Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

They certainly should.

And when they do......there goes the savings/cap maneuvering they gained being thrifty with Groy. :lol::doh:

There is a reason the Bills look like a clown show.......not tendering those two higher was unnecessary risk for potentially paltry savings.

You are making a huge assumption that if the Bills had a 2nd round tender, the Pats would have signed him to a contract. That is a huge leap of faith.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly...A fact also lost on Whaley as well...

Anyone who thinks TD Mike was not worth that 2nd Round tender money needs to find another sport to follow because football is not their thing... B-)

again, it's not really the money difference in the tenders for just this one year. They want to extend him, for multiple years.... The 2nd rd tender is a poor negotiating starting point for the team. His value is a 5th rd tender for those purposes. And if they want to get a draft pick as an option, they won't get any team offering one at a 2nd rd tender. This way they gave the option of either taking the pick or matching since they were going to extend him anyway. Otherwise they are stuck paying a 2nd rd tender and negotiating within it. They need to offer the RFA tender so early on, before FA even starts its best to have options.

You are making a huge assumption that if the Bills had a 2nd round tender, the Pats would have signed him to a contract. That is a huge leap of faith.

Maybe I'm missing something...But I don't think anyone is assuming the Pats would give up 2nd Round Picks...That's the whole idea...You pay a little more to assure the player returns... B-)

It's really not surprising to see #BADOL all over this thread. After all, he thinks every RB on the roster is just as good as Shady anyway.

(here, I'll add a couple of :lol: :lol: and :doh: :doh: so you know it's not serious to me!)

Why you trollin' me? Kirby doesn't like it. Bandit doesn't like it. :flirt:

I laugh at the Bills mistakes because it's a game........the Bills are bad at it.....A clown show wouldn't be funny without some laughs. :thumbsup:

You do take this entirely too seriously eball.

It makes sense to let him go and take the pick if you are rebuilding.

Bills also paying a bridge QB 30 million over 2 years with 8.5 dead cap if they release next year.

Bills have no plan. They are just doing random things.

What else do you do when you don't have an elite franchise QB? You tool around until you get lucky, if you ever get lucky.

That's all the NFL is these days, teams with elite QB's, everyone else is a joke waiting to get lucky in the draft.

What are you talking about? :lol:

I said they should have tendered him higher so it would have been done and over. No way the Pats cough up a 2nd rounder for MG.

What else do you do when you don't have an elite franchise QB? You tool around until you get lucky, if you ever get lucky.

That's all the NFL is these days, teams with elite QB's, everyone else is a joke waiting to get lucky in the draft.

You don't sign a guy you need for one year with 8.5 million cap hit if he is released. Terrible contract. Most fans are looking at only cap hit year 1.

Everyone's argument is why don't we get a franchise QB... As if there is 0 focus on it. We only brought in like every single QB for a visit. I think we're looking into it guys.

It makes sense to let him go and take the pick if you are rebuilding.

Bills also paying a bridge QB 30 million over 2 years with 8.5 dead cap if they release next year.

Bills have no plan. They are just doing random things.

They may or may not have a plan. But losing a backup rb hardly indicates whether they do or not.

It's funny if the Bills had made a play for Butler it would be "The Patriots are going to fleece the Bills"

Instead the Patriots make an offer to a BACKUP RB and it's "The Patriots are going to fleece the Bills"

Doesn't matter what happens the Bills will always look bad b.c people are stupid.

This is becoming a trend - Hogan, Gilmore, Gillislee...

I guess we should take it as a compliment that Belichick thinks so highly of Bills players? friggin dick head.

This is starting to get aggravating though.

I feel like Belichick is almost trolling us at this point...

Maybe he's still pissed off about Rex Ryan talking all that smack? Or Bills fans taking out that billboard mocking Brady? Or shutting them out last year? lol j/k

We're the Pats farm team

The Bills haven't informed Gillislee of their final decision yet, but the first indication is they don't believe they'll match, per source.

They just got punched in the face so......being the weak willed Bills of same ol' I would certainly expect them to be staggered initially......as I'm sure the Pats do.

Fortunately they have some time to regain their composure.

Should be an easy decision to match it.

Just another poor play by the Bills but they have the right to not be stupid......I mean, match. :flirt:

again, it's not really the money difference in the tenders for just this one year. They want to extend him, for multiple years.... The 2nd rd tender is a poor negotiating starting point for the team. His value is a 5th rd tender for those purposes. And if they want to get a draft pick as an option, they won't get any team offering one at a 2nd rd tender. This way they gave the option of either taking the pick or matching since they were going to extend him anyway. Otherwise they are stuck paying a 2nd rd tender and negotiating within it. They need to offer the RFA tender so early on, before FA even starts its best to have options.

Well...This option leaves you without the player and a 5th...I think it was better safe than sorry...But that's just me...I said the same thing about Hogan...

I don't know...I'm actually dumbfounded by Bills fans being OK with losing that kid...to the freaking Pats...for a 5th round pick...I'm a little shocked to be honest...Mike was such a valuable tool...Folks can say what they want about RB's growing on trees and all...I think Mike brought it every week and he busted BIG runs...

Whatever...Just another day as a fan of a loser... B-)

That's why I'd have bypassed the RFA tenders and offered him a 2-year, $4.5M deal that was fully-guaranteed.

He'd have signed it because it's more money up front than the tenders, and you avoid this entire goofy situation.

Well...This option leaves you without the player and a 5th...I think it was better safe than sorry...But that's just me...I said the same thing about Hogan...

I don't know...I'm actually dumbfounded by Bills fans being OK with losing that kid...to the freaking Pats...for a 5th round pick...I'm a little shocked to be honest...Mike was such a valuable tool...Folks can say what they want about RB's growing on trees and all...I think Mike brought it every week and he busted BIG runs...

Whatever...Just another day as a fan of a loser... B-)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Contract goes to 18 million next year with 8.5 million dead cap hit if we cut him.

I'm aware of how it's structured. It was structured with the idea of keeping him on the roster, and freeing up cap space for 2017. if you cut him next year you can split 8.5 over two years. Or just restructure again...

Edited by dneveu