIENTS

1 pound fresh asparagus

2 Tablespoons olive oil

3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese

2 Garlic Cloves, minced

salt and pepper

Prepare asparagus and trim the bottoms. Lay the asparagus in the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss in the olive oil.

Lay the asparagus on the grill in a row. Grill for 5-10 minutes over medium high heat until they have char marks and are fork tender. Remove asparagus and place back in the pan. Toss with garlic and parmesan cheese. Serve.

*You can also grill the asparagus in foil if desired.

Mmm... With either a grilled or pan-seared Halibut.. Perhaps a side of cous-cous.

All I'd need is a 22 y/old Victoria secret model, and a nice Pinot Noir... Oh, and a coffin for me in case my wife found out.

It's called adding veteran for next to nothing that might be better than some undrafted college free agent to fill the depth chart and hope. Kind of like we did with Douzable at DT last year. I'm sure the other guys being brought in will be like Boldin or maybe career STers or guys in their 3rd/4th years looking to prove themselves.

Yup, as well as Lorenzo Alexander. That didn't turn out half bad!

I didn't realize Boldin had 67 catches and 8 TD last year ! He only had just under 600 yards,8.7 ypc, but he's clearly still a productive WR, even if it's mainly as a Red Zone threat. Apparently his dropped pass % was very low too. And is very good blocking in the run game

He'd be a very nice addition to a very young WR corps. Holmes or Boldin as your # 4 WR sounds like a pretty deep group with a lot of potential.

This would be Beane's first FA signing, correct?

Edited by JerseyBills

Mmm... With either a grilled or pan-seared Halibut.. Perhaps a side of cous-cous.

All I'd need is a 22 y/old Victoria secret model, and a nice Pinot Noir... Oh, and a coffin for me in case my wife found out.

Do you have the recipe for rettada?

Unfortunately, I am aware that it's 2017.

Have you....watched Anquan Boldin lately? He's still a pretty good receiver and all, but you're not getting prime Boldin. If you're talking about prime Boldin, maybe you have an argument