Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Ravens will find a way. Flacco will recon or someone else. Cut somebody. There is always a way.

If the FO feels it is a need , they Will find a way. regardless of the team.

I am still pleased the way he has been recruited.

A double edged sword of course. But I like the enthusiasm

The problem with that is not many players just want to come Buffalo, they have the longest playoff drought in three Nfl, along with the cold as well

put this behind you . it's for the best now.

Pegula is shifting the perceptions of Buffalo Bills and Buffalo.

and if they don't like the Cold wind rain and Snow?

f em

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking he wanted too much. With the way we've overpaid for players in the past, I'm fine with this. If he doesn't get the deal he's looking for in Baltimore and we sign him on our terms, even better.

From ravens beat writer:

Jeremy Maclin's visit with Ravens will include meeting with some members of organization tonight. But facility visit will likely be tomorrow

Ravens have done well closing deals with FAs they really wanted. They want Maclin, but so do the Bills and a few other teams as well.

From Josina Anderson:

Ravens are very interested

Edited by FluffHead

Yeah, money can always be found and $7M is perfectly reasonable for Maclin. I was hoping for $5M or so but $7M isn't an issue. My guess is that he wants to be with the Bills because of his relationships there. If they make the numbers work he will be there. I'd say they are still the favorites but not as much as they were 8 hours ago.

Do you think Harbaugh lets Maclin get out of Baltimore If he really wants him?

I can hear him now, gearing for another championship run, Flacco can get you the football, I know Tyrod Taylors limitations,

yada, yada ,yada

sigh...

From ravens beat writer:

Jeremy Maclin's visit with Ravens will include meeting with some members of organization tonight. But facility visit will likely be tomorrow

Ravens have done well closing deals with FAs they really wanted. They want Maclin, but so do the Bills and a few other teams as well.

I bet he signs with Baltimore tomorrow.

Do you think Harbaugh lets Maclin get out of Baltimore If he really wants him?

I can hear him now, gearing for another championship run, Flacco can get you the football, I know Tyrod Taylors limitations,

yada, yada ,yada

sigh...

We never get to much happiness as fans.

I'm thinking he wanted too much. With the way we've overpaid for players in the past, I'm fine with this. If he doesn't get the deal he's looking for in Baltimore and we sign him on our terms, even better.

Thats right. Too many I want,I want I want whah here.

Even for a short term deal I doubt the team wants to throw money at a player just to get them here and not play/perform.

Anytime you sign someone there is an expectation that they will perform. You could have had him here, with $7M+ left under the cap and a small hit next year if you decide to let him walk. Otherwise you can keep him next year (at your discretion) for the same price as Robert Woods. It's not crazy.

I think that the important thing to understand in all of this is it will be Maclin's decision ultimately. There are no rules as to what he has to accept or do. He can take the Bills offer right to Baltimore and say "do better" if that's the issue. If he wants he can take that back to the Bills and say "match this and I'm coming." We don't know what he wants at the moment. We can assume that he has some pretty strong relationships in Buffalo and they have the cap space. We don't know though what it is he wants.

why?

you get way too emotionally involved man. it is June, JUNE.

let the team make it's final roster before crying in all the negativity.

If they get Maclin and Decker, that should bother all Bills fans. They are talking about getting both.

not this fan. I don't cry over something I have no control of...

Anytime you sign someone there is an expectation that they will perform. You could have had him here, with $7M+ left under the cap and a small hit next year if you decide to let him walk. Otherwise you can keep him next year (at your discretion) for the same price as Robert Woods. It's not crazy.

Completely agree. Just think the new FO is more committed to guys that are in it for the team and not the money (well, 50/50 at least. It's usually about the money).

why?

you get way too emotionally involved man. it is June, JUNE.

let the team make it's final roster before crying in all the negativity.

not this fan. I don't cry over something I have no control of...

That would make Baltimore more of a shot at a WC than us. Esp. if they get both.

I think that the important thing to understand in all of this is it will be Maclin's decision ultimately. There are no rules as to what he has to accept or do. He can take the Bills offer right to Baltimore and say "do better" if that's the issue. If he wants he can take that back to the Bills and say "match this and I'm coming." We don't know what he wants at the moment. We can assume that he has some pretty strong relationships in Buffalo and they have the cap space. We don't know though what it is he wants.

Hopefully the deal is still good if he does come back though and the bills don't try to give him something less. I don't think they would but could happen.

I'm willing to bet the sun still comes up tomorrow

What odds are you putting up?