Chad Kelly: drafted by Denver

HOUSE

Just for arguments sake, I see many here who want Watson at 10 because "look at how good he did against Alabama twice". Those are many of the same people who say Kelly sucks and if his name was something else we wouldn't even mention him. Let's look at his stats versus Alabama and LSU, who have the most NFL defensive players.

2015 At Alabama 18-33 341 yards 3 td 0 int 8 rush 21 yards 1 td

H LSU 19-34 280 yards 2 td 0 int 12 rush 81 yards 2 td

2016 H Alabama 26-40 421 yards 3 td 0 int 14 rush 43 yards 0 td

At LSU 20-33 218 yards 1 td 2 int 12 rush 56 yards 0 td

3 really good games out of 4. To say that Watson is a top 10 pick and Kelly sucks or has no talent is crazy. Yes, he is an idiot, but if anyone thinks that he doesn't have the potential to be a franchise QB then they haven't really watched him. He has 10 times the arm talent of Watson and is almost as good a runner.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I am not for censorship at all... but can we close this thread. Chad Kelly is not coming here. The Bills are trying to prop him up as a favor to Jim Kelly. The Bills are not drafting him....case closed. The pressure on him would be to great and he is a jerk (that is 2 strikes)

The Bills want to prop him up so maybe the someone will take him and waste a pick or better yet, bait someone to trade up for him with Bills Pick in the 5th round (strike 3... not coming here)... But really is it clear to me he is going to Cleveland in the 6th.

Edited by Iraq Vet

Just for arguments sake, I see many here who want Watson at 10 because "look at how good he did against Alabama twice". Those are many of the same people who say Kelly sucks and if his name was something else we wouldn't even mention him. Let's look at his stats versus Alabama and LSU, who have the most NFL defensive players.

2015 At Alabama 18-33 341 yards 3 td 0 int 8 rush 21 yards 1 td

H LSU 19-34 280 yards 2 td 0 int 12 rush 81 yards 2 td

2016 H Alabama 26-40 421 yards 3 td 0 int 14 rush 43 yards 0 td

At LSU 20-33 218 yards 1 td 2 int 12 rush 56 yards 0 td

3 really good games out of 4. To say that Watson is a top 10 pick and Kelly sucks or has no talent is crazy. Yes, he is an idiot, but if anyone thinks that he doesn't have the potential to be a franchise QB then they haven't really watched him. He has 10 times the arm talent of Watson and is almost as good a runner.

Right, but if he's not smart enough to realize he's throwing it all away then he's not smart enough to lead an NFL team. What good is potential if you don't do something with it? The future has always been in his hands and he's messing it up.

Well his Uncle did pretty well while surrounded by and partying with his buddies. It's what happens on the field that counts as long as no laws are broken.

I like it when someone takes an objective approach. Thank you

He's going to be UDFA....so he signs with us since he gets to choose right? He's a lifelong Bills fan and knows this is one of the better situations with Taylor basically on a leash and nothing behind him.

He will put the "mafia" in #billsmafia.

The team also gets to choose. If Kelly did want in if he were a UDFA, doesn't mean the Bills open the door. I doubt Kelly winds up in Buff as a UDFA or draft pick.

Ok I am not for censorship at all... but can we close this thread. Chad Kelly is not coming here. The Bills are trying to prop him up as a favor to Jim Kelly. The Bills are not drafting him....case closed. The pressure on him would be to great and he is a jerk (that is 2 strikes)

The Bills want to prop him up so maybe the someone will take him and waste a pick or better yet, bait someone to trade up for him with Bills Pick in the 5th round (strike 3... not coming here)... But really is it clear to me he is going to Cleveland in the 6th.

I approve of this message!

Chad Ocho Cinco could use a QB in the Mexican Football League, Chad be great down there.

The team also gets to choose. If Kelly did want in if he were a UDFA, doesn't mean the Bills open the door. I doubt Kelly winds up in Buff as a UDFA or draft pick.

Chad be foolish to sign here. As he's already had some law problems here, toss in pressures to live up to his uncle's name and pressure playing for his hometown. I also think he's over hyped as a prospect so rather he go elsewhere.

Depending on trades and acquiring additional draft picks, I would take a flyer on him round 5 or 6. I think he could be the real 'wild card' in this year's draft. If we can find some extra picks, after filling some needs, and have an extra 5th?..meh, why not?

Too many holes to fill to get to fancy.

hey, here's an idea: let's Not talk about Chad 'cancer' Kelly. How about that?

....yup, this azzclown needs to go away.....would not even be relevant if it wasn't for his uncle......and if he was stupid enough to piss away potential millions because if his antics, so be it.....Wendy's drive thru is hiring.......

You know this how?

....yup, this azzclown needs to go away.....would not even be relevant if it wasn't for his uncle......and if he was stupid enough to piss away potential millions because if his antics, so be it.....Wendy's drive thru is hiring.......

I am not debating that Chad Kelly has some growing up to do

Im just saying that JIM Kelly had some growing up to do when HE was a young qb for the bills......I am sure a lot of you have heard the stories.

You know this how?

Im just saying that JIM Kelly had some growing up to do when HE was a young qb for the bills......I am sure a lot of you have heard the stories.

...understand what you're saying....at the same time, Jimbo STILL has some growing up to do.....he was gonna buy the Bills with "his group"?....seriously?....he had squat......and things have markedly changed from 1983 to now as far as player profiles.....and his nephew is a woeful failure as far as respecting the game and pissing away the potential for millions...Ron White said, "you can't fix stupid"....there you go Chad........

You know this how?

It has nothing to do with Jim Kelly. It has everything to do with Chad Kelly. Each being their own man and taking responsibility for their own lives. I really hate the way the Jim Kelly connection is being used like it has some kind of affect on how Chad turns out.

...understand what you're saying....at the same time, Jimbo STILL has some growing up to do.....he was gonna buy the Bills with "his group"?....seriously?....he had squat......and things have markedly changed from 1983 to now as far as player profiles.....and his nephew is a woeful failure as far as respecting the game and pissing away the potential for millions...Ron White said, "you can't fix stupid"....there you go Chad........

For a little perspective, Dak Prescott got a DUI a couple weeks before the draft. Which is worse: that or what Kelly has done? And sure he's cost himself millions, but with the ACL injury, that was going to happen anyway.

For a little perspective, Dak Prescott got a DUI a couple weeks before the draft. Which is worse: that or what Kelly has done? And sure he's cost himself millions, but with the ACL injury, that was going to happen anyway.

Football teams would take Dak any day over Kelly. The DUI was a one time incident and that can be forgiven. Kelly has a history of not making good decisions. Dak's intangibles and leadership were through the roof. Kelly does not have those qualities.

That being said, I would take Kelly with a 6th round pick as a lottery ticket and tell him he needs to put in the work or he is cut.

A lot of college players did stupid stuff, well all know that.

However, the pattern of behavior is astonishing. The lack of fear of repercussions is what the issue is.

Yes, chalk it up to your personal behavior as a kid... then tell your self, where you a scholarship athlete with a historic family name and behaving that way.

Getting kicked off of one team, getting yet, another great opportunity at Ole Miss and still acting like a punk...

I have watched this fan base tear apart Dareus for repeated drug offense, but yeah, Kelly gets a pass because we are so desperate for a QB?

Sounds like a lot of cherry picking to me.

Football teams would take Dak any day over Kelly. The DUI was a one time incident and that can be forgiven. Kelly has a history of not making good decisions. Dak's intangibles and leadership were through the roof. Kelly does not have those qualities.

That being said, I would take Kelly with a 6th round pick as a lottery ticket and tell him he needs to put in the work or he is cut.

A lot of college players did stupid stuff, well all know that.

However, the pattern of behavior is astonishing. The lack of fear of repercussions is what the issue is.

Yes, chalk it up to your personal behavior as a kid... then tell your self, where you a scholarship athlete with a historic family name and behaving that way.

Getting kicked off of one team, getting yet, another great opportunity at Ole Miss and still acting like a punk...

I have watched this fan base tear apart Dareus for repeated drug offense, but yeah, Kelly gets a pass because we are so desperate for a QB?

Sounds like a lot of cherry picking to me.

Chad's been a repeat bonehead to be sure, but that one time thing for Dak happened a couple weeks before the most important even of his football career, to that point. And as a result he dropped all the way to the end of the 4th round whereas he'd probably have been a late 1st/early 2nd.

But I don't see a 5th rounder as a bad gamble on him. It's essentially a throwaway pick and he won't be paid much and can be dumped with almost no repercussions. Since TT is here for at least another year, stash him on the PUP list and get him some game action later in the year.

Anybody in this thread,(or on this board) that can't look back on their life and tell me they didn't have had some growing up to do?

Chad's been a repeat bonehead to be sure, but that one time thing for Dak happened a couple weeks before the most important even of his football career, to that point. And as a result he dropped all the way to the end of the 4th round whereas he'd probably have been a late 1st/early 2nd.

But I don't see a 5th rounder as a bad gamble on him. It's essentially a throwaway pick and he won't be paid much and can be dumped with almost no repercussions. Since TT is here for at least another year, stash him on the PUP list and get him some game action later in the year.

I'm not looking it up but if someone could list all Bills 5th rounders still on the roster It would be cool.

Anybody in this thread,(or on this board) that can't look back on their life and tell me they didn't have had some growing up to do?

I'm not looking it up but if someone could list all Bills 5th rounders still on the roster It would be cool.

I can't think of anyone outside of Kyle.