Mike Waufle- new DL coach

FluffHead

I remember watching that when Hard Knocks played and I thought he sounded like a complete and utter tool. Like a guy that just had to hear himself talk.

That is ironic, I thought the same thing about your post.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The D line for the rams last year was very good

I dont think there is any doubt that McDermott is gonna get this D back to where it should be.....it is a damn shame we could not retain the O side of the ball exactly how it was

Now we have to wait to see if there is this major offensive drop off

Last year O was not as good as you seem to think.

Last year O was not as good as you seem to think.

It was pretty good- a historically great running attack and a top 10 scoring offense with Waktins out most of the year and many other WR injuries... do we have to go over this again?

Isn't that just like us. Defense is great, let's get Rex and destroy it. Now offense is good and defense stinks so let's blow up the whole coaching staff instead of just fixing the defense. I agree, the D will be good but now the problem will be the offense

Nobody chases their tail better than the Buffalo Bills. Absolutely my biggest fear. Only a team with no brain could do this twice right?

Nobody chases their tail better than the Buffalo Bills. Absolutely my biggest fear. Only a team with no brain could do this twice right?

Would have been better off if the O was bad and the D was good. Then they could have done exactly that. The problem was Rex wasn't going to fire himself and had already sacrificed the OC. What was left to do? Bottom line : Rex was a mistake and this is the inevitable result.

The inevitable result is what?

They could've promoted Lynn to head coach and kept all the offensive pieces in place while focusing on fixing the defense and defensive staff.

So hire in their belief an inferior head coach to the one we got, because we had a half decent offense one year. The Bills are not being so shortsighted and are putting the coach in place who they believe can build a winning football program. Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

This dude is such a loser.

Old school for sure

I remember watching that when Hard Knocks played and I thought he sounded like a complete and utter tool. Like a guy that just had to hear himself talk.

Yep between his BS and Jeff Fishers you knew they were doomed. After all the yelling and screaming they get pantsed by the 49ers 28-0 and give up 50 to the Saints. Meh to this bigmouth.

Football, particularly defensive line, is the place I look for forward thinking non-confrontational discipline.

:lol:

He's going to turn Shaq into a killing machine!

I can just imagine the first discussion with Jerry Hughes "Son, you're a !@#$ing penalty machine and every time you commit a stupid ass penalty you hurt this !@#$ing football team. You will either un!@#$ your head or the next down you play will be in Cleveland."

Laughed myself to tears

Isn't that just like us. Defense is great, let's get Rex and destroy it. Now offense is good and defense stinks so let's blow up the whole coaching staff instead of just fixing the defense. I agree, the D will be good but now the problem will be the offense

You don't know if the offense will be the problem...McCoy, Gillisee, Clay, Watkins, decent O-Line....obviously QB is the question but talent is still there

You don't know if the offense will be the problem...McCoy, Gillisee, Clay, Watkins, decent O-Line....obviously QB is the question but talent is still there

We know. They have to learn an all new offense and we don't even have a QB. At least we will have a good defense again though

Marcell Dareus is a man child that needs a guy like this. I think Waufle, Frazier and McDermott are the best thing that could happen to him.

I still think Dareus is a good guy. Just needs some structure. Now he has it. I look for him to have an amazing season next year.

I agree. This is why we need to keep Kromer. The running game was fantastic last year, and even good the year before with a hobbled McCoy.

It was pretty good- a historically great running attack and a top 10 scoring offense with Waktins out most of the year and many other WR injuries... do we have to go over this again?

#10 in ppg, #16 in ypg. Consistent failures in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. Yet people here are throwing around terms like "historically great" and acting like the team shouldn't be messing with perfection. Expectations on this board are incredibly low.

Edited by vincec

#10 in ppg, #16 in ypg. Consistent failures in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. Yet people here are throwing around terms like "historically great" and acting like the team shouldn't be messing with perfection. Expectations on this board are incredibly low.

what about the defenses inability to hold a lead or stop teams from scoring giving our offense a chance on the field?

Marcell Dareus is a man child that needs a guy like this. I think Waufle, Frazier and McDermott are the best thing that could happen to him.

Maybe. Just because you want to yell at him doesn't mean he will respond well to that type of "motivation". Dareus may just check out, pull a groin, collect a check. Careful what you wish for as the saying goes. A lot of you people must not have kids.

