Carucci: Lynn is having 2nd Thoughts about Bills' HC Job

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All of this source conversation is ridiculous. Guess what? If a writer reveals a source (either directly or indirectly) he or she will not have sources for long.

Putting that aside, this leak reeks of posturing to me. I wouldn't be surprised if Lynn's interview sucked and his agent is in damage control. Lynn has been a bridesmaid a few time, and if this front office won't "marry" him after observing him for a few years it doesn't bode well for his future HC prospects,

There is no source. It's not even I talked to a guy.

Be careful, Dog. You're beginning to sound like a kool-aid drinker. This franchise is a train wreck at the moment and it's likely to get a lot worse. I'm in for the long haul, however. Vic C sounded eminently sensible to me.

Excellent interview with Carucci. We should not overestimate the talent on this team. It is truly middling and it's going to get worse. The talent level on this team is the biggest myth that pervades the franchise, and if Taylor is out the door, we're going into next season with no competent qb (who is not a rookie). Fasten your seatbelts.

Yep. Maybe the best thing for DW to do now is to pretend that this is the "blueprint" of which he spoke yesterday, and it is their version of the tank . . . .

It may not bother many Bills fans, but I suspect that it would raise concern with guys who may be candidates for the job.

That would matter if any of these "candidates" were going to find a HC job elsewhere. I don't see it. Good thing about bringing home 5 cans of spam, no line at the dinner table.

Who would want this job?

Everyone comes off as a bunch of incompetent bumbling idiots at OBD.

And fans still apologize for them.

Are you serious? First off, doom and gloomers around here are making a bid deal out of nothing in terms of the press conferences. Second, we are easily the 2nd best job available right now behind only Denver. The other teams are not nearly as close to contending as we are outside of Denver. Rankings from worst to best below:

6. SF - One of the three worst jobs to have in the NFL right now, just a terrible roster.

5. Jax - Not much better than SF and saddle with a terrible young QB in Blake.

4. SD - Not a very talented roster overall and their franchise QB is on the tail end of his career.

3. Rams - Some talent on the D and a promising young RB...but saddled with a QB easily for next 2 years that people are split on. If the coach candidate thinks Goff can be the man, then this opening moves up the list, but I live in LA and I have been very underwhelmed with what I have seem of him and think he is a negative to this opening because who ever takes this job is committed to him at least 2 years given his lofty draft status.

2. Bills - A team that contended despite a ton of injuries to its best players and with a few off season additions and a healthy roster should be poised to contend again right out the gate.

1. Broncos - Very talented roster, best D in the league, talent on the offense...but does have a big question mark at QB. None the less, the pieces are there to be formidable if they can just find even solid QB play.

Be careful, Dog. You're beginning to sound like a kool-aid drinker. This franchise is a train wreck at the moment and it's likely to get a lot worse. I'm in for the long haul, however. Vic C sounded eminently sensible to me.

I've heard from reliable sources that Vic is full of crap. And again, hearing from around the league is the last resort. Not even near to the nebulous "league sources." You know that.

That would matter if any of these "candidates" were going to find a HC job elsewhere. I don't see it. Good thing about bringing home 5 cans of spam, no line at the dinner table.

That is exactly what I am afraid of.

I remember that empty feeling I had when some of the prior guys were hired as HC of the Bills. I am getting ready for that same feeling.

Tyrod was benched due to needing possible surgery and injury option.

Last look at EJ to see if backup next season.

$27.5M next season for Taylor is not worth that

He said he'd restructure the contract. Love it or hate it but Tyrod is still the best option at QB for the Bills next year. It's either him or, re-sign EJ Manuel, start mediocre rookie QB and set this team back another 3 years, Geno Smith, Mark Sanchez, Matt McGloin, Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Schaub, Shaun Hill, Brian Hoyer, etc. Or trade/sign for ANOTHER unproven backup QB (please see Osweiler).

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Are you serious? First off, doom and gloomers around here are making a bid deal out of nothing in terms of the press conferences. Second, we are easily the 2nd best job available right now behind only Denver. The other teams are not nearly as close to contending as we are outside of Denver. Rankings from worst to best below:

6. SF - One of the three worst jobs to have in the NFL right now, just a terrible roster.

4. SD - Not a very talented roster overall and their franchise QB is on the tail end of his career.

3. Rams - Some talent on the D and a promising young RB...but saddled with a QB easily for next 2 years that people are split on. If the coach candidate thinks Goff can be the man, then this opening moves up the list, but I live in LA and I have been very underwhelmed with what I have seem of him and think he is a negative to this opening because who ever takes this job is committed to him at least 2 years given his lofty draft status.

2. Bills - A team that contended despite a ton of injuries to its best players and with a few off season additions and a healthy roster should be poised to contend again right out the gate.

1. Broncos - Very talented roster, best D in the league, talent on the offense...but does have a big question mark at QB. None the less, the pieces are there to be formidable if they can just find even solid QB play.

Jason Cole or someone surveyed 7 NFL GM's and the Bills job was at the end of the list. I saw it linked on here, but again that's probably just the evil media picking on poor OBD.

Isn't Bortles in his 3rd year? I feel like they could move on from him pretty easily if need be.

Wow. Vic is going downhill - sounds more like Sully each year.

Rex worked directly for the Pegulas. Right or wrong, that's the org chart. So it makes sense that Whaley wouldn't have been involved in the decision to fire Rex.

"I'm hearing around the league..." In other words, Vic doesn't have sources inside OBD. Instead he listens to the low paid talking heads in other NFL cities. Weak.

There's nothing new in this interview. Only speculation, rumor, and opinion. And there are posters here whose opinions I value more than Vic's.

I thought it was interesting Vic referenced 'Terry Pegula's interview for the Associated Press' but did not mention JW by name. Professional envy?