Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else have obsession with Cold Brew? Thinking it's a lifestyle, now. Regular iced coffee tastes like an ashtray in comparison. Plus you have to get the ice cubes also made out of cold brew.

Edited by YoloinOhio

An experienced GM would not have done it this way. If you think one would have I don't really know what to say.

Shady was posting smiley pictures with Maclin and touting his recruiting skills, which is all fine.....if he is doing it on his own. But to post all of this stuff on the OFFICIAL TEAM Web site is a completely different story and requires an inexperienced GM...or front office in general because it is silly and unprofessional. Seasoned GMs do not do silly and unprofessional things.

I agree that keeping it quiet is unrealistic but there is a wide gap between keeping it quiet and how it was handled here.

Look, at the end of the day, even if Maclin signs with Baltimore today and openly mocks the Bills.....all unlikely....it still isn't really all that big of a deal and I'd still be optimistic about the new staff.....but to say this would have happened with a more experienced GM/staff is erroneous. It was a rookie mistake even though I happen to like this particular rookie.

Wholly cow we are already traveling down this road with the point the finger blame game. Already sewing the seed of the fire Beane campaign

They brought him in took some pictures made him an offer. Sounds like a standard affair to me... I honestly can not understand why some people are so focused on making up a narrative

An experienced GM would not have done it this way. If you think one would have I don't really know what to say.

Shady was posting smiley pictures with Maclin and touting his recruiting skills, which is all fine.....if he is doing it on his own. But to post all of this stuff on the OFFICIAL TEAM Web site is a completely different story and requires an inexperienced GM...or front office in general because it is silly and unprofessional. Seasoned GMs do not do silly and unprofessional things.

I agree that keeping it quiet is unrealistic but there is a wide gap between keeping it quiet and how it was handled here.

Look, at the end of the day, even if Maclin signs with Baltimore today and openly mocks the Bills.....all unlikely....it still isn't really all that big of a deal and I'd still be optimistic about the new staff.....but to say this would have happened with a more experienced GM/staff is erroneous. It was a rookie mistake even though I happen to like this particular rookie.

The question is the magnitude of the "mistake." The magnitude is significantly smaller than this thread.

Would Beane prefer it if Chris Brown hadn't hyped Maclin so much? Yes. Did Beane say something to Brown and his boss about it? Maybe. Does it make any difference in terms of the Bills' ability to win games or sell tickets? No.

Anyone else have obsession with Cold Brew? Thinking it's a lifestyle, now. Regular iced coffee tastes like an ashtray in comparison. Plus you have to get the ice cubes also made out of cold brew.

Agree with you...having one right now from a little local coffee shop...there is no comparison...

Agree with you...having one right now from a little local coffee shop...there is no comparison...

Have you found the nitrogen infused cold brews? Cascades like a beer on the nitrogen tap (same concept, obviously). Completely takes the edge off of any bitterness and adds a little body. It's good, but I can only drink a small. Larges tend to get somewhat cloying by the end, so they're difficult to finish.

Edited by transient

Have you found the nitrogen infused cold brews? Cascades like a beer on the nitrogen tap (same concept, obviously). Completely takes the edge off of any bitterness and adds a little body. It's good, but I can only drink a small. Larges tend to get somewhat cloying by the end, so their difficult to finish.

ooooh

Have you found the nitrogen infused cold brews? Cascades like a beer on the nitrogen tap (same concept, obviously). Completely takes the edge off of any bitterness and adds a little body. It's good, but I can only drink a small. Larges tend to get somewhat cloying by the end, so their difficult to finish.

Not yet. Sounds good though..will have to check it out. Thanks!

That just makes me want Flying Bison's Spot Coffee Stout...