The more that I think about it the more that I realize that this new hire has nothing to do about the Xs and the Os, it's all about putting descipline and order into this team. McDermott has got this pit bull to do the dirty work by being the enforcer. For all we know Waufle might be one and done. McDermott said that he is methodical about himself, this might be one of those type of moves. If so I say well played.

don't cut off words in my post to make your point. I said 'historically great running attack' #1 in rushing yards, #1 in rushing ave per carry, #1 rushing yards per game, #1 rushing TD's.... I don't recall 'historically' teams finishing higher than #1 in all of those catagories in 1 season.

and please, once again, totally dismiss the defenses role in our 7-9 season.

The more that I think about it the more that I realize that this new hire has nothing to do about the Xs and the Os, it's all about putting descipline and order into this team. McDermott has got this pit bull to do the dirty work by being the enforcer. For all we know Waufle might be one and done. McDermott said that he is methodical about himself, this might be one of those type of moves. If so I say well played.

agreed

I doubt this guy just yells at people all the time. I also think that players wanted discipline. Well, here you go.

agreed also.

what about the defenses inability to hold a lead or stop teams from scoring giving our offense a chance on the field?

What about the offenses inability too post from behind? If a team took the lead in the 4th quarter against the Bills,it was game over.

Maybe. Just because you want to yell at him doesn't mean he will respond well to that type of "motivation". Dareus may just check out, pull a groin, collect a check. Careful what you wish for as the saying goes. A lot of you people must not have kids.

Look if guys can't handle the heat, then I don't want them on my team. I want guys that are fired up and passionate like Bubba Waufle. If Dareus wants to "check out" then cut his fat ass. Good riddance.

Dareus did great under Pepper Johnson too

He needs a tough, no nonsense guy as his DL coach. Some guys need to be.... motivated let's just say.

He needs someone that will tell him to destroy the guy in front of you and get in the backfield. Dareus has trouble when coaches tell him to hold his ground and clog. Dareus will be salivating after listening to this guy.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

The only thing that matters is how many points you score man.......there really isnt a stat that backs you up here

This !@#$in idiot came across as a real ass on hard knocks. The Rams D line did do some good things i guess.

That rams D line was dominant.....now you can say that they had incredible talent but I think we do as well.......

I dont care how a coach gets his results.....as long as he gets them

Look if guys can't handle the heat, then I don't want them on my team. I want guys that are fired up and passionate like Bubba Waufle. If Dareus wants to "check out" then cut his fat ass. Good riddance.

I am thinking this is the player that was falling asleep in the team meetings.....

Could you imagine this happening with Wauffel?

The only thing that matters is how many points you score man.......there really isnt a stat that backs you up here

What really matters is scoring more points than the opponent, not how many points you score. When your offense has the ball and a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter, they need to deliver. If not, they aren't that good.

And by the way #10 ppg and #16 ypg are not untouchable rankings like you are pretending. A third of the league is better than them. Let's have some perspective.

Edited by vincec

What really matters is scoring more points than the opponent, not how many points you score. When your offense has the ball and a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter, they need to deliver. If not, they aren't that good.

And by the way #10 ppg and #16 ypg are not untouchable rankings like you are pretending. A third of the league is better than them.

Again, for all intents and purposes, with Tyrod the Bills were seventh in the league in scoring this year, and sixth in scoring once Lynn came on. That is a more accurate number when gauging how much they scored. They also had only two defensive TDs, the lowest in the league, plus crappy special teams, plus a crappy defense that gave up long drives and didn't get many turnovers or give the Bills good field position.

And instead of a tough, no-nonsense coach, now he's got someone who'll Waufle.

Or even worse.....make him a Waufle?

And by the way #10 ppg and #16 ypg are not untouchable rankings like you are pretending. A third of the league is better than them. Let's have some perspective.

Jesus christ.....ok

Again, for all intents and purposes, with Tyrod the Bills were seventh in the league in scoring this year, and sixth in scoring once Lynn came on. That is a more accurate number when gauging how much they scored. They also had only two defensive TDs, the lowest in the league, plus crappy special teams, plus a crappy defense that gave up long drives and didn't get many turnovers or give the Bills good field position.

How many times did the Bills win a game after trailing in the 4th quarter? Or even take the lead back? That's not up to the offense? Nice try.

Edited by vincec

Of course this does not matter Kelly......the only important stat is scoring more then your opponent....REGARDLESS of how many points you are giving up on a Rex Ryan supposed to be D dominant team

Of course this does not matter Kelly......the only important stat is scoring more then your opponent....REGARDLESS of how many points you are giving up on a Rex Ryan supposed to be D dominant team

I know that discussing this with you is laughable futile, but why is no one addressing my point? The Bills did not win one game after trailing in the 4th quarter. Is that not a problem with the offense? Are you expecting a pick 6 or something to get the lead back? It's up to the offense and they failed.