Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Ravens will land him.

Of course they will,

Am I the only one that smells something fishy about NFL Networks false report of Maclin canceling his visit with the Ravens?

To me this brings both sides into instant communication if false in my humble opinion.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...not debating it.....merely posting what I saw......PLENTY of "experts" out there that know best (COUGH).........

Ha ha, I know. That was just my friendly reminder to everyone that just because some guy has a blog in Des Moines doesn't make him a Bills expert. The people here are far more knowledgeable on the subject. There aren't many people in the world that know the Bills better than us.

....ironically, read a couple of sites today that said Decker was a better fit in Buffalo versus Maclin...............

I think that outsiders would say that the Bills need a solid possession guy to go with gamebreaker Sammy. We, and the Bills, likely feel we have that in Zay Jones and we want a deep threat to complement Sammy and Zay, allowing Jones to play the slot as a rookie.

What's Decker's salary situation/cap hit?

If he is acquired by a trade...only his base salaries the remaining 2 years of his contract count towards the cap and there is no dead cap hit for releasing him.

His base salaries are: $7.25 million in 17 and $7.5 million in 18 according to Spotrac

Edited by JoeF

I think that outsiders would say that the Bills need a solid possession guy to go with gamebreaker Sammy. We, and the Bills, likely feel we have that in Zay Jones and we want a deep threat to complement Sammy and Zay, allowing Jones to play the slot as a rookie.

Exactly

I think on the outside people view Sammy as an elite deep guy. The reality is he can do it all. He can kill you in a possession role as well.

Of course they will,

Am I the only one that smells something fishy about NFL Networks false report of Maclin canceling his visit with the Ravens?

To me this brings both sides into instant communication if false in my humble opinion.

From everything reported, and we obviously never know for sure what is true and what is spin and what is total speculation, the Bills and Maclin were very close on a deal. The Bills didn't offer everything that he wanted. The Ravens came in and told his agent we are very interested, too, and will come close to Buffalo's deal and Condon said not so fast to Maclin signing. The Ravens may also be messing with the Jets, implying they won't trade for Decker they will entertain Maclin instead. It's all poker every time with these things.

I still think we get Maclin and the Ravens get Decker and keep Wallace.

It's probably for the best he didn't sign.

I trust McBean.

I don't really trust people that talk about themselves in the third person, but that's just me.

On the other hand, my very frugal uncle used to talk about himself in the third person. If McBean is frugal and that is why Maclin left without signing, I'm ok with that, or should I say, "Dulles is ok with that."? For a couple years, our front office seemed to be like the parent who always lets the kiddos come home with a new toy on every shopping trip. McBean seems to be more like the parent who isn't prone to impulse spending. Case in point: our new LB. We wanted him, but they waited to see what the market really demanded. I like that type of negotiation.

From everything reported, and we obviously never know for sure what is true and what is spin and what is total speculation, the Bills and Maclin were very close on a deal. The Bills didn't offer everything that he wanted. The Ravens came in and told his agent we are very interested, too, and will come close to Buffalo's deal and Condon said not so fast to Maclin signing. The Ravens may also be messing with the Jets, implying they won't trade for Decker they will entertain Maclin instead. It's all poker every time with these things.

Very plausible...I also think $14 million total over 2 years is the magic number....if the Bills were at $4.5 million guaranteed for 2017 and $9.5 team option for next year...they met the standard but Condon didn't like the mix. I think the Bills held back a million shift to 2017 to respond to the Ravens offer if there is one. The old regime would have put all the chips on the table. The new regime says we have a great situation for Maclin here-- he would thrive -- but lets make sure we don't get shopped and then not have a response. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an agreement to check with the Bills before signing anything with another team.

Edited by JoeF

If he is acquired by a trade...only his base salaries the remaining 2 years of his contract count towards the cap and there is no dead cap hit for releasing him.

His base salaries are: $7.25 million in 17 and $7.5 million in 18 according to Spotrac

I don't think the Jets will get someone to trade for that?? I guess maybe a lower level team like Cleveland maybe??

Of course they will,

...now you know why I "affectionately (COUGH)" refer to it as "urinalism"....99.9% needs to be flushed and .1% is worthy of retention and consideration.....pretty, PRETTY pathetic for a once proud industry IMO...

Exactly

I think on the outside people view Sammy as an elite deep guy. The reality is he can do it all. He can kill you in a possession role as well.

...just like that 2015 Jets game to end the season...man, that was a thing of beauty.

I don't think the Jets will get someone to trade for that?? I guess maybe a lower level team like Cleveland maybe??

The 2018 number is not guaranteed and there is no dead cap hit for releasing him after 2017. The base is large though...

How many pages without a recipe now? Thread has left the realm of woo-hoo! and entering the "Maclin wasn't any good anyway" mode. I want more recipes! dammit! Bread pudding?

...the proof is in the pudding...

Harbaughs to clever , but I hope you are right kelly

thanks for reply