Mike Waufle- new DL coach

FluffHead

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the best thing to happen to marcell was that $100 mil contract.

this could get ugly. i know that when my boss yells at me constantly, hitting up a fatty boom batty of the sticky icky icky at the end of the day is the only thing that keeps me going.

Some people's reaction is to stop !@#$ing up. When that happens the yelling usually turns into praise and the yelling is directed elsewhere while you're held up as an example to follow.

He might change the atmosphere in the room and on the field, and he can curse everyone out if he wants to, but he ultimately can't make any player do anything. Change in play has to come from the player. Change in life has to come from the person.

Dareus has been in multiple Pro-Bowls; has been All-Pro. Going back to 4-3 will probably get us back to the Dareus we saw before Rex.

and a kick in the pants is always worth something for everyone. even i need one now and again

We called him Bubba in High School. Still do actually. He is a solid hire. Has had exceptional DL's with Oakland, NY Giants and LA. All good solid disciplined units. Way to go Bubba. Congratulations. Good to see someone from my hometown on the staff of my favorite team. Go Bills.

But do you know fellow tbd poster "the monk"

Thinking the players are going to miss Rex quickly.

He was asking them to study and learn . The new guys are going to train them hard

draining the swamp

i didn't say he was lazy or a criminal. actually, i like him quite a bit. and, yes, you can make the nfl if you're lazy but that's another argument entirely.

just because marcell smokes weed doesn't mean he needs a drill sergeant to suddenly be set straight. nor does it make him immature.

the best motivators understand that different people need to be treated differently (i think we agree here). lombardi coached this way, which probably contributed to his success. i have no idea if waffle works that way. i just know - based on these clips -- that he seems like a boorish caricature of a football coach.

it's entirely possible that this dude might elevate marcell's performance (he's already ahead of the game since there's no suspension next year). i just prefer people who treat adults as adults as opposed to treating them as children.

When they act properly they will be treated properly, probably will be rough at first.

It's hard to argue with his results but he comes across as someone I'd hate to work for/with

It's hard to argue with his results but he comes across as someone I'd hate to work for/with.

Yeah, seems like he could be a jackass, but he has had great success.

Dont dismiss what a coach like this will have on Shaq Lawson either

He's going to turn Shaq into a killing machine!

I can just imagine the first discussion with Jerry Hughes "Son, you're a !@#$ing penalty machine and every time you commit a stupid ass penalty you hurt this !@#$ing football team. You will either un!@#$ your head or the next down you play will be in Cleveland."

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

He might change the atmosphere in the room and on the field, and he can curse everyone out if he wants to, but he ultimately can't make any player do anything. Change in play has to come from the player. Change in life has to come from the person.

Dareus has been in multiple Pro-Bowls; has been All-Pro. Going back to 4-3 will probably get us back to the Dareus we saw before Rex.

There may be a lot of truth in this. It wasn't a secret that Marcel didn't like Rex's system. He doesn't like being a space eater.