Carucci: Lynn is having 2nd Thoughts about Bills' HC Job

Now he not interested because he knows the Bills are not interested, both Pegulas gave a lukewram endorsement . Trust me this guy will not be a HC for the Bills or any other team in the league.

Sunday he says he wants the job, Tuesday he hears both Terry and Kim say in separate interviews the job is not his and Wed he is no longer interested. HMM go figure...

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Except I have no idea what question you asked giving K9 as the source. And I didn't respond to it or answer it. And if you said Vic Carucci said it I would have addressed it depending on whatever it was that you said. So your little childish gotcha was an epic fail. Keep trying though.

It was a joke bud, lighten up.

There VERY likely was an ultimatum issued......but it matters not.....both will likely have been fired in the succeeding back-to-back years.

Vic stated that he believes the national perception of the team is poor because the national media thinks it's poor. The. Ational media is just parroting Vic and the other schlubs over at TBN. So basically he's saying "the team is a mess because I say so." I did lol when he specified that Pegula gav an interview "the the AP". It's so obvious he's salty about having zero access

Vic stated that he believes the national perception of the team is poor because the national media thinks it's poor. The. Ational media is just parroting Vic and the other schlubs over at TBN. So basically he's saying "the team is a mess because I say so." I did lol when he specified that Pegula gav an interview "the the AP". It's so obvious he's salty about having zero access

Bill Polian said the same thing.

He's media too and not a surprise take in the least IMO.............but that's gotta' be a bit discouraging for people like yourself who think it's all nonsense driven by TBN.

Especially since the Pegula's have been so affectionate to him...........geez you think he'd throw them a bone and pretend it's not a mess.......right?

As I said yesterday......THE MOST BILLSY conclusion would be the Pegula's shooting down Whaleys choice........from what is basically a soggy list of candidates that are even willing to consider taking a job with lame duck Whaley........and then telling him they want to hire Lynn. :lol:

I think it's his search but they are hoping Whaley brings them something unexpectedly inspired(doubtful from that list) ...OR....more likely comes to THEIR conclusion to hire a guy like Lynn or Coughlinn.

Every one of the candidates the Bills are potentially interviewing, save Reich, are being interviewed by multiple other teams as well.

At least we know who will be in the room during the coaching interviews and when they plan to start...

Regarding Lynn he's probably upset that he was a "virtual lock!" one day (though fans / media hated that idea), and "not a lock" - per Kim, the next (though fans / media now see to hate that).

Also, confused on how Vic answered the Tyrod question. Benigni says Tyrod sounded like he might be open to renegotiating his deal (anyone know what he's talking about) and Vic says "Well, Tyrod is mad, he wanted to know if had his extension before he walked out the door." Yeah, well, tough sh*t. He then says Tyrod might not even want to play for the Bills, but can't we just pick up the option and keep him?

Yes, we can pick up the option and then his reaction is limited to:

1) play for the Bills

2) fail to report, throw a temper tantrum, and hope to get traded

3) pull a Byrd bath

Thats a shame. I wanted Lynn to come back as OC. If he isnt bak i doubt we keep Tyrod and that puts us into a tailspin and 3 years away from a winning season maybe more.

i don't think Lynn will determine whether they keep TT. Any coaching candidate will discuss the plan at QB and what they want to do. Do you think Lynn is the only one who would think he's worth keeping? I don't.

That said I can't imagine there is any candidate, lynn included, who will be thinking he's a great option as a starter and will be looking to add to the QB room to challenge him.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i don't think Lynn will determine whether they keep TT. Any coaching candidate will discuss the plan at QB and what they want to do. Do you think Lynn is the only one who would think he's worth keeping? I don't.

That said I can't imagine there is any candidate, lynn included, who will be thinking he's a great option as a starter and will be looking to add to the QB room to challenge him.

:beer:

Every one of the candidates the Bills are potentially interviewing, save Reich, are being interviewed by multiple other teams as well.

That has nothing to do with my point.

IMO......Whaley MUST win this year.

He's saved his skin for now........but "7-9....not good enough" was intended by him to be the title of his PC.........so it most likely won't be good enough next year either.

And when GM's go........coaches usually go RIGHT behind them.

