Brady's Legacy

I know, this board is quite sickening right now. I can't dispute the Pats results either. I'm just personally not in any mood to write about how amazing the Pats franchise is. Apparently not everyone share my sentiment.

The refs always do in the Super Bowl. Remember the Giants games? It's just the other 18 games he plays you're not allowed to breathe on him. Do you remember some of the insane roughing the passer penalties we've been charged with against Brady over the years?

Did you watch the AFCC game last year? Denver pummeled him.

"Over the years" Fitz drew a higher rate of RTP flags than Brady.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An all-time great team still at the top of their powers= a chance for someone to make a name for themselves.

Who has it in them?

The Patriots are our generation's 49ers (5 Super Bowl titles). Look at the 49ers now.

Other than a few years with Harbaugh they have been a joke since Montana and Young left.

These things go in cycles. I remember thinking the 49ers would never stop winning. Dallas also had a little run in there, which probably stopped them from getting 6 or 7.

Who's next? Anybody?

Edited by TheFunPolice

Why are you here? Not trying to be a jerk. Seriously, why would you want to come on a bills board? Just curious.

They come here because they know their legacy is tainted. Imagine if Norwood made the winning SB kick only to find out the Bills had tampered with the ball and that it was under-inflated?

Hell on a side note, I mean we all saw Parcells call a TO, start screaming at head official Jerry Seaman, in that time could a harder ball been swapped out? I'm curious to know the plight of the ball. Have we had a chance to investigate the PSI to ensure Belichick & Parcells didn't over-inflate it?

We live in a world where almost everyone cheats. We buy into conspiracy theories because of the blatant evidence that comes up every day. Maybe someday Wikileaks will hack a Patriots email or server and uncover a wealth of knowledge dating back to the 2000 SpyGate. Goodell ordered the evidence be burned at Foxboro so we'll never know to what extent the Patriots cheating mechanism favored them. I find it curious though that with Matt Cassel they go 11-5, if Brady is the GOAT. Manning goes down and the Colts went 1-15.

Edited by Dr.Sack

Did you watch the AFCC game last year? Denver pummeled him.

"Over the years" Fitz drew a higher rate of RTP flags than Brady.

Fair enough. I'll change my statement to being you can't touch him in the regular season. Exceptions seem to be made to this rule when the Pats are playing other contenders such as the Steelers or Broncos in recent seasons. I'm not questioning Brady's greatness. I'm just saying he is definitely protected by refs. I've felt like never watching the NFL again after some of the penalties we've been flagged for against Brady over the years.

I think this most recent super bowl hurts Brady's legacy. This is his second super bowl win where the other team lost the game more than he won it. In a few years, no one will remember that Brady and Belichek set records. They'll remember the Falcons and Seahawks choking the game away. Kinda like how no one outside of the 716/585 even remembers who the Bills played in Super Bowl XXV. They just remember the Bills and wide right.

I think this most recent super bowl hurts Brady's legacy. This is his second super bowl win where the other team lost the game more than he won it. In a few years, no one will remember that Brady and Belichek set records. They'll remember the Falcons and Seahawks choking the game away. Kinda like how no one outside of the 716/585 even remembers who the Bills played in Super Bowl XXV. They just remember the Bills and wide right.

You could argue that the Bills 4 straight losses were more memorable than whoever they lost to. I don't even remember those teams anymore.

Brady was in a lose-lose situation. Win the SB, Falcons choke job. Lose the SB, 4-3 drops him squarely below Montana even if he wins 4 more.

Edited by FireChan

You think brady is juiced? I don't know, he isn't jacked at all and he is known to take ridiculous care of his body. He also has the best work ethic in the league. I wouldn't be shocked if he was juiced up, but I would be a bit surprised

He's not juiced on body building crap but high tech youth extension. QBs in the NFL don't play at his level at his age without some secret sauce. He's still the best QB ever though. I just think he found the fountain of youth in some test tube.

How many times were Brady and Ryan "touched" last night? How many flags were thrown as a result.

This continues to be the dumbest comment people make about the good old days vs today.

Agreed. Brady got sacked five times, hit other times. And they were decent shots by 300 lb DTs.

The main difference between old and current is the defensive holding call. All three against Atlanta were valid calls now but probably none of them are made pre-Belichick.

How anybody could say Brady is the greatest quarterback every is beyond me. He is the greatest quarterback in the modern era of football where you can't touch the quarterback without drawing a flag, where you can't touch a receiver beyond 5 yards without drawing a flag. Place Brady back in the day of Elway, Kelly, Marino, Montana, etc. and lets see what kind of numbers he puts up.

You are not too legit to quit. So please do it.

How anybody could say Brady is the greatest quarterback every is beyond me. He is the greatest quarterback in the modern era of football where you can't touch the quarterback without drawing a flag, where you can't touch a receiver beyond 5 yards without drawing a flag. Place Brady back in the day of Elway, Kelly, Marino, Montana, etc. and lets see what kind of numbers he puts up.

Easy, we watch him play. I would have bet everything I own on Brady going right down the field and scoring the final drive of the 4th and opening drive of OT. I'm sure I'm not alone in that type of thinking. How many QB's in history would you expect that from. In my lifetime, maybe Montana, but that's it.

He's not juiced on body building crap but high tech youth extension. QBs in the NFL don't play at his level at his age without some secret sauce. He's still the best QB ever though. I just think he found the fountain of youth in some test tube.

