Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cooking portion was interesting if you like asparagus

coming from the guy with a Horse Head

Must have missed that part. I like asparagus, but it makes one's pee smell funny.

and green

Blasphemy Doc!

but they need to be from right place..ie not anyplace in the Inner Harbor, and from a legit place that uses only Jumbo Lump and just a scooch of binder...and most important using only fresh, non-pasteurized Blue Crab from the Bay...none of this crap Crab from Vietnam that Phillips packages up andsells

Maryland blues give up some sweet meat.

and yes ! I am talking about Crabcakes

"Tyrod Taylor is a better quarterback than Joe Flacco

In 2015 and 2016 combined, Joe Flacco has completed 64.7% of his passes. Tyrod Taylor has completed 62.6% of his. That’s the only passing statistic in which Flacco > Tyrod since the latter became Buffalo’s starter.

Tyrod has a better:

• TD %
  • INT %
  • Yards Per Attempt
  • Yards Per Completion
  • Adjusted Yards Per Attempt
  • QB Rating
  • Pro Football Focus QB Rating
  • ESPN QBR
  • Football Outsiders DVOA

Flacco has thrown the football more often than Tyrod, which has led to higher passing-yard totals. And, yes, the current Ravens quarterback can flash a Super Bowl ring. But as it stands today, Tyrod is a more efficient signal-caller. And most wide receivers consider quarterback quality when deciding which team to join."

Some good arguments for Maclin here from the link I put up.

Good link !

I wanted to extract this point in regard to salary cap, contracts and Pegula

V

"The Bills could offer — being reasonable here — a one-year “prove it then get another contract” deal worth more than what the Ravens have left in cap room for 2017. So it theoretically could be a one-year, $8M contract. Buffalo could also offer him a second-year for some job security, and we know the Pegulas aren’t frugal when giving signing bonuses. "

Hope that clears up matters

weak sauce! Any good recipes?

Or bitching about Tyrod ?

Good link !

I wanted to extract this point in regard to salary cap, contracts and Pegula

V

"The Bills could offer — being reasonable here — a one-year “prove it then get another contract” deal worth more than what the Ravens have left in cap room for 2017. So it theoretically could be a one-year, $8M contract. Buffalo could also offer him a second-year for some job security, and we know the Pegulas aren’t frugal when giving signing bonuses. "

Hope that clears up matters

Or bitching about Tyrod ?

Pegulas will pay, that's for sure.

In 2015 and 2016 combined, Joe Flacco has completed 64.7% of his passes. Tyrod Taylor has completed 62.6% of his. That’s the only passing statistic in which Flacco > Tyrod since the latter became Buffalo’s starter.

Tyrod has a better:

• TD %
  • INT %
  • Yards Per Attempt
  • Yards Per Completion
  • QB Rating
  • ESPN QBR

Flacco has thrown the football more often than Tyrod, which has led to higher passing-yard totals. And, yes, the current Ravens quarterback can flash a Super Bowl ring. But as it stands today, Tyrod is a more efficient signal-caller. And most wide receivers consider quarterback quality when deciding which team to join."

To be fair though, Our offense was a lot more dangerous than the Ravens in that we had the top rushing game in the league to keep defenses off balance and make them worry about the run and the pass. Flacco's numbers have been bad the last two years primarily because the Ravens running game was absolute TRASH. That's why I worry about Castillo a bit. Their offense was pretty one dimensional making it easier for defenses. I do think Flacco has not lived up to the contract given though. Great SB run, but pretty average after that.

Edited by NewEraBills

Tyrod has a better:

• TD %
  • INT %
  • Yards Per Attempt
  • Yards Per Completion
  • QB Rating
  • ESPN QBR

Thanks for re-posting this. I closed your other thread because Baltimore isn't the only team he plans to visit after us.

Thanks for re-posting this. I closed your other thread because Baltimore isn't the only team he plans to visit after us.

That's ok. I hope he choses us. This was a nice article.

was just trying to clear up the tet e tet between our friends earlier upstream.

Thanks again for the share JM !

Your welcome.

Tyrod has a better:

• TD %
  • INT %
  • Yards Per Attempt
  • Yards Per Completion
  • QB Rating
  • ESPN QBR

I think we forget to look at total yards and total pass attempts. Normalizing the data is great, but the piece overlooked with Tyrod is 'have the Bills only been asking Tyrod to pass in more ideal passing situations'

To be fair though, Our offense was a lot more dangerous than the Ravens in that we had the top rushing game in the league to keep defenses off balance and make them worry about the run and the pass. Flacco's numbers have been bad the last two years primarily because the Ravens running game was absolute TRASH. That's why I worry about Castillo a bit. Their offense was pretty one dimensional making it easier for defenses. I do think Flacco has not lived up to the contract given though. Great SB run, but pretty average after that.

Of all the signings/hirings, Castillo worries me the most, no question

Why are they idiots? They want to win and have some passion in getting a good player here.

Sean McDermott said he had "some communication" with Chiefs HC Andy Reid about Jeremy Maclin. Said conversations stay between them. @WGRZ

I'm guessing that after talking to Reid, McD decided that Maclin wasn't worth the price that Maclin's agent wanted even though there's still some interest.

Edited by hondo in seattle