I don't think the Pegula's will make the mistake of picking the coach again.........it will be a complete re-boot with a GM coming in with a coach he already feels a philosophical alignment with.

Win NOW is fair amount of pressure for a first time HC introducing two new systems into a lockerroom that has been characterized as having a lot of unaccountable, obstinate players and deeply ingrained losing culture.

I pretty much HATE that list of candidates for this job................they really don't know what they are walking into if they take this job and don't realize how precarious it is.

Lynn is the pretty obvious choice and as I've said I think the Pegula's will see it that way and Whaley may have to take it and like it one last time.

That has nothing to do with my point.

IMO......Whaley MUST win this year.

He's saved his skin for now........but "7-9....not good enough" was intended by him to be the title of his PC.........so it most likely won't be good enough next year either.

And when GM's go........coaches usually go RIGHT behind them.

I don't think the Pegula's will make the mistake of picking the coach again.........it will be a complete re-boot with a GM coming in with a coach he already feels a philosophical alignment with.

Win NOW is fair amount of pressure for a first time HC introducing two new systems into a lockerroom that has been characterized as having a lot of unaccountable, obstinate players and deeply ingrained losing culture.

I pretty much HATE that list of candidates for this job................they really don't know what they are walking into if they take this job and don't realize how precarious it is.

Lynn is the pretty obvious choice and as I've said I think the Pegula's will see it that way and Whaley may have to take it and like it one last time.

You have to think Whaley is a total moron if you think he doesnt see Lynn as a viable, legitimate, obvious and good choice as next head coach of the Bills. For all of the reasons you have stated here and before, which I agree with most of your stances. Both the good and the bad. It's very possible he has other people he also thinks may be good choices. He also knows this isn't a great year for hires. He also knows any coordinator is a hit or miss chance. He also knows he has very little time to produce. All of that is obvious. Lynn is a top candidate.

Link?

I don't have a link. I'm just reading tea leaves like everyone else. We do know they met months ago.

Bills interviewed all the up and coming guys last time too like Gase. But Terry went for the big glamor hit with Rex. The man spent over $1,000,000,000 for the privilege. I just don't think he's going to go with our opening day RB coach recommended by the idiot he just fired. Or some other no name punk.

Yeah, Whaley is hanging on by a thread, and Tyrod playing for us next year isnt going to save him. I dont know which head coach can win with this current roster.

You mean one of the many on TSW? Nice! :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

You have to think Whaley is a total moron if you think he doesnt see Lynn as a viable, legitimate, obvious and good choice as next head coach of the Bills. For all of the reasons you have stated here and before, which I agree with most of your stances. Both the good and the bad. It's very possible he has other people he also thinks may be good choices. He also knows this isn't a great year for hires. He also knows any coordinator is a hit or miss chance. He also knows he has very little time to produce. All of that is obvious. Lynn is a top candidate.

But I say it's OBVIOUS. And not Marrone-obvious. Like, for-real obvious. :thumbsup:

And I don't think Lynn is any better on the surface than ANY of those other candidates.......he's likely JAG and it will be at least a mild surprise if he turns into anything more than a one and done HC, IMO..............but he AT LEAST has a fighting chance most would not because he understands this roster/organization.

When they likely re-start in a year or two the roster will be younger by default......the slate will be able to be wiped clean......including those undermining secretaries......and the job will be far more attractive.

Maybe even Sean McVay or the next Yung Shanny-type attractive.

maybe Lynn likes to sit in traffic.

Why would anyone with options take the Rams job? This is an owner who refuses to talk to his own players. No 1st round pick. Depressing QB they are stuck with trying to prove was worth 72 picks. No OL.

No idea. And Kroenke is an asshat. He married into Walmart money and is from MO, but still moved the team to LA.

If he does he basically gets a 2-3 year chance at least.

In Buffalo, he gets 1 year.

I haven't heard even one apologist try to step up and deny that so my sources........circumstance+common sense......seem legit. :thumbsup:

LOL! What HC of the Bills ever got 1 year?

Now he not interested because he knows the Bills are not interested, both Pegulas gave a lukewram endorsement . Trust me this guy will not be a HC for the Bills or any other team in the league.

Sunday he says he wants the job, Tuesday he hears both Terry and Kim say in separate interviews the job is not his and Wed he is no longer interested. HMM go figure...

