Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills have some money to spend and the WR position is one injury away from being terrible. Boldin would be nice insurance on a one year deal. Boldin isn't going out there and lighting the world on fire anymore but he could help keep a team honest underneath and let Sammie get some deep balls.

BRUSSEL SPROUTS

2lbs whole sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half.

Put in a ziplock with some olive oil, salt and pepper.

Put on a greased sheet pan in a single layer, and bake at 400F for 25 minutes. You can broil them for a few minutes at the end but WATCH them the entire time.

Pour into a large bowl, and douse with good Balsamic vinegar.

When serving, drizzle Balsamic glaze (different product) over the top, and then some good hard Italian cheese gets grated on top also.

You're welcome.

Thank you!

I want some Boldin in Buffalo. Really feel he is exactly the kind of player/person Sean would just adore in the passcatchers room!!

that could be said now. but if this deal were to get done, you never know...?

Well, since half are games are against arguably top 10 quarterbacks (Brady twice, Brees, Newton, Ryan, Luck, Rivers, and Carr) we're going to need all the offensive fire power we can get so let's hope you're right.

Have wanted this signing since last year when I wanted this signing. Didn't think we had much of a chance, but have wondered if having played with Taylor might be a factor, and hopefully the report saying it is a factor is accurate.

"But he's old . . ."

69 catches, 789 yards, 4 TDs at age 34/35

67 catches, 584 yards, 8 TDs at age 35/36

Age is a number. Stats are numbers, too. Who here thinks Patriots* fans don't want Brady back because of his age?

Plus he blocks and, like others have said, is an ideal mentor (more excited at that prospect for Jones than Watkins).

8.7 YPC is pretty terrible...he can make the catch but just do anything afterwards

BRUSSEL SPROUTS

Put on a greased sheet pan in a single layer, and bake at 400F for 25 minutes. You can broil them for a few minutes at the end but WATCH them the entire time.

When serving, drizzle Balsamic glaze (different product) over the top, and then some good hard Italian cheese gets grated on top also.

You're welcome.

Brussels Sprouts = little balls of feces...disgusting no matter what you do to them

Harshness.

Bad day at the grist Mill?

Boldin is a Pro's Pro.

He still gets that first down that Hogan would fall short of

I'm with you 3rd. I think he's the kind of player that would help Sammy get free, Zay grow instead of being pushed into a certain role and he'll help Tyrod as a safety valve - also will probably help Tyrod go through progression.

Harshness.

Bad day at the grist Mill?

Boldin is a Pro's Pro.

He still gets that first down that Hogan would fall short of

To me the thing that sets Boldin apart is his work ethic. He was never the fastest guy on the field and at 36 has certainly lost a step or three, but he knows it and has changed his game accordingly

Have you....watched Anquan Boldin lately? He's still a pretty good receiver and all, but you're not getting prime Boldin. If you're talking about prime Boldin, maybe you have an argument

I guess I am going by consistency and numbers. Sure, he is slow now, but he catches a lot of balls, stays healthy, and has a strong presence on the field.

Sammy is certainly faster, younger, has great potential and so forth (which is why I wrote "Boldin might be the best"), but hasn't played drastically better, and maybe only slightly better, than the 35-37 year old Boldin.

Boldin is better than all the other WRs on our roster. That I can say with confidence. So, it's Sammy or Boldin.

Maybe I should reword it to: Boldin might be the most productive receiver on the team.

Prime Boldin is astronomically better than Sammy. No competition. No argument. Stats and intangibles support that. General football knowledge on that one.

Of course, TT/Orton/Manuel vs. Warner/Flacco/Stafford makes a difference. But keep in mind, Boldin caught 100 balls with Jeff Blake as the QB in his rookie season. Jeff Blake.

To me the thing that sets Boldin apart is his work ethic. He was never the fastest guy on the field and at 36 has certainly lost a step or three, but he knows it and has changed his game accordingly

Smart player. knows what his body will give him. and still catches those balls.

sure his yac is mediocre at this point. Thats why we drafted Watkins wasn't it? But A B knows where the 1st down marker is. so who cares about yac when you you are resetting the down to 1st. I think he and Holmes would be a nice size/ effort and bigger catch radius for tyrod getting those key 3rd down passes completed

BRUSSEL SPROUTS

You're welcome.

Add bacon 🥓.... you will not regret it.