Mike Waufle- new DL coach

FluffHead

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, if he liked Robert Quinn then he's gonna !@#$ing love Kyle Williams! Our boy had 2 sacks like that last year! Who has more heart than Kyle !@#$ing Williams??!!! NOBODY! I love this hire! I have been hoping for toughness, now we got a !@#$ing marine leading us into battle??!!! Wow! Go Bills!

Dont dismiss what a coach like this will have on Shaq Lawson either

Marcell Dareus is a man child that needs a guy like this. I think Waufle, Frazier and McDermott are the best thing that could happen to him.

the best thing to happen to marcell was that $100 mil contract.

this could get ugly. i know that when my boss yells at me constantly, hitting up a fatty boom batty of the sticky icky icky at the end of the day is the only thing that keeps me going.

this could get ugly. i know that when my boss yells at me constantly, hitting up a fatty boom batty of the sticky icky icky at the end of the day is the only thing that keeps me going.

One way or the other this need to get worked out

He either needs to go on and be the player he should be.....or his ass needs to be on the bench and traded/cut at the first opportunity

I talked to Wanny a few years back and he basically said he doesn't think Marcel will ever live up to his potential. I fear this type of coach could actually work counter to what everyone is thinking. Time will tell

it's not like Dareus has had a horrible career, and besides the whole defense was crap last season. He was also injured. I have no worries that he will play very well next season.

Can't imagine how a disciplinarian would be worse for him than Rex was.

Obviously your boss is not a mentor, coach or leader. I haven't had a boss in thirty years. I have built two businesses and employed a number of people. I have no idea what the second part of that sentence means, but if your boss yells at you undeservedly do something else.

Different people need different guidance. Dareus is not a criminal nor is he lazy, you do not make to the NFL if you are lazy. He is immature and had more personal loss at a young age than anyone should endure. He needs structure and guidance.

I talked to Wanny a few years back and he basically said he doesn't think Marcel will ever live up to his potential. I fear this type of coach could actually work counter to what everyone is thinking. Time will tell

I watched Wanny on the Fox pre pre game show, I'm surprised he can tie his shoes.

@amytrask

Wowee - Mike Waufle is an absolutely sensational coach - one of very best w/whom I worked - an even better man - and by the way, a Marine.

Ah, I knew there was something extra special about him.

Little known fact: Waufle's great-grandparents came over to the US from Flanders as refugees at the beginning of World War 1.

That's right. He's a fourth-generation Belgian Waufle.

Oh my.

Different people need different guidance. Dareus is not a criminal nor is he lazy, you do not make to the NFL if you are lazy. He is immature and had more personal loss at a young age than anyone should endure. He needs structure and guidance.

i didn't say he was lazy or a criminal. actually, i like him quite a bit. and, yes, you can make the nfl if you're lazy but that's another argument entirely.

just because marcell smokes weed doesn't mean he needs a drill sergeant to suddenly be set straight. nor does it make him immature.

the best motivators understand that different people need to be treated differently (i think we agree here). lombardi coached this way, which probably contributed to his success. i have no idea if waffle works that way. i just know - based on these clips -- that he seems like a boorish caricature of a football coach.

it's entirely possible that this dude might elevate marcell's performance (he's already ahead of the game since there's no suspension next year). i just prefer people who treat adults as adults as opposed to treating them as children.

The D line for the rams last year was very good

I dont think there is any doubt that McDermott is gonna get this D back to where it should be.....it is a damn shame we could not retain the O side of the ball exactly how it was

Now we have to wait to see if there is this major offensive drop off

Isn't that just like us. Defense is great, let's get Rex and destroy it. Now offense is good and defense stinks so let's blow up the whole coaching staff instead of just fixing the defense. I agree, the D will be good but now the problem will be the offense

Most recently d line coach with rams. He was a real hard ass on hard knocks. Military background. He will make big baby Marcell cry.

Native of Hornell, NY

He might change the atmosphere in the room and on the field, and he can curse everyone out if he wants to, but he ultimately can't make any player do anything. Change in play has to come from the player. Change in life has to come from the person.

Dareus has been in multiple Pro-Bowls; has been All-Pro. Going back to 4-3 will probably get us back to the Dareus we saw before Rex.

Edited by purple haze