Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes a ton of sense. It also makes a ton of sense that he shops around too. Football is an awful business so you should find the best balance of money and winning.

Totally agree and in his position I would do the same thing. I'd probably visit someone other than Baltimore to drive the price up (SF maybe). He can always tell the Bills, if that's where he wants to be, "you can have the chance to match."

I'm guessing the bills are writing in a lot of performance based incentives instead of a flat out signing bonus.

That makes sense, I was just trying to absorb most of the $ this year. In this case, if I were the Bills, I probably wouldn't blink at a couple million to get the deal done. This all assumes a short-term deal. The space is there and they won't be left hanging if it doesn't work out. Edited by Kirby Jackson

165 followers but fwiw

@bud_rocks

Maclin contract fell apart on guaranteed $ the #Bills were firm on a partial deal with incentives of games played & performance bonuses!

If true I am fine with this. This front office is not going to mess around on contracts. And if reports are he wanted 7 mill per, bye Felecia.

Ravens will find a way. Flacco will recon or someone else. Cut somebody. There is always a way.

Yeah, money can always be found and $7M is perfectly reasonable for Maclin. I was hoping for $5M or so but $7M isn't an issue. My guess is that he wants to be with the Bills because of his relationships there. If they make the numbers work he will be there. I'd say they are still the favorites but not as much as they were 8 hours ago.

That makes sense, I was just trying to absorb most of the $ this year. In this case, if I were the Bills, I probably wouldn't blink at a couple million to get the deal done. This all assumes a short-term deal. The space is there and they won't be left hanging if it doesn't work out.

Even for a short term deal I doubt the team wants to throw money at a player just to get them here and not play/perform. Baltimore is going to have a lot of cap next year and they will probably try to back-load a longer contract for him. 3m this year and 9m for the next 2 years.

It would basically work out to the same money the bills were offering but he would get it guaranteed instead of incentive based.

Edited by The Wiz