Carucci: Lynn is having 2nd Thoughts about Bills' HC Job

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave McBride, wouldn't expect that level of gullible from you seeing your posts over the years.

The media reports have been consistently kindergarten for the last month.

You guys are all standing around watching the flames and still poo-pooing the report of smoke.

Who still says a Czar is a bad idea? This needs to get stabilized fast. Whatever you want his title to be (even HC) , Coughlin is more of a type we need to be in this organization. This thing is rolling right off the rails.

Being saying it since the Rex firing rumors started. Whaley is admittedly a scout at heart, he appears to be over his head in front of the media and doesn't come across as a leader his men get behind or a coach with any track record would immediately respect. He obviously is out of the loop between the head coach and owners. And I have zero faith in ownership to make football-related (personnel, coaching) decisions. Sure, the guy fracks a mean well and Kim can market well is appears but just because they have a few billion doesn't make them qualified to make football decisions. Yes it's their team, and if you want to fall to that default, great, but you can't expect anything other than a repeat of RCW's ownership. And if the the story is true, that Rex asked about his future and also wanted to play Tyrod and was fired on the spot, that doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies about Pegula(s).

I just think someone who they trust with a football pedigree should oversee the coach and GM and that person should report to the Pegulas. I think this is what this organization needs, a restructuring to clean up the mess.

Dave McBride, wouldn't expect that level of gullible from you seeing your posts over the years.

The media reports have been consistently kindergarten for the last month.

I think you guys are way too quick to assume the Buffalo media is clueless. Negative? No doubt, but it's merited with the Bills. I honestly think, though, that Carucci isn't an inherently negative guy. He covered the Browns for a while so maybe he's been beaten down by the terrible franchises he's had to cover, but he's reasonably connected and I can't think of any egregious reporting on his part since he returned to Buffalo. People may disagree with his slant, but out and out lies/fabrication? No. He was very positive in the late 80s/90s. This franchise blows at the moment, and that generates frustration. You do realize that all of these writers are Bills fans at heart, right?

If you entirely discount ALL of the talk about Rex thinking this was probably his last season since before the season even started.....telling Lynn he'd be the next coach etc.....then maybe it "obviously" wasn't an ultimatum.......a Doug Marrone kinda' "obviously" but maybe "obviously". :lol:

You thought if Rex's defense drastically sucked the entire season and the offense scored a lot of points, more than enough to win, that Rex would likely be fired after this season, too, didn't you? I sure did. And I was in favor of the hire. Had nothing to do with playoffs or bust. Nor did I think Whaley was playoffs or bust. If they lost Tyrod in game one, played EJ the whole year, the defense led the league and the Bills lost out on the playoffs that Rex would be fired? Of course not. It would have been stupid to give any kind of ultimatum.

It's self-evident. It wasn't an either/or statement, it was an AND statement.

I just answered that. But to expand, you are saying there is no way at all that Whaley could have preserved his mown job throughout this year by distancing himself from Rex and therefore relieving himself from any ultimatum and disconnecting his fate from that or Rex.

Just admit to this already.

Seriously?

This teams not a cluster !@#$?

Dont tell me you have more heat maps to dispute this **** show at OBD?

Heat maps jokes still huh? Still clinging to all the old material.

**** got old like a year ago.

Cluster !@#$? How? They fired the coach you hated. They did exactly what you wanted. And now it's a cluster !@#$? You really have just one note, don't you?

I just answered that. But to expand, you are saying there is no way at all that Whaley could have preserved his mown job throughout this year by distancing himself from Rex and therefore relieving himself from any ultimatum and disconnecting his fate from that or Rex.

Just admit to this already.

No. An ultimatum is an ultimatum or it's not an ultimatum.

You guys are all standing around watching the flames and still poo-pooing the report of smoke.

You're right in a sense. As a professional I just sometimes can't believe what they are able to pass off as "work" nowadays in that field. I've learned to pick my battles later in life but this one really gets me each time it occurs.

Yeah, thats a valid point, and I would not be surprised if they did, but he is also only 1 year removed from what was deemed a strong step forward and full of promise. So I would think the first priority is to find a HC that believes they can fix Bortles rather than give up on him. That may be tough to do though as his mechanics are awful and so are his instincts. But all in all, I would expect he is at least given a full year with the new staff before they officially throw in the towel. But also wouldn't surprise me to see them grab another QB in this draft in like the 3rd round just in case.

the GM who picked Bortles 3rd overall (which many felt was a giant reach) is still there. He's definitely going to want to try to salvage him and will want a coach to commit to doing so. The Bortles pick is Caldwell's signature move and he's not going to give up easily.

Being saying it since the Rex firing rumors started. Whaley is admittedly a scout at heart, he appears to be over his head in front of the media and doesn't come across as a leader his men get behind or a coach with any track record would immediately respect. He obviously is out of the loop between the head coach and owners. And I have zero faith in ownership to make football-related (personnel, coaching) decisions. Sure, the guy fracks a mean well and Kim can market well is appears but just because they have a few billion doesn't make them qualified to make football decisions. Yes it's their team, and if you want to fall to that default, great, but you can't expect anything other than a repeat of RCW's ownership. And if the the story is true, that Rex asked about his future and also wanted to play Tyrod and was fired on the spot, that doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies about Pegula(s).

I just think someone who they trust with a football pedigree should oversee the coach and GM and that person should report to the Pegulas. I think this is what this organization needs, a restructuring to clean up the mess.

They tried that with Polian but he didn't want to do it.

In the end, Pegula is doing what he needs to be doing. Trusting Whaley to find a quality head coach and letting them work.

The only thing he needs to do differently right now is to replace the current communications director because the PR is a train wreck and it affecting the perception of the franchise.

No. An ultimatum is an ultimatum or it's not an ultimatum.

Let's just agree to disagree about Carucci. I think he's ok, and the negativity emanating from an inherently non-negative person is understandable to me. Not talking about you here, but implying that the Bills are OK because SF is in bad shape at the moment is akin to saying Afghanistan ain't bad because, well, Syria.

You're right in a sense. As a professional I just sometimes can't believe what they are able to pass off as "work" nowadays in that field. I've learned to pick my battles later in life but this one really gets me each time it occurs.

That's because since TBN/WGR has been snubbed by ownership the company line has been "if you don't have anything nice to say, say it".

I think you guys are way too quick to assume the Buffalo media is clueless. Negative? No doubt, but it's merited with the Bills. I honestly think, though, that Carucci isn't an inherently negative guy. He covered the Browns for a while so maybe he's been beaten down by the terrible franchises he's had to cover, but he's reasonably connected and I can't think of any egregious reporting on his part since he returned to Buffalo. People may disagree with his slant, but out and out lies/fabrication? No. He was very positive in the late 80s/90s. This franchise blows at the moment, and that generates frustration. You do realize that all of these writers are Bills fans at heart, right?

Ok fair enough on your opinion... I disagree about Vic is all. He's not the guy he was back then integrity-wise. Not sure what changed overall. My sense is direction from his org or mngmnt. along with the Pegula family's dislike of the local media scene.

That's because since TBN/WGR has been snubbed by ownership the company line has been "if you don't have anything nice to say, say it".

Or in the case of Rodak's magical tweet from Saturn: they don't give you information, then they can't complain when you make it up.

I'm an amateur (though I did work for the AP, so I guess that could qualify as a former professional) and I feel the same way.