Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills need a reliable vet at WR who can viably fill in for Sammy if he can't go as a guy with WR1 experience, and be a solid guy on the other side when he can go. They do not have that right now,all they have is a rookie with potential and a bunch of 3s/4s. He fits the offense and what TT does best (deep ball). His WR coach from KC is here and his buddy LeSean. Make it happen Beane!

Edited by YoloinOhio

It would make the receiving corp on paper at least a lot more dynamic. Give Tyrod plenty of targets. And the offense may be a strength this season.

Especially if Jones will be out for two years with his leg, and #14 is traded for a conditional 6th. As has been suggested.

The Bills need receivers.

Though I would love for us to sign Maclin, I don't think we can afford him. He will get good money from a team willing to throw him more money than us. Wouldn't be surprised to see him land in San Fran.

He's still good. Would be a great addition and from spotrac we have the money. Why is it the only ones we need another WR or TE are people on this site?

We have the line, we have the running game, TT I believe will get better if we have a full compliment of weapons. I'm an optimist and with better coaching and scheme the defense will be better. Greater attn to detail, reacting quicker, we could have a better team. We definitely would benefit from another weapon. It can be a one to two year prove it deal.

I'd happily take him as long as the $$$ works out.

Here's a question: If it were to come down to either/or, would you want to add Maclin or Barnidge? What do you think Dennison would want to do?

We have Tyrod, I'd want outside threats

Here's a question: If it were to come down to either/or, would you want to add Maclin or Barnidge? What do you think Dennison would want to do?

That's a good question. For me I'd take Maclin despite the depth at WR > depth at TE. This offense is at its best when making big plays. Maclin adds another threat there and should help open running lanes. He's a few years younger too.

Absolute no brainer to bring him in IMO

Speed threat that can play on the boundary or in the slot and offers more of what Tyrod likes: big play potential.

Sammy-Maclin-Zay would be quite a formidable '11' set; with Clay and Shady on the field as well, that gives the D a LOT to account against

Edited by thebandit27

Absolute no brainer to bring him in IMO

Speed threat that can play on the boundary or in the slot and offers more of what Tyrod likes: big play potential.

Sammy-Maclin-Zay would be quite a formidable '11' set; with Clay and Shady on the field as well, that gives the D a LOT to account against

i thought about Zay in the slot too. Would be a nice little group of WRs plus Clay and Shady as options

Whaley and Russ might have brought him in. The new crew won't touch him in my opinion.

why is that? Edited by YoloinOhio

We have Tyrod, I'd want outside threats

That's a good question. For me I'd take Maclin despite the depth at WR > depth at TE. This offense is at its best when making big plays. Maclin adds another threat there and should help open running lanes. He's a few years younger too.

Maclin.

Agreed, I'd personally take Maclin as a no brainer. I'd love to know what the staff is saying though.

i think it depends on how Logan Thomas is coming along. Sounds like he's made a few impressive plays in practice but he's still pretty raw. I get the impression we actually don't have a great chance of getting Barnidge, who has an offer from the Bills and made comments like he doesn't want to "settle" and wants to wait to see which TEs get hurt around the league before seeing his full options. I can certainly understand that. Edited by YoloinOhio

Taylor took a pay cut in order to get more weapons. The Bills have spent barley anything on weapons for him. Time to own up to your end of the bargain OBD.

That's a completely made up narrative

Dude took a pay cut because he was about to potentially be cut and wouldn't have made as much money.

Agreed, I'd personally take Maclin as a no brainer. I'd love to know what the staff is saying though.

They know him better than anyone in the league. It'll be interesting. If serious about the playoffs this year it makes sense. If I'm rebuild we can save the money.

I asked a couple of friends this very question last night. Both said go get Macklin and roll with O'Leary as the #2 TE.

That's a completely made up narrative

Dude took a pay cut because he was about to potentially be cut and wouldn't have made as much money.

They know him better than anyone in the league. It'll be interesting. If serious about the playoffs this year it makes sense. If I'm rebuild we can save the money.

You're just not very smart if you don't think Taylor could have made more money by getting cut and going to a new team.

http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/09/mike-glennons-contract-with-the-bears-will-pay-him-19m-guaranteed/

Taylor would have got double that in guaranteed cash on the market.

Edited by Ittakestime

You're just not very smart if you don't think Taylor could have made more money by getting cut and going to a new team.

http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/09/mike-glennons-contract-with-the-bears-will-pay-him-19m-guaranteed/

Then why would he agree to a pay cut with all that guaranteed money waiting for him? Not a smart move financially for him

If he thought he'd get "double" and passed it up then he's not very smart. Your dreaming

Then why would he agree to a pay cut with all that guaranteed money waiting for him? Not a smart move financially for him

He bet on himself. Sometimes you give a little, to gain more in the future. If Taylor kills it the next two years, he could be looking at way more money than 40 million guaranteed.

Seriously. What hot commodity QB - so hot, in fact, that 31 teams were AFRAID to show interest in him - wouldn't take a pay cut to stay on a team with a HC, GM and almost entire front office and coaching staff that have nothing to do with said QB even being on the team?

I mean, this happens all the time, you FOOLS!! Tyrod was in the driver's seat the whole time and he took a pay cut to stay on a team that got rid of most of its talent and is clearly looking to the future for its long-term QB.

Of course he wanted to stay in Buffalo!!!

Seriously. What hot commodity QB - so hot, in fact, that 31 teams were AFRAID to show interest in him - wouldn't take a pay cut to stay on a team with a HC, GM and almost entire front office and coaching staff that have nothing to do with said QB even being on the team?

I mean, this happens all the time, you FOOLS!! Tyrod was in the driver's seat the whole time and he took a pay cut to stay on a team that got rid of most of its talent and is clearly looking to the future for its long-term QB.

Of course he wanted to stay in Buffalo!!!

Wait, what?!

I'd sign him for a little over the vet minimum plus a bunch of incentives, 1-2 years. It was insane he was making that much for average production. I'm sure he was on the Bills minds (on what not to do) when they decided not to option Sammy.

Edited by Saint Doug

I'd sign him for a little over the vet minimum plus a bunch of incentives, 1-2 years. It was insane he was making that much for average production. I'm sure he was on the Bills minds (on what not to do) when they decided not to option Sammy.

....he's only 29 and alleged to be a cap casualty, although I'm sure 2016 had something to do with it....he cashed big time with $22.5 mil guaranteed......not sure if vet minimum + incentives would be attractive.......he may wait to see who gets injured and what club has a bigger check book......Barnidge waits and Pita goes down, possibly career ending....so he is positioned (no guarantee of course)...Maclin may wait as well.............

With our injury history at WR, I certainly wouldn't mind if he was a Bill.

What would be interesting to me is to see what kind of deal the new front office would offer, to see if things have changed at OBD. I'd like to see a two-year deal that doesn't prevent us from re-signing Sammy.

We need Maclin. End of Story. OBD, sign him to a 2 year, 6.5-7mil Contract. He was Signed to the chiefs for 5yr $55million deal in 2015... Only lasted 2 years there.

...so who goes and from what position?.....WR or elsewhere?.....just curious............