Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think we were beating the Patriots before this move so this doesn't really do much for me, I like Mike but if we lose him that means Jonathan Williams better step up or get him the F out of here. Why not go get Blount then? He'd be an excellent change of pace.

Hows he gonna step up when he gets suspended gor his dwi? Edited by Bill_with_it

If Gillislee is a dime a dozen backup RB, then why is the smartest Organization in football giving him 4 million dollars this year.

The smartest organization in football? They've had the greatest quarterback and the greatest head coach in NFL history together for nearly 20 years. That makes them the smartest organization?

that backup scored 9 TDs...

karlos also was a backup who scored 9 tds the previous year. Both 5th round picks. Im not a fan of the dime a dozen saying but backup rbs are not impossible to find especially behind our line. We already have jwill waiting and can use one of our 3 5ths on a rb in a deep draft. This if we even definately lose him.

I highly doubt a backup rb will determine whether we make the playoffs or not, there are many more important positions out there. Some people are ready to put mg up on the wall of fame

Have the Bills announced yet whether they will match?

I haven't seen the terms of the contract but I suspect it is frontloaded to prevent us from matching. Do we have the space if it is $4m or so this year? I think you take it up and then continue to try and negotiate a longer term deal to lower this year's hit if you need to.

Have the Bills announced yet whether they will match?

I haven't seen the terms of the contract but I suspect it is frontloaded to prevent us from matching. Do we have the space if it is $4m or so this year? I think you take it up and then continue to try and negotiate a longer term deal to lower this year's hit if you need to.

They have some cap space available to match the offer if only to send a message that things will be different going forward. The front office has got to be smarter. NE is playing the Bills as a minor league farm team. 'Calling up' a player when the need to fill a spot. Improving their team while weakening a division rival.

For starters they need to stop the practice of usually tendering the lowest possible offer to RFA's and offer what the player is actually worth. As events continue to expose incompetence I'm coming around to the conclusion by many here that Whaley needs to go ASAP.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Bills as AAA farm team for rest of league ... again. Woods, Hogan, Gilmore, the list is long. Peters, Levitre, Branch. All with winners or on-the rise teams. Now TD Mike. No surprises here.

The NFL should have a relegation scheme for the sh-tty franchises, like the English Premier League . You suck, you go down a level until you work your way back up to the big league.

At least unlike when they got Hogan ... we get a pick back on this one (granted 5th round .. we could of made it hurt more .. with better round tender .. but would of cost us more salary) ... I am in agreement with others ... although I like MG ...he was last season's Carlos Williams .... I think he's interchangeable .... losing MG is not like when we let Lynch go to Seattle for nothing years ago ... I want picks for this new regime under Coach M ... and Jonathan Williams tape from college was impressive ... and he was only one year removed from big time ankle injury .... hopefully he's better in '17. GO BILLS .... draft day coming soon! We are undefeated as we speak!!!

Bills as AAA farm team for rest of league ... again. Woods, Hogan, Gilmore, the list is long. Peters, Levitre, Branch. All with winners or on-the rise teams. Now TD Mike. No surprises here.

The NFL should have a relegation scheme for the sh-tty franchises, like the English Premier League . You suck, you go down a level until you work your way back up to the big league.

this is funny, ya cause the bills are the only team that loses their players. What a joke

MG's running style reminds me of one, and only one player: Fred Jackson. But MG is faster.

If the Bills were a competently-run organization - which they most certainly are NOT - they would match this in a heartbeat with the understanding that MG will compete with JWill and possibly a middle-round 2018 draft pick for the #1RB spot next year (Shady will not be back in 2018, I've become convinced).

But the Bills are not a competently-run organization. Putting aside the emotional bluster of Sea Biscuit and others, they have completely botched this situation yet again.

Consider that the three positions the Bills have lost/are on the verge of losing to NE are: WR, CB, RB. Does anyone doubt that those three positions will all be addressed by first and second round picks this year and next? Want to wager about that? If Leroi is to be believed (and I believe him), 3 of the top 5 on the Bills' big board are WR and CB...

I don't understand how people continue to defend stupidity and incompetence. But I suppose I should understand it - we seem to live in a society where people convince themselves of fairy tales on a daily basis.

MG's running style reminds me of one, and only one player: Fred Jackson. But MG is faster.

If the Bills were a competently-run organization - which they most certainly are NOT - they would match this in a heartbeat with the understanding that MG will compete with JWill and possibly a middle-round 2018 draft pick for the #1RB spot next year (Shady will not be back in 2018, I've become convinced).

But the Bills are not a competently-run organization. Putting aside the emotional bluster of Sea Biscuit and others, they have completely botched this situation yet again.

Consider that the three positions the Bills have lost/are on the verge of losing to NE are: WR, CB, RB. Does anyone doubt that those three positions will all be addressed by first and second round picks this year and next? Want to wager about that? If Leroi is to be believed (and I believe him), 3 of the top 5 on the Bills' big board are WR and CB...

I don't understand how people continue to defend stupidity and incompetence. But I suppose I should understand it - we seem to live in a society where people convince themselves of fairy tales on a daily basis.

or maybe because some people dont think hogan is our savior at wr or a backup rb is the most important, irreplaceable player on our team. Or paying 15 mil to gilmore while good is not worth top 5 money at his position when we can use that money to sign 5 other players

Yeah ,I remember when the P. Pirates in baseball were like that. Kept bringing along young players ,only to let them go. They would not pay anybody. They suffered for it big time. The question is can you replace Gilly with a 5th rounder ? He is proven to work here. It is a crap shoot. You can say ,he can easily be replaced. BUT you don`t know for sure. We have No other back to pick up the load when Shady gets dinged.

Sorry but you can't claim something isn't an argument if you have no good rebuttal for it.

Like I said, a lame appeal to authority. No one has to have done something before for it to be a good idea. Diuretics aren't prescribed because "everyone does it." They are prescribed because it's a good idea and they work.

You know all this.