Yup.

But I say it's OBVIOUS. And not Marrone-obvious. Like, for-real obvious. :thumbsup:

And I don't think Lynn is any better on the surface than ANY of those other candidates.......he's likely JAG and it will be at least a mild surprise if he turns into anything more than a one and done HC, IMO..............but he AT LEAST has a fighting chance most would not because he understands this roster/organization.

When they likely re-start in a year or two the roster will be younger by default......the slate will be able to be wiped clean......including those undermining secretaries......and the job will be far more attractive.

Maybe even Sean McVay or the next Yung Shanny-type attractive.

He's not necessarily better than any of those guys. The point is, almost anyone in Whaley's position, including Whaley, knows that any of these ex-coordinators are hit or miss, and that if everyone is a toss up, go with the evil you know. That's why I think Lynn will be the next coach. Not a stone lock, just a likelihood, regardless of the clatter.

LOL! What HC of the Bills ever got 1 year?

So are you saying you are certain Whaley gets 2 more years or just laughing at the coach that will have to take the fall with him if they don't win this year? :thumbsup:

Edited by #BADOL

Who knows if this is true but it seems like Lynn is in Taylor's corner and it appears Taylor is getting the feeling someone is not in his corner who you think would have to be Whaley. I am really thinking Whaley is the problem here...not all these coaches are perfect but hasn't Whaley had a poor relationship with about four of them now?

The incident began with Marrone, who sources said has had a strained relationship with director of player personnel Jim Monos from their time together in New Orleans, getting into a loud exchange with Monos in which the men were cursing at each other to the point where others noticed ("they were more or less MFing each other," is how one source put it). General manager Doug Whaley then intervened. The expletives continued and finally team president and acting owner Russ Brandon tried to defuse the situation by getting involved in an attempt to get all parties to "shut up," as one source put it. But that too escalated into more yelling and hollering, with Brandon and Marrone ultimately separated by their peers and Marrone, in earshot of players, making remarks along the lines of "go ahead and fire me," before order was restored and the team took the field for practice.http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24695455/buffalo-tension-boils-over-in-shouting-match-for-marrone-bills-officials

Marrone quit.

Rex was....whatever.

And Lynn is reconsidering the job.

Whaley Brandon Monos are still here.

All is well.

Edited by Big Blitz

Sadly, I think you are correct about the Pats guys. I also think that they realize they do not have a chance with KS so probably are not asking.

Doug may want to block caller ID when he makes these calls.

I don't think Buddy taught him caller ID or to block it.

Unsure if everyone is assuming a candidate whose GM just accused him of lying would make him leery of taking a head coaching job or if Lynn is really upset with the press conference. Putting myself in Lynn's position I would be pissed. I had that happen before where a supervisor made it appear I was in on a decision I had no input on. It makes you ask yourself f they are willing to lie about that than what else are they willing to lie about. I'm guessing Lynn would rather find a better option but many of the other teams looking for coaches are dysfunctional as well.

I think some of these coaches are getting smarter and realizing they only get a couple of chances at the highest level jobs and have to be successful. They are less likely to take an offer just because there are only so many jobs. Coaches are fired so quickly now you have to be much more careful plus many of these candidates are younger and have more time. I wouldn't take a job with a GM or head coach (as a coordinator) I suspected is in over his head, is not trustworthy and may be let go soon because if you look bad in the process your record is tarnished too. Whaley is building a reputation of not getting along with coaches and doing/saying whatever is necessary to save his own skin - I wouldn't want to take a head coaching job with the Bills right now if I thought I'd eventually get a better chance for success.

He better be sure he gets a job someplace first.

This is a really good point. I bet a bunch of coaches make the wrong choice taking the first offer because it's such a tough job to get hired for and the top of your profession and you really don't know if you are going to get another job or another chance. Good point, Promo.

Unsure if everyone is assuming a candidate whose GM just accused him of lying would make him leery of taking a head coaching job or if Lynn is really upset with the press conference. Putting myself in Lynn's position I would be pissed. I had that happen before where a supervisor made it appear I was in on a decision I had no input on. It makes you ask yourself f they are willing to lie about that than what else are they willing to lie about. I'm guessing Lynn would rather find a better option but many of the other teams looking for coaches are dysfunctional as well.

I think some of these coaches are getting smarter and realizing they only get a couple of chances at the highest level jobs and have to be successful. They are less likely to take an offer just because there are only so many jobs. Coaches are fired so quickly now you have to be much more careful plus many of these candidates are younger and have more time. I wouldn't take a job with a GM or head coach (as a coordinator) I suspected is in over his head, is not trustworthy and may be let go soon because if you look bad in the process your record is tarnished too. Whaley is building a reputation of not getting along with coaches and doing/saying whatever is necessary to save his own skin - I wouldn't want to take a head coaching job with the Bills right now if I thought I'd eventually get a better chance for success.

where did Whaley accuse Lynn of lying?

You are correct, the media in Buffalo is exactly the problem...has been for years.

Completely agree. If it wasn't for the media we wouldn't have punted in overtime against the the dolphins. I'd also like to note jerry Sullivan's tackling against the dolphins and the steelers was atrocious. Also, if Bucky Gleason hadn't put duke williams against mike Wallace on week 1 the season would have been totally different. Don't even remind me of Jeremy white's defensive game plan against the jets in week two. And the raiders game - if only Howard Simon hadn't taken over playcalling after gillislee's touchdown in the second half we wouldn't have gone three and out three times in a row.

where did Whaley accuse Lynn of lying?

Lynn said he wasn't in on the decision to bench Taylor the last game, essentially he was told it was happening. Whaley said he was involved in the discussion. The way it was presented both versions couldn't be correct. Perhaps explained better it wouldn't have been so bad but it sure sounded like Whaley contradicted Lynn's version.

Lynn said he wasn't in on the decision to bench Taylor the last game, essentially he was told it was happening. Whaley said he was involved in the discussion. The way it was presented both versions couldn't be correct. Perhaps explained better it wouldn't have been so bad but it sure sounded like Whaley contradicted Lynn's version.

not exactly. Lynn actually said it was "our decision" to sit Taylor. Later he was asked if the decision was made because of the injury clause and gtd money. He said he "didn't know" because he wasn't in the room when that decision was made.

Whaley was asked if Lynn was involved in the decision and he said he wasn't involved in every conversation but he was consulted about the decision. It was pretty clear that he was involved in the ultimate decision but was not in on every conversation about it (re: contract implications).

Edited by YoloinOhio

not exactly. Lynn actually said it was "our decision" to sit Taylor. Later he was asked if the decision was made because of the injury clause and gtd money. He said he "didn't know" because he wasn't in the room when that decision was made.

Whaley was asked if Lynn was involved in the decision and he said he wasn't involved in every conversation but he was consulted about the decision. It was pretty clear that he was involved in the ultimate decision but was not in on every conversation about it (re: contract implications).

That's the way I see it. Whaley has no obligation to tell all, or even the truth. There are 32 teams that lie every draft. The Patriots have a HC/GM who never tells the truth, and he's on the express train to the HOF. We just need to be BETTER at lying (and indifferent to the reaction) to smooth things over.

Everything sounds fishy...for example, if it was "our decision" how could he not know why they decision was made? That makes no sense. It was "our decision" but he wasn't in the room when the decision was made? That was Lynn trying to be a team player. Then Whaley contradicted his version by saying he was consulted. Doesn't make Lynn look good.

That's the way I see it. Whaley has no obligation to tell all, or even the truth. There are 32 teams that lie every draft. The Patriots have a HC/GM who never tells the truth, and he's on the express train to the HOF. We just need to be BETTER at lying (and indifferent to the reaction) to smooth things over.

Avoiding the question is not the same as contradicting someone else. Yes, whatever it is we are much worse at it and perhaps it doesn't matter if you make the playoffs every year! Edited by timtebow15

Everything sounds fishy...for example, if it was "our decision" how could he not know why they decision was made? That makes no sense. It was "our decision" but he wasn't in the room when the decision was made? That was Lynn trying to be a team player. Then Whaley contradicted his version by saying he was consulted. Doesn't make Lynn look good.

This kind of conversation kills me. Of course the answer is because of the injury clause of the contract. That's really the only major reason. And there is also no chance any owner or GM or President or coach is going to say it's because of the injury clause of the contract. That is blatantly clear.