Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

...this is pretty interesting if accurate versus speculation.......sounds more speculative IMO...........

ESPN Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley believes Eric Decker may be higher on Baltimore's wish list than free agent Jeremy Maclin.

Maclin is scheduled to visit the Ravens if/when he leaves Buffalo. Hensley wonders if it even matters now, since Decker better fits what the Ravens need, which is a big-bodied receiver who scores touchdowns in the red zone. Decker is just that at 6'3/214. Only Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, and Demaryius Thomas have scored more touchdowns since 2012, and that's with Decker missing 13 games last season. Jun 7 - 8:55 AM

Source: ESPN.com

Decker is the better fit there for sure.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...this is pretty interesting if accurate versus speculation.......sounds more speculative IMO...........

ESPN Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley believes Eric Decker may be higher on Baltimore's wish list than free agent Jeremy Maclin.
Maclin is scheduled to visit the Ravens if/when he leaves Buffalo. Hensley wonders if it even matters now, since Decker better fits what the Ravens need, which is a big-bodied receiver who scores touchdowns in the red zone. Decker is just that at 6'3/214. Only Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, and Demaryius Thomas have scored more touchdowns since 2012, and that's with Decker missing 13 games last season. Jun 7 - 8:55 AM
Source: ESPN.com

He might be higher on the Bills' list, too, for the exact same reasons. Bills have been desperate for a red zone target.

Never said we're doomed...don't think we are....Beane/McD just have some learning to do. If I had to bet my guess is that they will learn. There is no way to spin the Maclin story into one that looks like something an experienced GM would have let happen.

When I used the phrase "Cuz Rex Sux" a lot of people got angry, but Rex Sux.

When I called our coach Greggo Marrone people got angry. It was accurate.

Saying this was a rookie mistake by a GM is in fact accurate. I'm not saying he couldn't have made the right decision on Maclin. Maybe he didn't want to overpay him or something else. Fine. But to allow the story to spin up the fan base by use of the team website and have nothing to show for it? Dumb.

Well, something to consider, Beane does come from the same front office that let Norman walk when things could have been worked out if cooler heads would have prevailed and both sides didn't get all butt hurt over it...

What i have seen from the Baltimore site on twitter is that the Jets have contacted the Ravens about a trade with Decker.

So that means they're trying to acquire both of them? No, that's not what it means.

He might be higher on the Bills' list, too, for the exact same reasons. Bills have been desperate for a red zone target.

I think Decker is a better fit in Baltimore and Maclin in Buffalo. They are both good players but their skill sets are different and fit each team differently. Maclin's ability to stretch the field will really open things up. He will take some balls to the house too seeing constant 1-on-1 coverage. Clay and Zay will fill that Decker role of "chain mover" possession guys. It's a nice balance. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think Decker is a better fit in Baltimore and Maclin in Buffalo. They are both good players but their skill sets are different and fit each team differently. Maclin's ability to stretch the field will really open things up. He will take some balls to the house too seeing constant 1-on-1 coverage. Clay and Zay will fill that Decker role of "chain mover" possession guys. It's a nice balance.

....ironically, read a couple of sites today that said Decker was a better fit in Buffalo versus Maclin...............

....ironically, read a couple of sites today that said Decker was a better fit in Buffalo versus Maclin...............

I don't agree with that. Without sounding arrogant we have a much better pulse on the Bills than _____ national guy. Decker would certainly help the Bills but isn't as good of a fit.

like I said, it is JUNE.

I'll save any criticism, if any, for after the preseason and the roster is set.

Not a heck of a lot of talented receivers out there. Maclin getting released gave the Bills an opportunity to have a very solid receiving core. As it stands our core sucks just like last season but even worse.

I've always felt Maclin was overrated even with the Eagles. He would be an upgrade at the #2 WR but I would not sign for more than a one year deal. I would give the Jets a 7th for Decker. He was more productive than I thought he was going to be.

That said I would take A. Wiliiam or Revis instead.

I don't agree with that. Without sounding arrogant we have a much better pulse on the Bills than _____ national guy. Decker would certainly help the Bills but isn't as good of a fit.

...not debating it.....merely posting what I saw......PLENTY of "experts" out there that know best (COUGH).........

Just have to wait and see now.

This was an entertaining thread. I still hope we can get Maclin, he would be a lot of help to us.

Loved the food posts in this thread.

I have never been to Buffalo, so when I eventually go there, it's good to know which restaurants are the best to go to. :thumbsup:

Just have to wait and see now.

This was an entertaining thread. I still hope we can get Maclin, he would be a lot of help to us.

Loved the food posts in this thread.

I have never been to Buffalo, so when I eventually go there, it's good to know which restaurants are the best to go to. :thumbsup:

Made the past 48 hours entertaining and my F5 key no longer has any text on it :lol: