Chad Kelly: drafted by Denver

HOUSE

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If his last name wasn't Kelly, no Bills fan would have any interest in him whatsoever.

That's all I'll say.

If he lasts until the 7th, take a flyer. Otherwise, stay away.

Please. He showed talent at Ole Miss. And if Dak could get drafted in the 4th after getting a DUI right before the draft...

...I think Buffalo could be the best place for him in the entire league with Jim and the rest of the family to keep him in order and remind him what type of young man he needs to be to fulfill his dream.

That really has not been working so far to curb his bad behavior (which reportedly goes back to his high school days). Why do you think that being near his family will make any difference now, especially with all of the additional pressure of being expected to be as good or better than Uncle Jim?

@JonScottTV

Chad Kelly felt sharp pain in right wrist after just 17 throws. X-Rays negative. Taking some time now to see how it feels & may still throw

Bad news bears.

@tonypauline

Teammates have told people the wrist injury to Kelly looks significant

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-april-3-mississippi

5th round take him. Worth the risk.

nope. he's out of all rounds with this injury. He was a seriously HIGH RISK prior to this due to his character issues. Now with this, a huge health risk as well? Only 2 teams can save Chad - Bill Belicheat and God. One's good. the other ultimate evil. Either way he has to sell his soul. LMAO.

Kelly here in Buffalo would be a disaster for both sides.

Way too much pressure on the kid having that name, combined with a known partier being surrounded by his hometown buddies.

Well his Uncle did pretty well while surrounded by and partying with his buddies. It's what happens on the field that counts as long as no laws are broken.

like the time they got in a scuffle at a bar with magic johnson's bodyguard during super bowl week

how'd that turn out ?.....ah, good times.

for every troublemaker who straightens out their lives, there are 10 who keep screwing up

For me character is always a tough issue when dealing with projecting a player's future success...

First of all let me say this,...his talent is undeniable. With that said, I think Buffalo could be the best place for him in the entire league with Jim and the rest of the family to keep him in order and remind him what type of young man he needs to be to fulfill his dream.

Not sure if the third is the right time, but I believe his talent is way above the 5th round value.

If this is true why not just pick him up for free after he flames out with the team that drafts him.

Guest NeckBeard

If this is true why not just pick him up for free after he flames out with the team that drafts him.

He might come for nothing, in general. He flamed out of his pro day yesterday: with a wrist issue. Even Ryan Leaf had the courtesy to make his pro day seem like a real thing. If his name was Chad Guy, nobody in WNY would give a stink.

He's flawed on the field. Flawed off the field. He probably wouldn't make the team. And that could piss off his HOF uncle.

The very small likelihood that something good would happen by drafting him is outweighed by the greater probability that something bad would happen.

Given the long odds of him developing into a worthy starter, I just don't know why we'd bother.

@tonypauline

Teammates have told people the wrist injury to Kelly looks significant

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-april-3-mississippi

Whew. Maybe we don't have to trade up from 10 to get him.

5th round take him. Worth the risk.

Long rap sheet, thrown off his college team once, bum knee, now bum throwing hand...what's not to like?

He's going to be UDFA....so he signs with us since he gets to choose right? He's a lifelong Bills fan and knows this is one of the better situations with Taylor basically on a leash and nothing behind him.

He will put the "mafia" in #billsmafia.

Edited by r00tabaga

He's going to be UDFA....so he signs with us since he gets to choose right? He's a lifelong Bills fan and knows this is one of the better situations with Taylor basically on a leash and nothing behind him.

He will put the "mafia" in #billsmafia.

I don't want him even as an UDFA. I don't want living legend, Jim Kelly, calling head coach, Sean McDermott, asking why his nephew isn't getting more reps in practice.

For me character is always a tough issue when dealing with projecting a player's future success...

First of all let me say this,...his talent is undeniable. With that said, I think Buffalo could be the best place for him in the entire league with Jim and the rest of the family to keep him in order and remind him what type of young man he needs to be to fulfill his dream.

Not sure if the third is the right time, but I believe his talent is way above the 5th round value.

Agree with all your points. I think getting him in the 4th or 5th round is reasonable.