Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a real qb. No team in the NFL should care this much about a backup RB.

That has nothing to do with the running game. The Bills running game was ELITE. There was no reason to tinker with it and they did. Felton was replaced by Dimarco and Tolbert with Gillislee maybe going (maybe not). You don't mess with your strengths if you can help it. MG was worth the extra $1M to this team.

If it were ANY other team that signed him, whatever, but BB will employ him at the right time in the right situation....He and Hogan will be the featured members of the offense against Buffalo (in Buffalo) and somehow....Gilmore will get a pick 6. It's going to be painful to watch. For most, this is why MG to New England hurts so bad.

you have some vision. you just gave me a good reason not to watch. that is absolutely the worst case scenario...the pain

don't get me wrong, that could play out that way, no doubt, but it may not happen either.

so I will watch and suffer. or there is that chance that we could be one or two of their losses?

gives me even more reason to watch...

That has nothing to do with the running game. The Bills running game was ELITE. There was no reason to tinker with it and they did. Felton was replaced by Dimarco and Tolbert with Gillislee maybe going (maybe not). You don't mess with your strengths if you can help it. MG was worth the extra $1M to this team.

Agree. Making all the wrong moves so far.

Go Bills !

Edited by Maury Ballstein

Again, these are not arguments. These are you saying it wouldn't happen. Which means nothing.

Sure they're arguments. If I'm saying no team would have tendered these 2 guys at the 2nd round level, you're supposed to provide evidence of teams doing it to similar players.

How often did Felton play last year?

Sure they're arguments. If I'm saying no team would have tendered these 2 guys at the 2nd round level, you're supposed to provide evidence of teams doing it to similar players.

Felton had a GREAT year last year (and I'm not a fan of keeping fullbacks). Don't get me wrong Dimarco is good but it was unnecessary.

Quite a bit.

Did you watch that game BADOL? On the opening possession of the game, the Skins scored a TD. The Bills' next series, Shady got 3 carries for 13 yards (4.3 YPC) but the Bills had to punt. The Skins proceeded to score another TD. The Bills get the ball and Shady had 1 run for 8 yards (5.25 YPC) but again they had to punt. The Skins score yet another TD. The game was over by that point.

Oh I saw the game.

Did you see the embarrassing McCoy sequence near the goal line in the second quarter when the Bills got a surprise turnover in Washington territory looked to have momentum to get back in the game?

Was it 3 carries for zero yards? Momentum squashed.

He has real issues in an area where most high production backs excel.....deep in the redzone.

See the initial drive in the Raiders game the year......after wisely letting MG handle the tough yards all year the Bills inexplicably chose to let Shady work inside the 10 yard line....he repeatedly turtled..... and they had to settle for a FG.

After that......TD Mike got the ball the rest of the game near the goal line like clockwork put it in the end zone.

Say what you want about my takes on Shady but he NEEDS what MG brings to the game.

It's not that easy to find a guy to be one of the league's best in short yardage/goal line but can also break off long TD runs and not have negative runs doing it.

Last year, elway tendered his starting RB CJ Anderson to an original round tender, which was UDFA. Miami signed him to a 4 year offer sheet, and elway matched. Elway's reasoning was he felt it was a good way to see what his market value was

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14980708/denver-broncos-match-offer-sheet-running-back-cj-anderson

Felton had a GREAT year last year (and I'm not a fan of keeping fullbacks). Don't get me wrong Dimarco is good but it was unnecessary.

He was stellar. But DiMarco is younger and more useful in the passing game. We get him for many years instead of re-upping an aging Felton for another year or two.

I get your point about not wanting to tinker with the run game too much, but I think it may speak to who they think really matters (O line, Shady) in the offense and may also indicate we won't live and die by the run on Dennison's offense.

No. I'm not. You're supposed to argue the principle. But you can't. So you're making these wacky pseudoarguments.

What do you mean similar? MG lead the NFL in ypa in 2016 and would have in 2015 if he qualified. It's extremely rare to have a RB produce on a per carry basis like that. Who is this comp?

There is a boxscore. No pass for offense please.

Shady is MVP. Gilleslie was great #2. It's over now.

Yet you give the defense a pass when they were healthy and even had their first round pick ready to play. Sure it's over. The Bills just got a little worse, again.

Mmmm that's too logical. Please stop talking sense around here.

This is likely how the team is thinking. Like the move or not ( I'm in the Not party)...this does make sense based on how the Bills value# must look for the backup rb position. It is not random or clowny. I'd have preffered the 2nd round tender still.

Edited by 34-78-83

Oh I saw the game.

Did you see the embarrassing McCoy sequence near the goal line in the second quarter when the Bills got a surprise turnover in Washington territory looked to have momentum to get back in the game?

Was it 3 carries for zero yards? Momentum squashed.

He has real issues in an area where most high production backs excel.....deep in the redzone.

See the initial drive in the Raiders game the year......after wisely letting MG handle the tough yards all year the Bills inexplicably chose to let Shady work inside the 10 yard line....he repeatedly turtled..... and they had to settle for a FG.

After that......TD Mike got the ball the rest of the game near the goal line like clockwork put it in the end zone.

Say what you want about my takes on Shady but he NEEDS what MG brings to the game.

It's not that easy to find a guy to be one of the league's best in short yardage/goal line but can also break off long TD runs and not have negative runs doing it.

Yeah, he couldn't punch it in from the 1 against the Skins, going up the middle all 3 times (maybe they should have run out of the shotgun, which is how MG got a lot of his short-yardage TDs). Wasn't even close to the reason they lost that game.

As for the Raiders game, Shady ran once inside the ten (9 yard line actually) on first down, gaining 3 yards, and then caught a 3 yard pass. They then passed on 3rd down and TT got sacked.