Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

We need Maclin. End of Story. OBD, sign him to a 2 year, 6.5-7mil Contract. He was Signed to the chiefs for 5yr $55million deal in 2015... Only lasted 2 years there.

Would you give Woods that type of money? Because that's the production (minus blocking) you'll be getting, at best.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you give Woods that type of money? Because that's the production (minus blocking) you'll be getting, at best.

Completely different players. What are you talking about? Maclin is a speedy playmaker who keeps safeties honest. He was miscast in a horizontal KC passing offense. That signing never made any sense to me. He's nothing like Bobby Woods.

Completely different players. What are you talking about? Maclin is a speedy playmaker who keeps safeties honest. He was miscast in a horizontal KC passing offense. That signing never made any sense to me. He's nothing like Bobby Woods.

So if that's the case then why come here with Dennison installing the same type of offense?

at best? Maclin had a down year last year and also missed 4 games but has out produced woods every year besides that, still almost equal production last year too. Maclin is far better than woods

Hate to be that guy but...

If you are Maclin and his agent, why would you come to Buffalo? You spent 2 years with a very limited passing qb but a least you got paid a lot in your home state for a team that makes that playoffs.

He has a chance at one last good payday. Why would he come to the Bills to be a number #2 option for a limited passing qb for a team that never makes the playoffs?

His best bet would be to sign a year deal for a team like NO or GB.

If you are Maclin and his agent, why would you come to Buffalo? You spent 2 years with a very limited passing qb but a least you got paid a lot in your home state for a team that makes that playoffs.

He has a chance at one last good payday. Why would he come to the Bills to be a number #2 option for a limited passing qb for a team that never makes the playoffs?

Arguably your best friend plays there. Your WR coach is now in Buffalo. You are familiar with the HC. They have been a big play offense and you are a big play threat. They have the money as well. That's 5 reasons that they will be on the list (and one of the favorites).

Arguably your best friend plays there. Your WR coach is now in Buffalo. You are familiar with the HC. They have been a big play offense and you are a big play threat. They have the money as well. That's 5 reasons that they will be on the list (and one of the favorites).

As always, I'd love for you to be right. He would be a great pickup.

As his agent, Buffalo would be further down on my list of teams. I believe Woods got paid as much as he did because the Rams believe he suffered from poor qb play.

I agree with you. The two teams mentioned on ESPN are Lions and Ravens, unless one is willing to way over pay are there any compelling reasons to go to one of those teams?

Both Smith and Taylor are limited, no doubt, but their limitations are different. Alex Smith will throw anywhere on the field within 11-14 yards from the LOS. He does not frequently take deep shots down the field. Tyrod on the other hand has shown no fear in uncorking a deep one outside the numbers, but doesn't frequently target between the hashes. Put their skills together and you have a hell of a QB.

That being said, Maclin was miscast in KC's offense simply because his best attribute is being able to take the top off a defense as a legitimate threat to catch a deep pass. If Alex Smith is your QB, that deep pass isn't frequently happening. With Tyrod, I think Maclin is a much better fit. He could be the one on the other side of those deep shots that Goodwin and others were catching

As his agent, Buffalo would be further down on my list of teams. I believe Woods got paid as much as he did because the Rams believe he suffered from poor qb play.

Woods and Maclin are two completely different receivers. Maclin is a vertical threat receiver. That's why the KC signing made no sense when he signed there. Tyrods best trait as a QB is deep ball and big play potential.

This could be a lot like the Harvin signing in 2015, if it happens. Harvin had 218 yards in 4 games and a TD before getting injured.

....not sure how much stock to put into, "who would come to Buffalo" anymore...sure we're talking about FO/Administration, but the number of former VP's and Personnel Directors that Beane managed to attract is quite impressive.....and the majority are young guns versus "over the hill gang members" hanging on for a pay check.....and throw in a darn good coaching staff (sure it's on paper so far)...but times are changing.....

....not sure how much stock to put into, "who would come to Buffalo" anymore...sure we're talking about FO/Administration, but the number of former VP's and Personnel Directors that Beane managed to attract is quite impressive.....and the majority are young guns versus "over the hill gang members" hanging on for a pay check.....and throw in a darn good coaching staff (sure it's on paper so far)...but times are changing.....

