Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mixon in the 3rd

They did the right thing here. No reason to pay the back-up rb $4 million or even $2 million it would've cost for the 2nd round tender. I would hope that Joe Mixon falls to us in the 3rd.

Let me get this straight: you guys are happy about getting a 5th round pick for a guy that's proven himself to be a productive RB for this team over a 2-year span, but are hoping to spend a 3rd round pick on a guy that's not only unproven as an NFL RB, but also comes with off-field baggage?

No offense, but that line of thinking makes no sense to me.

Let me get this straight: you guys are happy about getting a 5th round pick for a guy that's proven himself to be a productive RB for this team over a 2-year span, but are hoping to spend a 3rd round pick on a guy that's not only unproven as an NFL RB, but also comes with off-field baggage?

Bandit, I know you were referring to a 3rd Round pick and drafting Mixon, but I just want to say from my perspective: no RB short of a sure-fire HOF is worth giving up a 5th round pick at the age of 27 when season starts and the short shelf-life of a RB in the NFL these days...to me, it makes more sense to use a 5th or even a 6th in this year's Draft on a back-up RB with real potential...the financials and age just make too much sense to go with it....IMHO, it was just a particularly bad year to try and keep a guy of Gilly's ilk for the Bills....

Are we going to pay a 3rd round pick as much as we would be paying MG?

When Gilly routinely gashes us for 100 Plus yards next December, this thread is gonna be real ugly. The 2nd round tender should have been used and this thread doesnt exist.

You know the Cheater will want to rub it in. Just like when he almost blew a game trying to get Chandler a TD.

Bandit, I know you were referring to a 3rd Round pick and drafting Mixon, but I just want to say from my perspective: no RB short of a sure-fire HOF is worth giving up a 5th round pick at the age of 27 when season starts and the short shelf-life of a RB in the NFL these days...to me, it makes more sense to use a 5th or even a 6th in this year's Draft on a back-up RB with real potential...the financials and age just make too much sense to go with it....IMHO, it was just a particularly bad year to try and keep a guy of Gilly's ilk for the Bills....

The team could easily have managed his $4M cap hit this year, and next year it actually drops to $2.7M. Factor in the idea that he's not getting the lion's share of the carries, so even if he's your starter in 2018, then you have him cheap.

I'm sorry, but I don't think it makes sense to assume you can replace the productivity, nor do I think it makes sense to create another roster hole at this point of the offseason.

Are we going to pay a 3rd round pick as much as we would be paying MG?

who cares? They have the room to do so this year, unless you think there was some massive cap-altering move coming later this offseason, which I do not.

His cap figure next year is even less, and the team has even more cap room.

When Gilly routinely gashes us for 100 Plus yards next December, this thread is gonna be real ugly. The 2nd round tender should have been used and this thread doesnt exist.

Every running back has been gashing us for over 100 yards for the past few years.....

Hell, Ajayi and Bell had career days against.

Not happy at all. Just prognosticating

The team could easily have managed his $4M cap hit this year, and next year it actually drops to $2.7M. Factor in the idea that he's not getting the lion's share of the carries, so even if he's your starter in 2018, then you have him cheap.

I'm sorry, but I don't think it makes sense to assume you can replace the productivity, nor do I think it makes sense to create another roster hole at this point of the offseason.

who cares? They have the room to do so this year, unless you think there was some massive cap-altering move coming later this offseason, which I do not.

His cap figure next year is even less, and the team has even more cap room.

It makes no sense at all, other than the fact that our GM is a glorified scout who loves his draft picks.

If any other team did what the Patriots did, they would be looked at as morons.

They revolve RBs anyways, look at the playoffs. Why are they paying all these RB 4 million?

Gilly was out of the NFL early 2015 and now he is some great back? The dude benefited from the number 1 rushing attack in NFL. We can plug and play RB just like GB/NE can plug and play WR.

Edited by Ittakestime

Alvin Bowen

Nic Harris

Ed Wang

Johnny White

Zebrie Sanders

Jonathan Meeks

Cyril Richardson

Karlos Williams

jonathan Williams

Bills recent 5th round picks all say hi

Ahh, they're going to package them to move up into the fourth.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2017/4/19/15350586/why-bills-rb-mike-gillislee-is-worth-a-5th-round-pick-and-more-to-the-patriots

On average, 5th round running backs run for less than 500 yards in their first two seasons combined. Many more stats about Gilly and his production in that article. I saved it for the Sunshine fan club, there is a taste of reality.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2017/4/19/15350586/why-bills-rb-mike-gillislee-is-worth-a-5th-round-pick-and-more-to-the-patriots

On average, 5th round running backs run for less than 500 yards in their first two seasons combined. Many more stats about Gilly and his production in that article. I saved it for the Sunshine fan club, there is a taste of reality.

And cost you 600k.

I am happy with not matching take the pick

And Gillislee is not a first two season back. 27 now on 4th team

What?! A 5th is what the Pats gave up for him. The article was a debate on his production and the value of the pick. Obviously you didn't read it.

i believe his entire point was that, much like MG, these late round picks are not a slam dunk to produce out of the gate (if ever). Hopefully Jwill will step up from here.

What?! A 5th is what the Pats gave up for him. The article was a debate on his production and the value of the pick. Obviously you didn't read it.

I read the article. and I could care less.....

Bills took a Street UFA and turned him into a 5th round pick.

i believe his entire point was that, much like MG, these late round picks are not a slam dunk to produce out of the gate (if ever). Hopefully Jwill will step up from here.

I get that, But again I am still not paying a nice contract to a BU RB. Specially when I just signed a short yardage guy that knows the offense.

So I am fine with taking a street FA and flipping him for a 5th