Carucci: Lynn is having 2nd Thoughts about Bills' HC Job

Be careful what you wish for . . . you just might get it . . . .

Vic's reporting about how the Bills' HC job is now viewed around the league and Anthony Lynn's second thoughts are both incredibly depressing and sadly predictable.

Ugh.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At least we know who will be in the room during the coaching interviews and when they plan to start...

Regarding Lynn he's probably upset that he was a "virtual lock!" one day (though fans / media hated that idea), and "not a lock" - per Kim, the next (though fans / media now see to hate that).

Also, confused on how Vic answered the Tyrod question. Benigni says Tyrod sounded like he might be open to renegotiating his deal (anyone know what he's talking about) and Vic says "Well, Tyrod is mad, he wanted to know if had his extension before he walked out the door." Yeah, well, tough sh*t. He then says Tyrod might not even want to play for the Bills, but can't we just pick up the option and keep him?

This is a really weird interview. Carruci didn't hear that from Lynn, it's nebulous 'talk around the league'. He said Lynn is unhappy with Whaley's press conference saying he was in the room with Whaley and the Pegulas when the final decision to bench Tyrod Taylor and start EJ Manuel was made because it's "Whaley calling him a liar". I imagine Whaley wasn't thrilled with Lynn saying he wasn't involved in the decision if Whaley called him in, put Pegula on speaker, and said something like "we'd like to bench Tyrod for business reasons and so we can get a look at the younger guys on the roster, what are your thoughts on that?" and Lynn said "It's next man up, I'll get with my coaches but that would be Manuel and I'm OK with that".

Whaley says he and Lynn have talked and "we're good", but either THAT'S the lie or Carucci is just stirring the pot.

I thought it was pretty clear in the presser that Whaley was not enthusiastic about Lynn. He was asked if Lynn represented "continuity" to him, and he corrected that to "familiarity". It may be that Lynn actually isn't that high on Whaley's list, that, similar to Coughlin, Lynn was someone the Pegulas favored but Whaley is driving. It may be "dem grapes look sour"

IF it's spreading i think that it's hedging by Lynn...so he can say I didn't want it anyways. I think Whaley doesn't want to go in his direction. Especially given Chenelly saying Whaley isn't excited about Lynn. A small aside so way back when Joe C called Roman to Buffalo-- he cited having just talked to Whaley either by text or phone; can't remember the exact details. Chenelly's contact is someone in Whaley's circle or Whaley himself. He deleted the tweet after.

I do not put much stock in anything Carucci has to say anymore. He has reverted to innuendo, retweets and rumors as his sources. In other words, standard TBN. Pretty clear he and the others there have their panties in a wad over denied access and are crusading. Clear to me anyway.

IF it's spreading i think that it's hedging by Lynn...so he can say I didn't want it anyways. I think Whaley doesn't want to go in his direction. Especially given Chenelly saying Whaley isn't excited about Lynn. A small aside so way back when Joe C called Roman to Buffalo-- he cited having just talked to Whaley either by text or phone; can't remember the exact details. Chenelly's contact is someone in Whaley's circle or Whaley himself. He deleted the tweet after.

I remember that now. Yeah, the guy's got a good source.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

All is well!!

Watching Vic on Twitter today has been funny. He's so pissed that Terry went to AP and that Doug gave them nothing. It's adorable.

He was a running back coach 4 months ago. Walking away for a 49ers rebuild or a job tied to Goff? Give me a break.

Link?

^ Let's keep in mind that the people who write about Buffalo sports are not journalists, do not claim to be journalists and don't adhere to those standards. They have failed the community by being unable to hold the local sports organizations accountable because they unable to devolve to message board warriors if everything doesn't go exactly the way they want it to go in their lives.

Sure. It's the media that is the problem.

Given that Anthony Lynn came to the Bills with Rex and it has now been reported that he was elevated to interim HC based on Rex's recommendation, it does not surprise me that Joe C has tweeted that Whaley is not excited about Lynn.

I know many here will disagree with me on this, but I think that one of the reasons Whaley did not like Rex is that he was under his shadow (given the differences in personality and cache around the league). I seriously doubt that Whaley wants to hire as the permanent head coach someone that has been tied to Rex.

Similarly, I do not see Whaley wanting to hire someone like Coughlin given that Whaley likely would be under his shadow as well.

Whaley (by necessity or design) likely will recommend someone like some of these guys who have been mentioned (Sean McDermott, Joseph, Teryl Austin, Harold Goodwin). Each of these guys would not cast a shadow over DW and they are guys that the Bills could get and would be beholden to Doug Whaley.

Watching Vic on Twitter today has been funny. He's so pissed that Terry went to AP and that Doug gave them nothing. It's adorable.

He was a running back coach 4 months ago. Walking away for a 49ers rebuild or a job tied to Goff? Give me a break.

You really like that uninspired list of coaches they are interviewing?

Who knows if this is true but it seems like Lynn is in Taylor's corner and it appears Taylor is getting the feeling someone is not in his corner who you think would have to be Whaley. I am really thinking Whaley is the problem here...not all these coaches are perfect but hasn't Whaley had a poor relationship with about four of them now? At least Lynn had the offense operating somewhat successfully. Looks like we are starting from scratch yet again. I really would have liked to see what Schwartz would have done with the team. But Whaley must not have liked him either!

probably since he is not even getting an interview.

I mean who would want a guy that has head coaching experience, led the worst team of all time to the playoffs and runs a great defense and even did so here.

I love how every dark turn, people attack the source

What's the source?

If Carucci stands up and says "I spoke with Lynn, and he's no longer as interested in the Bills job because he's upset about the way Whaley presented the Taylor benching in his presser", Lynn is his source.

If he stands up and says "I spoke to one of Lynn's trusted confidants and...." the confidant is his source.

What's Carucci's source in that piece? It's all nebulous and diffuse.