Fair enough, quite possibly

Wow, most will remember it as the greatest comeback inSB history, as that's how the NFL will promote it. So in 15 years what will be remembered is the Pats came back from 25 points down and won the SB! No one will remember a bad play call here or there, now had say the Falcons thrown an INT in the end zone at the end of the game or missed a last second FG you may be right but this will go down as an epic comeback.

that's just crazy talk. I think it further cements his legacy as the greatest modern day QB. It's uncanny how he always delivers in the clutch. He's better than Montana in my opinion. Part of that comes from watching Montana's skills deteriorate at the end of his career, which happens to everyone eventually, but hasn't happened to Brady yet. It will be interesting if we ever get to see him play with diminished skills.

I don't want him to retire.......I want the Bills to retire him on the turf in "The Hole That Ralph Dug" or whatever we are calling Rich Stadium now. :devil:

Like Montana's head bouncing off the turf in 1993 AFC Championship.......knocking him senseless and effectively ending his last real chance at another SB with a rousing headache. :thumbsup:

Or ending the hated Don Shula's coaching career with 353 yards rushing in a blowout playoff game!

We have gotten closure before and we will get a chance each of the next couple seasons at least.

Get some! :thumbsup:

I don't want him to retire.......I want the Bills to retire him on the turf in "The Hole That Ralph Dug" or whatever we are calling Rich Stadium now. :devil:

Like Montana's head bouncing off the turf in 1993 AFC Championship.......knocking him senseless and effectively ending his last real chance at another SB with a rousing headache. :thumbsup:

Or ending the hated Don Shula's coaching career with 353 yards rushing in a blowout playoff game!

We have gotten closure before and we will get a chance each of the next couple seasons at least.

Get some! :thumbsup:

Didn't Moats basically end Farve's career?

If by "retire" you mean kneecap the son of a B word, I'm on board.

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol:

I see a lot of us want some closure for the heartaches he has given us - Hard to believe that his career blew up b\c Bledsoe got chiseled hard in the one Jet game

Then this skinny !@#$er comes out of nowhere - Hope Gisselle tells him - " you have the biggest bullseye on you " everyone (besides the pats fan and MAss.) hates you. The other 30 something teams hate you. Don't want something to happen to you baby - you achieved it all. Be home with me and the kids.....

He has his rings and has broken records - he has set his legacy in the league (even though the Patsies did cheat here and there), he should ride off in the sunset and retire now. That way our Bills can rise up lol

The Bills sucking has NOTHING to do with Brady or Belichick!! There are two other teams in our division, the Jets and Dolphins, two other lousy organizations that we can't seem to outperform either. Also, they have this thing called the wild card which the Bills haven't even had a sniff at for almost 20 years.

I'm a "look on the bright side" type too.

Him continuing to play means his last game is going to most likely be a playoff beat down once somebody gets all grown up and lives up to the moment.

Doesn't change the 5 SB wins. But the end of the dynasty will be sweet, and it has to come eventually.

In times like these, i ask myself: what would we be saying if Brady was the Bills QB?

People here would be wearing air pump needles on necklaces, and half the children in Buffalo under 10, would be named either "Tom" or "Brady", even the girls.

"This is my son Tom, and his sister Brady".

Edited by HoF Watkins

Great tension filled game. I don't care how much people here dislike the Pats and Brady you have to give them credit. Brady made so many clutch throws.

One of the big biggest plays that resulted in the Falcons losing the game was when Ryan got sacked and took his team out of field goal range. It was a crushing mistake. If they would have been in position to kick a field goal the Pats would have had to score twice. The Pats got the ball back and scored a TD and capped it off with a two point conversion.

I thought the rookie receiver, Mitchell, made some big plays for the Pats.

There were great catches by both teams. Julio Junes made some stunning catches. And Endelman made a phenomenal catch in the middle of the field snatching it away from a defender and catching it while it was juggling around.

Unquestionably Brady is the best of the best of all time.

no one. Anywhere. Is saying Brady made poor throws. He was not good at all in the first. And did not start rolling until the falcons ran out of steam. Then he picked them apart once he hit rhythm

Why are you here? Not trying to be a jerk. Seriously, why would you want to come on a bills board? Just curious.

he had said many times this is the only place for intelligent football discussion he knows. The pats boards and fans don't know football, he has proclaimed which we know to be truw

Copy and paste this every time people talk about the greatness of the pats

Let's take a trip down Cheaters memory lane:

01 SpyGate year, video taped Rams walk through *W

03 SpyGate *W

04 SpyGate *W

07 SpyGate exposed L

11 L

14 DeflateGate *W

16 W (let's wait for leaks & rumors become confirmed)

Not to mention the outside of cheating the last two titles were basically won by the other coaches incompetence.

03 SpyGate *W

04 SpyGate *W

07 SpyGate exposed L

11 L

14 DeflateGate *W

Not to mention the outside of cheating the last two titles were basically won by the other coaches incompetence.

No offense, but this is just over dramatized non sense.

1. Spygate didn't have nearly the impact you want to make it out to be.

2. Deflategate had nothing to do with Super Bowl in 2014, that was from an AFC Playoff game where Brady players BETTER in the 2nd half after the alleged lighter air balls were removed. Not to mention Deflategate might have been the single dumbest thing I have ever seen and had almost no impact on anything ever.

3. There is NO SCANDAL around this win.

I get you guys hate the pats, but you might as well join the groups that think our Politicians are really Lizard people working to control our world with all your far stretching conspiracy theories. The Pats are an absolute Dynasty, they are the best owners and organization in Football and are as good, maybe even better, than Jerry Buss was at owning the Lakers. They have the best coach of this generation, and arguably ever. They have the best QB of this generation and arguably ever.

No amount of whining about over exaggerated incidents is ever going to change that. Hate them all you want, I do to, but I still acknowledge how good they are.

Edited by Alphadawg7

03 SpyGate *W

04 SpyGate *W

07 SpyGate exposed L

11 L

14 DeflateGate *W

Yep, we had Shanahan's missing backpack and the drone flying over the Falcons practice.