Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go: #Patriots extended an RFA offer sheet to #Bills RB Mike Gillislee. It’s for 2 years, $6.4M, source said. $4M in the 1st year.

That's what I was talkin' bout.

The Pats waited till the Bills thought for sure they had him cheap......now it's going to be hard for the Bills to swallow that deal.

But they should.

Well played by Pats.

That's what I was talkin' bout.

The Pats waited till the Bills thought for sure they had him cheap......now it's going to be hard for the Bills to swallow that deal.

But they should.

Well played by Pats.

Did the Bills think that or did you?

we will match

They certainly should.

And when they do......there goes the savings/cap maneuvering they gained being thrifty with Groy. :lol::doh:

There is a reason the Bills look like a clown show.......not tendering those two higher was unnecessary risk for potentially paltry savings.

They will probably match it because they've been working on an extension anyway. They have the cap room. I think I'd rather take the draft pick though and sign a different RB like Blount.

I think Blount would be a perfect compliment to Shady tbh but we do have Tolbert to be a big bruising back but he is a "Fb" I guess

They certainly should.

And when they do......there goes the savings/cap maneuvering they gained being thrifty with Groy. :lol::doh:

There is a reason the Bills look like a clown show.......not tendering those two higher was unnecessary risk for potentially paltry savings.

You'd think Whaley would've learned his lesson with Hogan, but Whaley seems to be a thick-headed amateur with a professional death wish.

Did the Bills think that or did you?

That was my take on how I'd approach an MG offer sheet if I wanted to get him away from the Bills.

Timing is everything.

Do you suppose that the Pats first thought about MG the other day? They could wait Blount out and get him for that or less or just draft a back. MG is simply the better player. He was a target.

This is becoming a trend - Hogan, Gilmore, Gillislee...

I guess we should take it as a compliment that Belichick thinks so highly of Bills players? friggin dick head.

This is starting to get aggravating though.

I feel like Belichick is almost trolling us at this point...

Maybe he's still pissed off about Rex Ryan talking all that smack? Or Bills fans taking out that billboard mocking Brady? Or shutting them out last year? lol j/k

That was my take on how I'd approach an MG offer sheet if I wanted to get him away from the Bills.

Timing is everything.

Do you suppose that the Pats first thought about MG the other day? They could wait Blount out and get him for that or less or just draft a back. MG is simply the better player. He was a target.

Doing it sooner or later doesn't matter. The Bills have the cap space to keep him (about $2MM this year.)

This is becoming a trend - Hogan, Gilmore, Gillislee...

I guess we should take it as a compliment that Belichick thinks so highly of Bills players? friggin dick head.

This is starting to get aggravating though.

I feel like Belichick is almost trolling us at this point...

Maybe he's still pissed off about Rex Ryan talking all that smack? Or Bills fans taking out that billboard mocking Brady? Or shutting them out last year? lol j/k

He just has it out for Buffalo for some reason. Like Tom Brady shouting "REX RYAN" as an audible on MNF. I have no clue what we did to piss him off.

Bills would be stupid to match. Back up RB are a dime a dozen. Let's be honest here, there was a significant drop off when Gilly had to be the starter. The reason why he was so effective was because McCoy did the real damage. I am fine with Jonathon Williams being the back up, and bringing in another RB off the street to compete. Our o line is good enough to plug most any back up RB in there.

BB doesn't want Gilly, he just wants to screw the Bills. Don't fall for his nonsense.

Bills would be stupid to match. Back up RB are a dime a dozen. Let's be honest here, there was a significant drop off when Gilly had to be the starter. The reason why he was so effective was because McCoy did the real damage. I am fine with Jonathon Williams being the back up, and bringing in another RB off the street to compete. Our o line is good enough to plug most any back up RB in there.

BB doesn't want Gilly, he just wants to screw the Bills. Don't fall for his nonsense.

Pretty much all of this is wrong.

Oh, so the second string wasn't as good as the star first string RB.

Hope you hold onto secrets this valuable until you strike it rich to publish them...