Chad Kelly: drafted by Denver

HOUSE

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a perfect story of human redemption. Stories sell. Kelly will be the only thing that can get fans interested. McDermott is a boring speaker. I expect a boring draft. This is needed.

Ok, here is the bet. If Kelly is drafted or signed by Buffalo as FA I win and you lose.

Winner gets to choose avatar for the loser for 1 month.

Sell what? If they take Kelly it's because they like him and his value of talent vs that point of the draft. That's it. Tickets don't matter in the NFL anymore. The Bills haven't had any trouble selling tickets throughout the entire drought. Fans go because the tickets are cheap and it's a tailgate. This isn't 1985 Edited by Boatdrinks

Sell what? If they take Kelly it's because they like him and his value of talent vs that point of the draft. That's it. Tickets don't matter in the NFL anymore. The Bills haven't had any trouble selling tickets throughout the entire drought. Fans go because the tickets are cheap and it's a tailgate. This isn't 1985[/quote and well ya know ;)

Kelly on WGR. He and his agent are hearing anywhere from Rd 2-5. I've said late second early third all year long.

Can't wait to see what happens.

i guess seeing how the qbs come off the board will give a hint as to where he'll get picked. i for one sure hope we bring him in.

Kelly on WGR. He and his agent are hearing anywhere from Rd 2-5. I've said late second early third all year long.

Can't wait to see what happens.

i'm afraid if there is a run on qbs from 12 to 32, those teams picking high in the second round could snag him.

Frankly, this would be the worst place for him to land. Too many demons for a leadership position. You can get away with it if you weren't going to be the future face of the franchise. I think he flames out early from the pressure, especially in Buffalo.

Frankly, this would be the worst place for him to land. Too many demons for a leadership position. You can get away with it if you weren't going to be the future face of the franchise. I think he flames out early from the pressure, especially in Buffalo.

I disagree, provided T T performs well in the new O which I believe he will, Chad Kelly becomes a long term project that would have very little imediate pressure.

Frankly, I don't think Kelly worries about pressures from playing football.

Other than showing up to his Pro day, the Bills haven't shown much interest publicly in Chad Kelly. Probably a smoke screen thing. Keep other teams thinking they are disinterested. I mean Uncle Jim was a cocky SOB back in the day too...and look how he turned out. and his nephew grew up wearing Bills gear. Chad is talented for sure and would be totally invested in a reboot to his reputation and career w/ Buffalo. I say grab him.

Sell what? If they take Kelly it's because they like him and his value of talent vs that point of the draft. That's it. Tickets don't matter in the NFL anymore. The Bills haven't had any trouble selling tickets throughout the entire drought. Fans go because the tickets are cheap and it's a tailgate. This isn't 1985

Sabres sell out every game. Near the end of the year I noticed tickets dropping below 10 on Stubhub. What do you know? Everyone is fired and replaced. This stuff does matter. When fans lose interest that's when people get fired. Bills must have a computer that monitors customer sentiment because it's uncanny how the firings happen right after loss of fan interest.

Sal Maiorana Retweeted War Is For Profit

Kelly? What is the fascination with Kelly? There isn't another fan base in the NFL clamoring for him. I'm not even sure he'll be drafted

Sal Maiorana Retweeted Iván Llano

No. The last place Kelly needs to be is buffalo. I hope he gets a shot somewhere but he needs to make his own mark, not follow his uncle

Sal Maiorana Retweeted War Is For Profit

Kelly? What is the fascination with Kelly? There isn't another fan base in the NFL clamoring for him. I'm not even sure he'll be drafted

No. The last place Kelly needs to be is buffalo. I hope he gets a shot somewhere but he needs to make his own mark, not follow his uncle

Sal is pathetic.

Look, I LOVE Jim Kelly... But he was no saint when he was younger... Not even a little bit... Chad's got issues, no doubt, but he deserves a chance to work them out... Look for the Pats to move on him Rds 3-5.

Sal is pathetic.

I believe the word you are looking for is "correct"

As in: Sal is correct.

Coming home is likely not the answer for a guy with his baggage. Getting back into shenanigans with high school friends and his enablers is no good.

If only he had a guy like Patrick peterson is for honey badger-- live with him, mentor him, get him away from bad influences. Kelly is a real long shot and it's only a harder road here

Sabres sell out every game. Near the end of the year I noticed tickets dropping below 10 on Stubhub. What do you know? Everyone is fired and replaced. This stuff does matter. When fans lose interest that's when people get fired. Bills must have a computer that monitors customer sentiment because it's uncanny how the firings happen right after loss of fan interest.

Firings happen because of the performance. Fan interest wanes when the performance is disappointing compared to expectations. There's nothing uncanny about it. Tickets dropped because the games became meaningless as the team underperformed. Hockey is a much more ticket driven league than the NFL and comparisons between the two are not necessarily valid. Different business model altogether.

I believe the word you are looking for is "correct"

As in: Sal is correct.

Coming home is likely not the answer for a guy with his baggage. Getting back into shenanigans with high school friends and his enablers is no good.

If only he had a guy like Patrick peterson is for honey badger-- live with him, mentor him, get him away from bad influences. Kelly is a real long shot and it's only a harder road here

Good points NoSaint,

I never really thought about it that way.

On the other hand If I had J K for an uncle and wanted to pursue a career in pro football,

Let me start over, if I had J K as a uncle the time spent with him would really be important to me.

Playing for the Bills makes it easier for both of them in my humble opinion.

and brings a very interesting QB prospect to Buffalo...

...I'm a Billiever...

This guy is loser and would be a waste of a pick, only thing he has name

Have you seen him play? He has been a knucklehead and apparently has been a douche but he is a really good QB.

just going off his game play, he is my #1 QB this year. (And this is after starting off as a doubter). I hope we draft him, sit him behind Tyrod for a year as he recovers and then he will win the QB job next year.

Good points NoSaint,

I never really thought about it that way.

On the other hand If I had J K for an uncle and wanted to pursue a career in pro football,

Let me start over, if I had J K as a uncle the time spent with him would really be important to me.

Playing for the Bills makes it easier for both of them in my humble opinion.

and brings a very interesting QB prospect to Buffalo...

...I'm a Billiever...

Unfortunately JK has been part of the group around him already and it hasn't worked yet. I won't say its impossible but the light has to come on for Chad and none of us have a reason to believe it has or will beyond "wouldn't it be a cool story"

Extra fifth take him. Would be funny if the pats gave us the franchise savior with the gilly trade and we have 20 years of susccess thanks to them. And nobody is taking a qb with all the injuries and baggage before the fifth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you seen him play? He has been a knucklehead and apparently has been a douche but he is a really good QB.

just going off his game play, he is my #1 QB this year. (And this is after starting off as a doubter). I hope we draft him, sit him behind Tyrod for a year as he recovers and then he will win the QB job next year.

He's not that good. Sure he has the arm but nothing between the ears. The job is more than chucking a ball.

Name a douche that's been successful at QB in the NFL. Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford...Douches?

Name a douche that's been successful at QB in the NFL. Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford...Douches?

Ben Rothlesburger (current)

Dan Marino (old school) dropped in the draft based on rumors he was dealing coke at school.

Edited by Guffalo

Rivers and Rodgers--huge douches.

Cutler--THE douche.

Is this rhetorical? Aaron Rodgers is a big douche. Kelly's uncle was too.

He's not that good. Sure he has the arm but nothing between the ears. The job is more than chucking a ball.

He makes great throws into tight windows. He will make some mistakes like every QB but he has the goods to win in the NFL. Better than any others in this class.

Just wanted to state it on the boards. I've saved the link so I can come back to it in a couple years