It's all about the money with Jeremy. Winning is secondary.

Woods and Maclin are two completely different receivers. Maclin is a vertical threat receiver. That's why the KC signing made no sense when he signed there. Tyrods best trait as a QB is deep ball and big play potential.

This could be a lot like the Harvin signing in 2015, if it happens. Harvin had 218 yards in 4 games and a TD before getting injured.

He went there because they paid a ton, it was his home state, and they are a playoff team. He also had the second best season of his career last year.

One last pay day may actually work in our favor if he doesn't have to put up huge numbers for the next deal? What might count the most is THIS deal. $$$. Not that I want to OVER-pay, but....

I agree with you. The two teams mentioned on ESPN are Lions and Ravens, unless one is willing to way over pay are there any compelling reasons to go to one of those teams?

Because they are both playoff type teams with qbs with huge arms who are considered better than Tyrod. The Ravens makes a ton of senses. You sign a one year deal and hope to produce enough to get a bigger payday.

Until we get one of those elite type qbs, it will be a struggle to get big name free agents WRs unless you completely overpay. That said, I think you are better getting WRs through the draft anyways. Much cheaper with less miles.

Woods got paid because #2 options always get paid in FA. Look at Sanu, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, etc... this is a relatively new trend but number 2 receivers, coming off of their rookie deals, have a market.

One last pay day may actually work in our favor if he doesn't have to put up huge numbers for the next deal? What might count the most is THIS deal. $$$. Not that I want to OVER-pay, but....

It very well could. I do think those one year and prove it deals might be the best route for a 29 yo if he believes he is able to stay healthy.

Woods had a career game against Seattle. and then was out hurt. He's a solid number three, slot guy. He's not a true number two.

If teams are pricing a premium into the equation for WRs that produce effectively in our scheme it would seem that would fend off fears of not getting paid later if you come here.

...as weird as it sounds it started with Shawne Merriman and then Mario. The world is so much smaller in the social media age that recruiting to Buffalo (or any city) isn't that difficult anymore. The best basketball player in the world is in Cleveland. The next guys on the list may be in Oakland and Oklahoma City. It's a much different time than 15 years ago. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Ok, I know we all want the best toys possible. BUT!!!!!!!!! BIG BUTT!!!!!!

mvxgyt-l-610x610-shorts-butt-crop+tops-t

WE DON'T HAVE A QB WHO CAN GET HIM THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did Watkins and TT become one of the best duos in the NFL in 2015? He's a terrific deep ball passer, but he couldn't get those types of balls to Maclin? Fail. That Colt game, the first throw to Harvin was a nice deep ball into the end zone for a TD.

The biggest strength of our qb is deep passing.

He could be the best in the NFL at it, but he couldn't get a deep ball to a speedster like Maclin-what a horrible comment.

Edited by JM2009

It very well could. I do think those one year and prove it deals might be the best route for a 29 yo if he believes he is able to stay healthy.

Like Tyrod (and Flacco), I like it when guys are willing to bet on themselves. But it is a gamble.

Woods had a career game against Seattle. and then was out hurt. He's a solid number three, slot guy. He's not a true number two.

Yeah, I'm sure Woods would have the same production with qbs like Brees, Rodgers, & Brady instead of Taylor, Orton, & Manuel.

Taylor has his strengths but let's stop pretending his lack of passing success is everyone else's fault. Charles Clay was a top 10 TE in Miami. Hogan looked like one of the best deep threats in the NFL last year. Taylor limits mistakes and is a great running qb. He is one of the worst passing starters in the NFL. I don't know how anyone can argue this.

Ok, I know we all want the best toys possible. BUT!!!!!!!!! BIG BUTT!!!!!!

mvxgyt-l-610x610-shorts-butt-crop+tops-t

WE DON'T HAVE A QB WHO CAN GET HIM THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent post!

If teams are pricing a premium into the equation for WRs that produce effectively in our scheme it would seem that would fend off fears of not getting paid later if you come here.

Good point but that's where winning helps. Easier to take lesser stats on a winning team playing on big stages than on a non-winning one.

