Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

He shouldn't have played the season-ending Jets game. It was meaningless except to Rex. As for the Miami game, Shady left the game with 25 minutes remaining in the game and the Bills up 10-6.

What is he a starting pitcher?

Is it safe to assume that you realize his stat line that day was 8 rushes for 11 yards? :lol:

I think it was universally accepted that he shouldn't have been out there.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He missed just one game entirely but he finished 2 others too injured to play(Miami and Jets). Shouldn't have tried to play that Miami game.....he was a liability that day. That was a huge loss. Changed trajectory of season for Bills and Dolphins. MG should have gotten all the snaps that day.

He shouldn't have played the season-ending Jets game. It was meaningless except to Rex. As for the Miami game, Shady left the game with 25 minutes remaining in the game and the Bills up 10-6. After he went out, MG had 3 carries for minus 1 yard.

What is he a starting pitcher?

Is it safe to assume that you realize his stat line that day was 8 rushes for 11 yards? :lol:

I think it was universally accepted that he shouldn't have been out there.

Again, when he left the game, the Bills were leading. There's no way to spin that one. :lol:

I don't think Williams is as good. He's shown nothing to think that.

Just like Gilly. Crazy to me how people just toss Williams aside because of his rookie year after seeing a guy like Gilly progress.

Williams college tape is insane. Also showed promise in preseason. It's not easy being a 3rd string RB as a rookie. You get no rhythm.

He shouldn't have played the season-ending Jets game. It was meaningless except to Rex. As for the Miami game, Shady left the game with 25 minutes remaining in the game and the Bills up 10-6. After he went out, MG had 3 carries for minus 1 yard.

Again, when he left the game, the Bills were leading. There's no way to spin that one. :lol:

Just to add to the first sentence, the Bills were up 17-6 when MG compiled those stats.

Just like Gilly. Crazy to me how people just toss Williams aside because of his rookie year after seeing a guy like Gilly progress.

Williams college tape is insane. Also showed promise in preseason. It's not easy being a 3rd string RB as a rookie. You get no rhythm.

Williams has potential, but unless he proves it on the field, you can't assume he'll reach it.

Just to add to the first sentence, the Bills were up 17-6 when MG compiled those stats.

Williams has potential, but unless he proves it on the field, you can't assume he'll reach it.

How is he supposed to prove it on the field without an opportunity?

I just hate that notion that if you are not a pro bowler your rookie year, you are a bum.

How is he supposed to prove it on the field without an opportunity?

I just hate that notion that if you are not a pro bowler your rookie year, you are a bum.

That's now what I'm saying at all.

Yeah.....the spin is they should have been leading by considerably more. Dolphins were making all kinds of mistakes in the first half and the Bills running game wasn't able to take advantage of it. Again, generally accepted as fact that his presence was a detriment that day.

The bottom line is that there are durability concerns. Not to be unexpected of a RB of his age but when you have a run-first offense and a RB1 with chronic hammy issues you need quality in reserve.

depends on what context you want to put it in.

has he ever had any injuries during his career/history?

I didn't show his tenure with philly, just his two seasons with the bills, which is now, history.

look man, he missed a game and (hamstring) 3 preseason games (2015) and one game (2016) due to yet another pulled hamstring. pretty common injury for a rb.

I don't need to get all technical here, history is just that, history. the way he runs/cuts his chances are very good he sees time lost on the field again due to injury. you can however, say that about any player but since the discussion has been about rb's I just put my opinion out there...

He missed 4 games in 2012 with the Eagles.

I dont think you are bery good with math. I have heard literally every head coach state that a game can swing on one play. 249 yards is the difference thats more than half of Goodwins total yards. Goodwin replaced 63% of hogans production.

Actually, my only fault was not comparing Hogan's 2015 numbers as a better measuring stick, seeing as it was the same offense Goodwin played in 2016 minus Sammy playing in 8 games compared 13 in 2015 with Hogan. (Which I followed up with several posts later)

In 2015 Hogan had the practically same yards with 450 yards, which actually is one less than Goodwin's 451, 1 fewer touchdowns with 2 compared to Goodwins 3,7 more receptions at 36 compared to Goodwin's 29, and less YPC at 12.5 in 2015 compared to Goodwin's 14.9 YPC in the Bills offense in 2016.

Seems like to me its the same production Hogan had as our 4th option here in Buffalo. I could care less what he did in New England, his numbers weren't world breaking, most of his big plays he wasn't even covered.

Edited by Captain Murica

My message to half of the posters on this thread:

Man up!

The patriots have so many here so beaten down. Overpaying for a backup rb just became the equivalent of the Herschel walker trade somehow. They're not gods.

Ej showed promise in pre season. Also Williams is likely facing a suspension for his DWI. Whos gonna be thr backup for the first 2-4 games?

I know, that's my point. It would have been cheaper to give him the 2nd round tender than to have to match this deal.

Foresight? In MY Bills?

Theory: BB does not need Gilislee. He's going to sign him, then cut him in camp.

Pats eat the cap penalty which barely matters because they have so much cap space.

Bills lose a talented player.

Thus the Bills are easier to beat.

Why couldn't we just re-sign him then?

Why have we beaten the Pats 3 times in 17 years if losing TD Mike is a difference maker?

Yeah.....the spin is they should have been leading by considerably more. Dolphins were making all kinds of mistakes in the first half and the Bills running game wasn't able to take advantage of it. Again, generally accepted as fact that his presence was a detriment that day.

The bottom line is that there are durability concerns. Not to be unexpected of a RB of his age but when you have a run-first offense and a RB1 with chronic hammy issues you need quality in reserve.

Spin is just what it is: spin. The bottom line is that they were leading going into the 4th quarter, MG couldn't do much on the ground, and the defense lost the game. It was a pretty common theme last year.