Chad Kelly: drafted by Denver

HOUSE

I can't think of anyone outside of Kyle.

I did go look, and I found this

'16 Jonathan Williams

'15 Karlos Williams

'14Cyril Richardson

'13Jonathan Meeks

'12Zebrie Sanders, Tank Carder

'11Johnny White

'10Ed Wang

Chad would not be out of place in this group?. But Wang was supposed to be special too, right?

Edited by 145B4IDIE

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did go look, and I found this

'16 Jonathan Williams

'15 Karlos Williams

'14Cyril Richardson

'13Jonathan Meeks

'12Zebrie Sanders, Tank Carder

'11Johnny White

'10Ed Wang

Chad would not be out of place in this group?. But Wang was supposed to be special too, right?

Only for being Chinese. And out of that group, only Jonathan Williams is still around. For now.

Question: would you feel differently about Chad Kelly if he missed a voluntary workout to attend his kid's birthday party?

Absolutely! . Not sure who you're directing this query to... but, yeah. What is your point? You going to compare an (as yet undrafted prospect) to a proven pro-bowler.... potential HOFer?

I've watched his tape, and he's not very good.

He's a scatter shot QB, as Greg Cosell would say. What the hell does that mean?

It means he throws the ball hard, but with poor accuracy and little precision.

I watched his quick interview he did the other day after his pro day and his attitude rubs me the wrong way. I can't see a guy like this being the "man" on and off the field. Oh, BTW, he's clearly lying when asked how many teams he's lined up to visit. Can't blame him and his agent for trying to fake interest, but that body language was a dead give away.....that there's no interest at all. See for yourself:

Honestly he looked fine to me. Said all the right things. Still think he's going UDFA at best.

He seemed fine to me as well. Certainly seemed a little down given what happened. Can't catch a break. I think he is an intriguing prospect. Great tools, but has been erratic to me in the games I have seen him play. Big question is if he has the head for the game at the next level. I hope he gets his shot, but I think Buffalo is probably the worst place for him.

I utterly refuse to believe people are not paying attention to his name.

As I have pointed out before, I have seen fans blast our own players for bone head behavior and call for said players to be cut.

As far as Dak, I don't think the DUI hurt him all that much. I didn't see to many people having him going before the third round. If anything maybe it bumped him down a bit...

Look at what came out about Tunsil an hour or so before the draft, didn't cause him to totally tumble.

So I can't see a DUI having knocking Dak down from a possible first/second round guy all the way the the fourth

I wouldn't mind seeing a late round shot at him. The off field issues and Injury, especially the wrist will make many teams back away. The kid has talent but what I fear most is will his immature attitude create a sense of entitlement due to the family name and what it's meant to this organization?

Hell, would it be a great storyline that the nephew of the QB that brought us to glory eventually takes over and leads us to greatness again... sure. Could it happen... maybe. Likely... not so much

TT is good, but not the type that's going to get us where we want to be. Cardale is still not ready and who knows if he will ever be that guy. We need a 3rd QB anyway so why not

I thought he handled that interview pretty well. It's obvious that he is frustrated by the wrist injury setback. I was impressed with his response to the question on how he compared to the other quarterbacks in the draft...he said that he felt they were all talented, but that he was confident in his own abilities. The only thing I thought a bit odd was when they asked him who he was leaning on for support/guidance etc., and he said his 16 year old brother...other than that though, I took away that he is a guy that is truly remorseful for his past mistakes, wants to move on with his life and is not expecting anything to be handed to him, only a shot to get on an NFL roster and show what he can do. I truly hope he's able to get himself together and succeed. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills give him a shot, especially considering that now I don't think he would cost more than a 5th/6th/7th round draft pick, if even that. I still find it difficult to believe that SOME team isn't going to pull the trigger on him earlier than he should probably go.

I wouldn't mind seeing a late round shot at him. The off field issues and Injury, especially the wrist will make many teams back away. The kid has talent but what I fear most is will his immature attitude create a sense of entitlement due to the family name and what it's meant to this organization?

Hell, would it be a great storyline that the nephew of the QB that brought us to glory eventually takes over and leads us to greatness again... sure. Could it happen... maybe. Likely... not so much

TT is good, but not the type that's going to get us where we want to be. Cardale is still not ready and who knows if he will ever be that guy. We need a 3rd QB anyway so why not

Agree with you on pretty much all your points. I honestly wouldn't be upset to see the Bills draft Mahomes early, then still take Kelly if he's there round 6 or 7. I would have no problems with that. I agree that we know what we have with Tyrod, and Cardale is still an unknown...

Highly recruited. local kid. 4X pp&k champ, JUCO national championship, Sugar Bowl MVP. Above and beyond his last name, these things are worthy of many of us paying attention. I still follow Naaman Roosevelt in the CFL, for instance. Anyone with a WNY connection for that matter. Boneheaded might be OK in the locker room as long as he is a good teammate and will take to coaching. Seems to have some leadership qualities in a Victor Franco kind of way.

Agreed. If he wasn't related to Jim Kelly there'd be no discussion of him anywhere.

Yea, your probably right. The leading passer in the SEC in 2015 and leading again in 2016 until his knee injury. And we need a QB for the future but your probably right, no one would even mention him. Really astute analysis.

If the Bills take a QB #1, they won't take a second QB in the draft....unless they have given up on Cardale. Now, Cardale was not a mature pro last year, and has a lot a growing up to do.......but I am guessing he gets one season with the new administration before he would be let go as a bust. But, if the Bills do not sign a free agent QB and don't draft a QB high, then a late round QB makes a lot of sense...as they need one more body. It would be interesting if C Kelly were that alternative......of course, there will be a fourth arm for camp, but that one always goes away....or, sometimes, to the practice squad.

I utterly refuse to believe people are not paying attention to his name.

As I have pointed out before, I have seen fans blast our own players for bone head behavior and call for said players to be cut.

As far as Dak, I don't think the DUI hurt him all that much. I didn't see to many people having him going before the third round. If anything maybe it bumped him down a bit...

Look at what came out about Tunsil an hour or so before the draft, didn't cause him to totally tumble.

So I can't see a DUI having knocking Dak down from a possible first/second round guy all the way the the fourth

The difference is that Tunsil was exceptionally talented and most projected him to be a great pro despite his college idiocy.

Chad's had injury problems, on-the-field problems, off-the-field problems. It's not a profile that says 'franchise QB.'

If the Bills take a QB #1, they won't take a second QB in the draft....unless they have given up on Cardale. Now, Cardale was not a mature pro last year, and has a lot a growing up to do.......but I am guessing he gets one season with the new administration before he would be let go as a bust. But, if the Bills do not sign a free agent QB and don't draft a QB high, then a late round QB makes a lot of sense...as they need one more body. It would be interesting if C Kelly were that alternative......of course, there will be a fourth arm for camp, but that one always goes away....or, sometimes, to the practice squad.

I pretty much agree with this. We've already drafted a QB: Cardale. Let the new coaching staff get one year to work with him. Given that this is a QB-poor draft anyway, let's not draft a QB this year - or maybe only in the later rounds if a QB is BPA.

If TT and Cardale both disappoint the coaches this year, let's make drafting a QB a high priority next year.

At this point I can't see him getting drafted. We will wait until next year and draft a guy high I feel. McDermott knows TT is not the answer, neither is Jones.

Did you have dinner with him too?

Edited by PromoTheRobot