I just keep thinking about how much better the Bills got when they picked up James Lofton.

The HOF qb(even if he is slightly overrated here) might have helped a bit.

Yeah, I'm sure Woods would have the same production with qbs like Brees, Rodgers, & Brady instead of Taylor, Orton, & Manuel.

Taylor has his strengths but let's stop pretending his lack of passing success is everyone else's fault. Charles Clay was a top 10 TE in Miami. Hogan looked like one of the best deep threats in the NFL last year. Taylor limits mistakes and is a great running qb. He is one of the worst passing starters in the NFL. I don't know how anyone can argue this.

Excellent post!

Good point but that's where winning helps. Easier to take lesser stats on a winning team playing on big stages than on a non-winning one.

How can that be an excellent post when TT strength is getting deep balls to speedsters like a Maclin? And how come Watkins and TT had a nice second half in 2015? One of the best in the NFL. And the bills attempted the fewest passes in the NFL in 2016.

Excellent post!

I remember that Titan game-a big deep ball to Hogan set up a TD. Bills should have kept Hogan.

How can that be an excellent post when TT strength is getting deep balls to speedsters like a Maclin? And how come Watkins and TT had a nice second half in 2015? One of the best in the NFL. And the bills attempted the fewest passes in the NFL in 2016.

They had a nice second half because they were playing against prevent defenses for the last two quarters of every game.

I remember that Titan game-a big deep ball to Hogan set up a TD. Bills should have kept Hogan.

I just wish I could solve the mystery of the cosistancy

- TT would go for halves where he was not very productive......then turn it around in second halves

- TT couldnt find Clay at all in some games....and in some games he seemed to find him every other play

- We would struggle offensively passing against some teams.....then explode against teams like Seattle

Our number one and number two receivers are currently injured and the season is less than 100 days away. I find it hard to believe that getting a reliable great wide receiver when we have the cap room to do it doesn't make perfect sense.

If you haven't watched Maclin play, you should check him out. the guy can be dominant.

Excellent post!

"Brees, Rodgers and Brady". Why don't you go out and get one of them for us Biscuit, since they are so easy to find. 31 NFL teams must have one of these types of QBs, and the Bills are the only ones who don't, with your posting. I'll meet you at the corner store and will buy one for Buffalo. HOF, elite QBs are a dime a dozen. Newsflash-TT will never be this type, and he wasn't expected to be. That doesn't mean he is terrible.He's the best option for 2017 and beyond till better. We would have made the playoffs last season had the defense played as advertised.

I was referring more to the picture. Tyrod's best pass is the deep one, I agree.

And Hogan was never going to do that in Buffalo. One of the reasons NE signed him is because he got wide open twice in the MNF game against them 2 years ago and Tyrod missed him.

"Brees, Rodgers and Brady". Why don't you go out and get one of them for us Biscuit, since they are so easy to find. 31 NFL teams must have one of these types of QBs, and the Bills are the only ones who don't, with your posting. I'll meet you at the corner store and will buy one for Buffalo. HOF, elite QBs are a dime a dozen. Newsflash-TT will never be this type, and he wasn't expected to be. That doesn't mean he is terrible.He's the best option for 2017 and beyond till better. We would have made the playoffs last season had the defense played as advertised.

Missing the point. I could have named guys like Stafford, Dalton, or Wilson. Some people here are a false idea that WRs make the qb. It's one of the reasons why I hated the idea of a 1st round wr. Qbs make WRs.

I'd love Maclin here. But even without him, lots of starting qbs could be fine with our current WRs.

Our number one and number two receivers are currently injured and the season is less than 100 days away. I find it hard to believe that getting a reliable great wide receiver when we have the cap room to do it doesn't make perfect sense.

If you haven't watched Maclin play, you should check him out. the guy can be dominant.

Not only that, but pretend you're a defensive coordinator. The Bills come out in a 3 wide set with Watkins and Maclin split out. Zay Jones is in the slot, Clay at TE, McCoy in the backfield.

How do you choose a receiving option to key on as a defensive play designer when any one of the options could hurt you bigly (thanks Trump) on any passing play?